Euro Force and the EA Downloader - FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Euro Force and the EA Downloader - FAQ

I've installed EF but when i want to play an EF map it says that i have to but EF :S but in BFHQ i can see the EF weapons and characters

Comment

my problem is exactly like mizus second pic. on page 4 of this thread. when i click 'download now' nothing happens, and when i try downloading the 1.21 - 1.22 patch, it goes into the downloading screen but does nothing more, like the pic. maybee EA should just put the dam thing in a CD/DVD and put it in the dam stores.

Comment

Originally posted by mizu
        guys i keep getting this error

and the main page stays in this page

sometimes i get frequent lockups for a few secs
        same same, any1 can help me in this guy about why we get this message? i still havent download ef cos of this...

Comment

Originally posted by BillSkinzFifth
          So.. finally managed to purchase Euro.. now whenever i try to open EA Downloader to use what i just bought.. i "EA desktop client" error... no matter how many time i restart, reinstall, remove stuff from task manager... this is honestly the biggest cluster I have ever seen regarding a software install of this magnitude... talk about dropping the ball.. but.. they have my money so im sure they wont be an any hurry to help... absolute BS
          I and around 13 of the 60-70 members in TEAMHAF have this exact same issue. I purchased EF when it first came out and had this problem from the beginning. I called EA's BF2 technical support line (650) 628-1005 and was on the phone for about 4 1/2 hours with a technician (whom I could hardly understand) and he finally gave up and refunded my money. They said it was my firewall, when it wasnt that they said it was my antivirus, when it wasnt that they said it must be my router, when it wasnt that they said it was some other backround program yet in the taskmgr the only program running under my user was explorer.exe. Well with the release of AF I heard that this problem had been addressed and resolved so this time BEFORE paying EA a single penny I tried to install the downloader and guess what??????????

"Ea Desktop Client has encountered an error and must close..........blah blah blah"

For the last 2 days since the release of AF I have been playing email tag and probrably spent 10-20 dollars in long distance (Im east coast, ea is west coast) phone calls trying to figure it out but the ineptness of EA is unparalleled. At this point I have pretty much conceded the fact that unless the expansion packs are released on a disk in stores I'm screwed. I have sent them my dxdiag report and still nothing so as of now I will never buy a product from EA again, nothing. DO NOT believe their website when they say the CORE.EXE issue has been resolved because it most certainly has not!!!!!!!!!!!

Uber my friend just download firefox it works great there.
          Thats interesting because the technicians i spoke with all said that the downloader will only work with IE6, not mozilla, not IE7 beta, not opera.

After reading through this post I see that there are many many people who EA has screwed, hopefully some of them will see this and call to get their money back. It is a shame that a company like EA cannot release a quality product.

Comment

I thought I'd try out the EAD b4 I bought the expansions just to make sure it would work. It's installed and runs but I can't view any of the trailers. I can see the ESRB rating screen, but then there's just a little white box with a white dot inside and I can't see how to d/l or play the vids. It also doesn't show the download size under that column.

Not a good sign. Has anybody experienced this, and if so does it mean it won't work for downloading the EF or AF packs? I'd like to get them but I don't want to spend my $ until I'm sure it'll work, given the numerous problems described in this thread.

Any help appreciated.

Relevant info: XP SP2, Firefox, IE v6, ATI x800 & catalyst 6.6 drivers, all clean and updated & config minimal

Comment

Originally posted by DogGunn
              No it doesn't.
              What ever name comes up in BF2HQ you put as your GameSpy name.
              If that doesn't work, you change your GameSpy name (won't change your name ingame) to something else and then use that.
              I've tried it myself and it works fine!

It's meant to. Euro Force is a addon, where BF2: SF is a mod.
              If you can open up a Euro Force map in single player, then you know you have successfully installed it.

As for the search, check your filters and spelling.
              okay so i just downloaded Euro but its giving me the message when i go to play that i need to buy it. My account name is akruse21 but i registered under downloader as a different name. How do i get it to work?

Comment

I' tried to buy Armored Fury through EA Link and encountered a small problem: my nickname contains '<' and '>' characters and it seems that EA Link cannot work with nicknames that contain such characters.
                Anyone have any ideas about how can I make EA Link to work with such nickname?

Comment

You have two names with EA. One is your account name. That is the one you want to use for EA Link. Once you are in and buy the software, then they ask what your BF2 name is, you get to use the one with the < or > characters in it.

Log into BF2. The first Login Screen you see is your EA Account name. You need to have that and your password to get into EA Link.

Comment

Are you absolutely sure that EA Link works with nicknames with '<' and '>' characters? Because I entered everything correctly (I think) but still got an error.

Comment

No. It does not work with nicknames. It works with your real EA Login name.

You have an EA login name and with that you then create your BF2 character nickname. What you need for the EA Link is your EA login name and specifically NOT your nickname.

After you buy the product online, it will ask you your BF2 Character Nickname and THEN you can enter that one in. This is specifically to link the game you are buying to your account.

My example. The name I play under in bf2? |CBW|Simon

The actual EA Login name I had to generate first would not let me use special characters so I made up CBWSimonHawke and when I log into EALink or the EA site, I have to use THAT login name and password.

Comment

I have bought this the other day, and read this thread so i downloaded the BF2 1.21 patch to my desktop via gamespot, then I ran the exe straight from the desktop, I was previously running on the 1.41 patch before I downloaded the 1.21, I did not uninstall it as I could not see this option anywhere - and same as before the multiplayer servers load but then say I need to revert to offical veriosn of BF2, I shall try and reinstall the 1.21 patch. Does anyone have any alternative suggestions?

Comment

I have now found out that installing the 1.2.1 patch I still had the message saying I needed to buy Euro Forces, so i re-installed 1.4.1 patch so I could play other servers while i left EF for the time being, loaded up EF ,maps and they now work, perhaps you just need to re-install a patch after download?

Comment

Working...
                          X