• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA LOCK TIMING vs JET TRAVEL

What is the AA lock timing in seconds?

How fast can a JET cover 300 meters?

Re: AA LOCK TIMING vs JET TRAVEL

At maximum speed, how fast can the jet cover 300m?

How long does it take an AA to get lock on said aircraft?

Rephrased the questions you gave us so that dorks like variable dont have to post.

Comment

Originally posted by GSG9xSNIPER
      What is the AA lock timing in seconds?

How fast can a JET cover 300 meters?

with afterburners .01 seconds

Comment

Well it really depends on what speed... because a JSF can go up to around 4,000 mph. Average speed for me though is ~1,300.

So 1,300 would go 300 ft. in probably less than a second.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBenis
          At maximum speed, how fast can the jet cover 300m?

How long does it take an AA to get lock on said aircraft?

Rephrased the questions you gave us so that dorks like variable dont have to post.
          a jet can cover 800-1000m in about 2seconds if you go supersonic.
          getting lock on a plane takes maybe 2-3 seconds.

Comment

Speed really depends on altitude. I just tested with the J-10 and cruising speed can be anywhere from just over 900 to 2000+ depending on altitude. At what I would consider "normal" game condition altitude my sustained cruising speed was about 950-970 in level flight. Turning or climbing drops this into the 800 range. Afterburners provided roughly a 10% gain in speed. Anyway, when flying level in the 950-970 range it took just over a second to cover 100 meters. Based on what I was seeing, average time to cover 300 meters is going to be about 3 seconds or slightly over. My best guess is that a speed of 1000 equates to 100m/s.

This gives AA a 6 second window, on average, in which the plane is in range, if the plane flies straight through the AA's coverage area. Most pilots will begin to turn once they hear the AA lock, so this will effect the amount of time they are in range. If they don't know where the AA lock is coming from they may even turn back into the AA's fire zone and end up increasing their exposure time.

I'll test AA lock time tomorrow, but I think it will be about 1 second, maybe 1.5 seconds.

Comment

you might want to measure it for 600 meters though

for the jet to fly from minimum safe distance, to over top of you, to 300 meters away

Comment

Originally posted by TheGhost
                Speed really depends on altitude. I just tested with the J-10 and cruising speed can be anywhere from just over 900 to 2000+ depending on altitude. At what I would consider "normal" game condition altitude my sustained cruising speed was about 950-970 in level flight. Turning or climbing drops this into the 800 range. Afterburners provided roughly a 10% gain in speed. Anyway, when flying level in the 950-970 range it took just over a second to cover 100 meters. Based on what I was seeing, average time to cover 300 meters is going to be about 3 seconds or slightly over. My best guess is that a speed of 1000 equates to 100m/s.

This gives AA a 6 second window, on average, in which the plane is in range, if the plane flies straight through the AA's coverage area. Most pilots will begin to turn once they hear the AA lock, so this will effect the amount of time they are in range. If they don't know where the AA lock is coming from they may even turn back into the AA's fire zone and end up increasing their exposure time.

I'll test AA lock time tomorrow, but I think it will be about 1 second, maybe 1.5 seconds.
                Best post so far about this topic.I also got about 3 seconds to travel 300 meters flying level tonight, I'm suspecting that AA doesn't LOCK ON until five seconds. The beep, beep,beep isn't a lock on until you get FULL TONE. I never had an AA just get full tone right from the beginning. Most people probadly think the beep,beep,beep is a LOCKED TONE.

Thanks for your input on this. I hope to hear from ya tommorow with AA LOCKED TONE (timing)

Comment

Well I am glad you finally got your answer after the very poor start to this thread...

Comment

The IGLA's lock delay is 0.7 sec
                    The range is 450m

A jet travels at about 300m/s without the afterburners

The jet moves x=300/0.7= 428m during those 0.7s

you definitly need a lot of luck to hit a jet. With the after burners it is almost uselsss with the current missiles settings.

Comment

Guys, you're putting alot of thought into the wrong things. Instead of figuring out how much time you have to outrun a lock on from a stinger, just fly straight up into the fog so they can't see you. Problem solved. Also try lurking just outside of the foggy area to stay clear from AA while keeping an eye on enemy jets. The only thing you really have to worry about is the fact that AA missiles are faster than jets for whatever reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
                        Guys, you're putting alot of thought into the wrong things. Instead of figuring out how much time you have to outrun a lock on from a stinger, just fly straight up into the fog so they can't see you. Problem solved. Also try lurking just outside of the foggy area to stay clear from AA while keeping an eye on enemy jets. The only thing you really have to worry about is the fact that AA missiles are faster than jets for whatever reasons.
                        That is not the point!
                        the point is that the AA will never have a time to lock on you if you are moving fast enough.

Comment

So we are effectively back to 1.12 as far as S2A is concerned on a plane, sigh.

Comment

Wow..this thread is short when it is kept on-topic

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                              because a JSF can go up to around 4,000 mph.

The SR-71 only goes Mach 3.2 (2,000mph). And I don't think there are any fighter aircraft that go faster than Mach 1.7 or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X