EURO Pack Worth To PAY?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EURO Pack Worth To PAY?!?!

I am in too. I've only been playing BF2 for a short time and a new army with new maps(3) should be cool.

Comment

I rather if people didn't buy the booster pack. Then Dice will see this project as a failure, and will then
      a. Release us free stuff (to much to hope for)
      b. Go back to expansion pack (why not, SF is rather fun)
      c. **** in giving us new stuff, and just fix the bugs. (Mods give us the cool stuff)

Comment

Originally posted by demonicfrog
        I rather if people didn't buy the booster pack. Then Dice will see this project as a failure, and will then
        c. **** in giving us new stuff, and just fix the bugs. (Mods give us the cool stuff)
        I see you're point, but once again, name me a game that has given away this much content for FREE?

Comment

Don't normally post , just read the forums, but I can awnser that.

Unreal 2k4 mega pack 5 assault levels , 2 ctf and 2 deathmatch + every thing that was in the collectors edition bonus pack which was also free.

So to sum up

13 new maps in that pack , 3 new vehicles , 6 new charactors. All FREE.

Or maybe css since release of that

assault
          militia
          compound
          nuke
          inferno
          port

+ 2 extra player models for each team. Yes most of the maps are just ports from 1.6 , but it was still work that had to be done. Charge for them.... FREE.

I'm sure there are more , but it's late and I can't think of any more right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa
            im a noob ur a noob everyone is a noob. im going to get it so therefor i am a noob and an old noob at that. i guess i can just afford to pay ten dollars thats all. u got to think bout it for a sec EA is in the buisness to make money and they are going to make money at what they do whether u like it or not. i mean Burger king charges me 69 cents to super size my value meal but u dont see me boycotting burger king b/c of it.
            I agree with what you are saying. EA is a business, the objective of a business is money making, therefore it makes sense that they charge. Look on the bright side, at least they aren't charging $30 like they did for SF. SF wasn't bad but i don't think it was really worth $30. Also, part of the idea behind EF is to use the expansion as a sort of guinea pig to test the EA downloader, i guess you could say that.

Anyway, let me put it into perspective for you: It costs Domino's about $3.49 (including labor) to make a pizza, how much do you gegt charged?

EF is nothing to that, programmers put in more labor than a pizza guy. If you don't like capitalist exploitation, move to Cuba.

Comment

Agreed. 10 USD is like the minimum amount EA would charge for anything.
              For the weapons, maps, and everything that you get it, seems like a great
              deal that they made cheap to specifically test EA Downloader and please the
              community. I think I will appreciate it, we'll see though mid-March.

Comment

Originally posted by demonicfrog
                No they would do:
                D. Just walk away from Bf2, thanks for the money now Bf2142, you can forget any further patch.

Comment

Originally posted by DEAD_POOL07
                  If u people cant afford a $10 booster pack for the best selling multiplayer game of the year, than your not really gamers and you can get the hell out of our servers so u dont **** up the map rotation!
                  It isn't that people cannot afford $10 noobcake. They just don't want to buy something from a company with the type of track record that EA has. Radical changes in gameplay is not good when you are trying to sustain a customer base that is an mixed as the BF2 community is in general. For the rest of your post, please do not ever post again. K, thanks!

Comment

I don't think it won't be worth paying, but it should probably be around $5 instead of $10. I also felt that SF should of been more like $15-$20 and MAYBE $25.

Originally posted by ace4u
                    With all the whinning about the bugs and stuff, BF2 is still a fun game with awesome vehicles to fly, drive and blow up. I am in.
                    Amen to that. BF2 really isn't the buggiest game i have played.

Comment

I've got a whole list of games before this booster. After what EA has already done I'm not looking all that forward. I did hear someone else talking about some great maps but still.

Comment

I definately would say: no.
                        The maps have some nice things but the vehicles are crap, but maybe its just me..

Comment

I'm not sure why people have negative things to say about Special Forces. The addition of the grappling hook and zip line alone made the game infinitely better. Now you don't have to look for a ladder to change your elevation. Ladders rarely serve as bottlenecks for defenders to camp. It adds a new level of strategy to the game. I wish that they would impliment these devices into vanilla BF2 and Euro Force. That being said, I will give EF a go and see how the new maps play.

Comment

The only map i play on BF2 is SHARQI. I hate the rest of the game.

I play most of the maps on Special Forces. GHOST is my favorite which i play almost every single time since SF came out.

I hate Euroforce, its basically a return to the chinese maps on BF2. Which are the least maps i play.

I like city maps involving infantry. I dont like open fields involving armor. Since mostly noobs play chinese maps and armor, i think euroforce will be a successful noob game.

Personally, the last great thing EA did was release Special Forces. The worst thing they did was release 1.2 patch, 1.21 patch, drop support for special forces and release Euroforce.

They went from "1st person shooter" to "armor combat"

While EA has put the "team" in sports playing, lately it has been taking out the 'team" from BF2 game play.

Armor fury and Euroforce are perfect examples of this. Also no longer supporting SF (which was mostly team / infantry play and little armor) means they are moving back to lone wolf armor vehicles.

I find the idea of fighting one on one in armor vehicles rather boring. But, i prefer city combat with ladders, stairs, rooms, roofs, ziplines and grappling hooks.

Comment

I think il buy it i like the look of the new weapons etc.

Comment

Originally posted by subzero extreme
                                The only map i play on BF2 is SHARQI. I hate the rest of the game.

I play most of the maps on Special Forces. GHOST is my favorite which i play almost every single time since SF came out.

I hate Euroforce, its basically a return to the chinese maps on BF2. Which are the least maps i play.

I like city maps involving infantry. I dont like open fields involving armor. Since mostly noobs play chinese maps and armor, i think euroforce will be a successful noob game.

Personally, the last great thing EA did was release Special Forces. The worst thing they did was release 1.2 patch, 1.21 patch, drop support for special forces and release Euroforce.

They went from "1st person shooter" to "armor combat"

While EA has put the "team" in sports playing, lately it has been taking out the 'team" from BF2 game play.

Armor fury and Euroforce are perfect examples of this. Also no longer supporting SF (which was mostly team / infantry play and little armor) means they are moving back to lone wolf armor vehicles.

I find the idea of fighting one on one in armor vehicles rather boring. But, i prefer city combat with ladders, stairs, rooms, roofs, ziplines and grappling hooks.
                                These types of things provide variety. If you don't like the circumstances- don't buy it and play SF. A lot of people didn't like how EA was going infantry in SF, so they'll buy AF and EF. You follow?

Comment

Working...
                                X