Euro Force and the EA Downloader - FAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro Force and the EA Downloader - FAQ

I want to make sure you have some info on the EAD. Here are 2 URLs that matter:

1. EA Downloader

2. Support article, "What is The EA Downloader?"

---------------------------------------------
    Steps to purchase/download:

1. Use your ea.com account to login and purchase. You don't have to make a new one if you have one already. Pogo accounts or any ea.com account works fine. - your ea.com is not your bf2 account.

2. When purchasing it will ask you for your BF2 login nickname. Just enter the nick you want to apply EF to. You can change it later if you change your mind. This is sometimes called the GameSpy nickname or the BF2 nickname. Same difference. For example, if you play BF2 as Shawn then enter Shawn (not email) in the double field that asks for your GameSpy Nickname. Your GameSpy nickname is your BF2 name.

3. Download using the downloader. Make sure you don't have your downloader logged into a second different ea.com account. I did that without noticing and thought I broke it.

4. Click install in the downloader when it is ready.

5. Play the game normally. You don't need the downloader open, running or even installed at this point.

---------------------------------------------
    Account Questions

Q: Do I have to create a special EA or GameSpy account to get Euro Force?
    A: No. Log into your ea. com account and when you buy EF you will be asked which nickname you are entitling. If you use more than one ea.com account on your PC make certain you buy it with the same one you want to download it with.

Q: How many times can I change the GameSpy nick associated with my EF purchase?
    A: You can change your Gamespy nickname up to 3 times per week. Do this by opening the downloader. You will see a text link on the Euro Force image. Alternately, you can go to ea.com and My Account and edit the info there.

Downloader Questions

Q: Does the EAD need to be installed or running in order for me to play Euro Force?
    A: No.

Q: Does the EAD send my personal system information back to EA? Like spyware?
    A: No.

Q: When will the EA Downloader be patched to support IE 7.0?
    A: This is planned for closer to when 7.0 is standard for the public. Update coming soon. Until this is updated users will likely see a core.exe error when they try to use the EAD.

Q: I get a "Core Error"?!
    A: This is caused by using Internet Explorer 7, which is not yet supported.

Q: Download rates are slow!
    A: The EAD teams is continually improving the efficiency and rate of downloads. Those who used the EAD in the past will likely see an improvement in rates now.

Purchase Questions

Q: I don't have a credit card, how can I buy Euro Force?
    A: We partner with the Click & Buy service to provide a myriad of other payment options. See http://clickandbuy. com for the full list. You'll see the Click & Buy logo option when purchasing, just follow the instructions there.

Q: Can my friend buy a game for me on the EAD?
    A: The only way to do this would be for your friend to login with your ea.com account. They could then buy the title and logout. Then when you login to the EAD later the title would be available for download. Do not do this with anyone you don't completely trust for obvious reasons.

File & Install Questions

Q: Can I make a backup copy for my own use after I download?
    A: Yes. The default location the downloaded files go to is C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\cache\accountname\. Inside there you will see folders or files for what you wish to backup.

Q: Is there a limit to the number of times I can download/install?
    A: No. Once purchased you can install and download at your leisure.

Q: I uninstalled a game, but the EAD still says "Play Game" instead of "Download Now"?
    A: If you do not uninstall correctly your PC will still show the software installed and the EAD will falsely think you still have it also. To insure accurate uninstalls use the Add/Remove Programs option in the Control Panel. If you are stuck in this state please contact customer support at http://support.ea.com.

Q: I encounter an install error at Great Wall Client.zip
    A: Go to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\cache\accountname\. You should see the EF file you downloaded. Move it out of there, or delete it. Then redownload EF. Unfortunately, until we track down this issue this is the only workaround.

Internet Explorer 7 - Core.exe Issues

The EA downloader does not work with Internet Explorer 7 beta.

