• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Add a PILOT CLASS

Not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSG9xSNIPER
      PILOTS should only carry a Colt .45 or 9mm . The only people whio can fly a plane or jet are "PILOT CLASS" no other people can fly. Heck I'm a pilot this would be great for the game.
      Except the class wouldn't be playable on maps that don't have jet or choppers, ie, Karkand.

Comment

Originally posted by BoozeMonkey
        i think it could go some thing like this,

Noob spawns in first

Noob picks pilot class (of course :laugh: )

Noob flys for about 2 minutes AA kills noob

Noob can NO LONGER FLY for another turn(equals one death, suicide dont count)

1 pilot seat open

Player X has been checking regularly on the SQUAD TAB under COMMANDER for "pilot seat available"

Player X picks open seat #3 out of #4

Player x drops current kit and become defensless plane whore

Well this system i came up with would be first come first to fly. But every one would get to fly. because no one could be pilot twice in a row unless the seats were completly uncontested. I think another good idea would be to stop T'k for a plane should be, ANYONE WITH A NEGITIVE SCORE IN TEAMWORK CANNOT FLY. that would work for the begining of the round.
        i
        still kinda like this one

Comment

Originally posted by GSG9xSNIPER
          PILOTS should only carry a Colt .45 or 9mm . The only people whio can fly a plane or jet are "PILOT CLASS" no other people can fly. Heck I'm a pilot this would be great for the game.
          I say they need just a bit more than a pistol. I say with the pistol and like a mp5 or a differnet submachine gun.

Comment

I fly as an Engineer or Support to help my team, this is not an idea that I like.

Comment

Originally posted by Strega
              I fly as an Engineer or Support to help my team, this is not an idea that I like.
              Nothing really wrong flying as Engineer, you can repair friendly tanks from air, and repair yourself by going away from the combat zone, just a good strategic way if you ask me, I do this also, but not alot since I don't seem to get the helicopter, as I seem to get into the map when quite a few people have already spawned (they must have 2GB RAM) then for the whole map 2 people will use the helicopter, process repeated, easier if its on a carrier but when its a map like Sharqi Penn, its hard.

Comment

we dont need any new class... the idea is crap -.- sry

Comment

i'm against this, i like to train my weapon stats while flying

Comment

I'm all for a Pilot class. Right before a Tanker class, an APC class, A driver class, a Sailor Class, a Sea Defense Class, a Tow Gunner class, etc. Of course we'll also need a Helicopter Pilot class too as piloting a jet isn't the same as a Helo.

You see that ^? That's about how stupid ya'll sound right about now. Gonna do it to one then ya gotta do it to the rest.

Not to mention that it spits in the face of the entire point of the Battlefield series, which is to do what you want, where you want, in what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse
                      Yeah, and then when half the team is at the airfield/carrier being useless to their team because they can't do anything else, people would be "OMG PILOT CLASS NOOBS RUIN GAME". Decent idea? Perhaps. Would it work in BF2? Absolutely not.
                      Two things. The pilot class would have to carry another weapon to shoot down planes.

they can always be used for ground or air defense.

Comment

Originally posted by BarkingSquirrel
                        I'm all for a Pilot class. Right before a Tanker class, an APC class, A driver class, a Sailor Class, a Sea Defense Class, a Tow Gunner class, etc. Of course we'll also need a Helicopter Pilot class too as piloting a jet isn't the same as a Helo.

You see that ^? That's about how stupid ya'll sound right about now. Gonna do it to one then ya gotta do it to the rest.

Not to mention that it spits in the face of the entire point of the Battlefield series, which is to do what you want, where you want, in what you want.
                        Or only players with certain rank can fly a plane, since it takes years of training before you can become a pilot.
                        But retrictions on certain vehicles and planes may help the noobs from ruining the game. Privates should be ground troops only and as you get promoted, then you can drive in certain vehicles. Just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by inf4my
                          I would rather fly as a medic thanks
                          Why in the universe would you fly as a medic? It's not like you are going to heal anyone or anything.

Originally posted by ace4u
                          Or only players with certain rank can fly a plane, since it takes years of training before you can become a pilot.
                          But retrictions on certain vehicles and planes may help the noobs from ruining the game. Privates should be ground troops only and as you get promoted, then you can drive in certain vehicles. Just an idea.
                          This is a good idea. It should be that you have to have a certain rank and a certain amount of time invested in game with all kits. You can ride in the choppers but you cannot fly them, until you hit SSgt or something.
                          To make a other classes as Barking Squirrel suggests would not make too much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by 3mERICa
                            sounds good.. but i would love an AA kit!

oh boy a Stinger missile with an HK MP5 backup would be the ****

also I would do the Pilot class as MP7/UZI with .45/9MM backup

Comment

I don't think a pilot class would help matters. Other people have already given good enough reasons why.
                              However, I do think a new "Hoodie" class should be introduced. Dressed in a designer hooded tracksuit top, and trainers. Carrying a crowbar, flick knife and an emergency spliff (first aid analgesia - can be shared with other Hoodie class players to heal injuries). This class would be ideal for people who tk for vehicles, or those who jump into an APC and drive off in a cloud of dust after the driver has jumped out for a second to repair it or lay a mine.

Comment

What difference would a pilot class really make, you'd just have a ton of idiots on the runway with the same kit instead of varied kits so that they can defend themselves when the occasional enemy comes into your base to wreak havoc.

Would be a tank thiefs paradise, drive up to the runway on Oman and mow down everyone and not worry about them fighting back lol. Then spawn camp their only three spawnpoints as they try to get a new kit.

Comment

Working...
                                X