Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found a new exploit? definitely cheating, but what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a new exploit? definitely cheating, but what to do?

This may or may not be new, but I've never seen it before. My buddies and I were playing on the 64 size Dragon Valley, and when trying to cap the Temple flag, it would not go down, and we kept getting killed with no one that we could see.

Well, to make a long story short, there were 2 cheaters inside the temple, firing out at us. Now, the first thing I bet you all will ask is if I have any proof? Well, yes, I do. Not only do I have screenshots, but they cheated on a server that has battlerecorder! Those two are true intellectual giants! Cheating on a server that has battlerecorder running! To confirm our suspicions, I donwloaded the match and watched it. We saw how they got underneath it, and how they could take anyone down who was close.

Now here's the dilemma. I looked up these two scumbags' stats. Both are under 1000 points. I figure they used these accounts to try the cheats. So, if I turn them in to EA, they should get their stats reset. Big deal. They lose around 800 points. It would be nice to be able to ban whatever accounts they are using. I'm not that familiar with key ban, hardware ban, etc. Maybe someone here can help me with that. Basically, they obviously cheated, and will only lose those points on those specific accounts. Is there any way to make their punishment more just?

I am at work (shhhh!) and have the screenshots at home, therefore I did not attach them here.

Re: Found a new exploit? definitely cheating, but what to do?

plz report them here http://www.bf2rankedservers.com/foru...ead.php?t=1169

Comment

If you send me the recording I'll be sure to put in a bug report for it.
      rico @ totalbf2.com

Comment

I'd bet the server had FF turned off. They probably C4'd themselves into the building.

We had the same thing yesterday on [WMD] server. Two guys in the TALL building on Karkand, the building closest to the Train Wreck flag. One guy had a PKM (surprise) so they had infinite ammo.

The WMD guys who were on apologized and said they didn't have admin rights so they couldn't kick them. We couldn't get enough votes to boot them.

Funniest thing was that in the 2 rounds I saw this - they lost both.

Comment

Originally posted by DosX
          I'd bet the server had FF turned off. They probably C4'd themselves into the building.

We had the same thing yesterday on [WMD] server. Two guys in the TALL building on Karkand, the building closest to the Train Wreck flag. One guy had a PKM (surprise) so they had infinite ammo.

The WMD guys who were on apologized and said they didn't have admin rights so they couldn't kick them. We couldn't get enough votes to boot them.

Funniest thing was that in the 2 rounds I saw this - they lost both.
          even with ff turned off you cant blow your self into the buildings!
          i know this as im a admin in are clan server an when were waiting on people to join we try out some of the well known glitches an every time we c4'd are selfs it would kill us as soon as we hit the wall.
          the splash damge only works for vechiles an foot soldiers not the terrain ie buildings.
          the only way the glitched worked bfore was to push your self through the wall with a gun turret on the jeep or tank but with one of hte latest patchs they made it harder not impossible to do.
          sorry about the spellin not one of my strong points lol

Comment

Rico, I sent the battlerecorder file to you. It's about 10MB, so I hope it makes it.

They did not use C4 to get inside.

Isn't there such a thing as an hardware/IP/key ban? Shouldn't the server we were playing on have their IP's/username logged?

Attached is a screenie of their cheating.

Comment

At the very least they will be wiped so yea, stupid them.

Comment

Ya exploiters and cheaters suck balls and need to have their ip banned from the game.

Comment

Originally posted by =DarkJediKnight=
                  Ya exploiters and cheaters suck balls and need to have their ip banned from the game.
                  An IP ban won't do anything because most ISP's don't use static IP's. Now, if they can ban by MAC address', then the only way these cheaters could play would be to replace hardware, which starts becoming an expensive penalty for cheating.

Comment

Did they use any cheatprogram to get inside or was it a glitch?

Comment

Originally posted by royaljewellz
                      An IP ban won't do anything because most ISP's don't use static IP's. Now, if they can ban by MAC address', then the only way these cheaters could play would be to replace hardware, which starts becoming an expensive penalty for cheating.
                      the eayest way around a ip ban is just to buy a new net card we did on my friends pc after pb gave him a hwb because he hadnt updated his pb an it showed that the set up files where different from the new files.

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
                        Did they use any cheatprogram to get inside or was it a glitch?
                        to get inside buildings its a glitch like the one on skarki an karkland maps just to name a few.

Comment

Well at best Dice or EA can investigate the known glitch and hopefully patch it along with others.

Comment

got it thanks

Comment

Originally posted by IndianScout
                              got it thanks
                              have you got the glitch for sharki ive got video tutourial of it i found it a couple of days ago,if you like i could pm the link to you

Comment

Working...
                              X