In order to use the downloader you will need to revert your IE version to the standard 6. It may occur that you will also have to revert your activex setting. In order to revert your IE7 to IE 6:

1. Select Start and then select Control Panel.
    2. Select Add or Remove Programs.
    3. Tick Show Updates at the top right of the window.
    4. Locate Windows XP – Software Updates then select Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2Preview then select Change/Remove.

After reverting to IE6, if you still see the error, you may need to revert your IE and ActiveX settings to default:

1. Open Internet Explorer
    2. Select Tools then Internet Options
    3. Set Security and Privacy to default.

This should undo any configuration changes made my IE7.

Re: Euro Force and the EA Downloader - FAQ

Thanks Shawn, this should clear up many people's questions.

Comment

Mine says ready to play but I get an unmodified content error when joining great wall. I need to download again and reinstall but it only gives me an option of playing not to download or install. I purchased SF from this and it worked fine.

Comment

Why is Iceland not allowed to buy from EA store/downloader???????

I spent 2 hours trying to purchace this Euro Force with no luck..

Yes I signed up with click and buy.. (both in UK and USA) using
        my credit card.. But it always comes down to I cant buy this because
        I live in Iceland.. THANK YOU VERY MUCH EA!!!

Shawn can you please explain WHY?

Comment

Originally posted by <=BaD=>Chemical
          Why is Iceland not allowed to buy from EA store/downloader???????

I spent 2 hours trying to purchace this Euro Force with no luck..

Yes I signed up with click and buy.. (both in UK and USA) using
          my credit card.. But it always comes down to I cant buy this because
          I live in Iceland.. THANK YOU VERY MUCH EA!!!

Shawn can you please explain WHY?
          What he said.

Comment

'what's an iceland?'

Shawn for future reference (re Armoured Fury) you've gotta have this kind of post made public and noticed BEFORE the game goes live

Comment

ICELAND AND MANY OTHER COUNTRIES LIKE NEW ZEALAND ARE NOT APPROVED FOR PURCHASE...

SHAWN DID NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THAT

YES I'M FURIOUS AT EA and other RETARDS

Comment

Wheres the list of countrys available?

Comment

Nice FAQ Shawn, but it does not answer my problem:

Mine says ready to download, but nothing happens when I download. Except for an error message after a few seconds...
                  Then it jumps back from "downloading" to "ready to download"
                  Has been the same since I bought it.
                  Other people I know have the exact same problem here.
                  I've opened a support ticket at your company's customer support center, but I know that you're getting thousands of mails every day. So I won't expect too much.

A bit sad... I hoped that the error message was connected to EF not being officially released yet. But I guess it's something else. Maybe a problem with my account. I don't know...

Comment

AND WHAT DID HE SAID... ICELAND AND MANY OTHER COUNTRIES LIKE NEW ZEALAND ARE NOT APPROVED FOR PURCHASE...

SHAWN DID NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THAT YOU $%&&

YES I'M FURIOUS AT EA and other RETARDS
                    V&#225; gaur, &#233;g var einfaldlega a&#240; segja a&#240; &#233;g v&#230;ri 100% samm&#225;la &#254;&#233;r...

Comment

Originally posted by box_boy
                      Wheres the list of countrys available?
                      It's not avalable... THEY JUST LIKE TO TELL YOU AFTER YOU
                      PUT IN ALL YOUR BILLING DETAILS AND TRIED TO PURCHACE..

Unless they come up with a good reason for treating their paying
                      customers like that... They must be a bunch of retards. :cry:

Comment

I hope the download codes will arrive in stores here instead...

Comment

No even those work... I know... I own one of those download codes since about one month now...

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaNut
                            No even those work... I know... I own one of those download codes since about one month now...
                            Yes, but what are the odds that they will actually be sold here...none I gues...

Comment

It's not avalable... THEY JUST LIKE TO TELL YOU AFTER YOU
                              PUT IN ALL YOUR BILLING DETAILS AND TRIED TO PURCHACE..

Unless they come up with a good reason for treating their paying
                              customers like that... They must be a bunch of retards. :cry:

Nope, they tell you when you realise that your country isn't listed.

Comment

Working...
                              X