Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EURO Pack Worth To PAY?!?!

Originally posted by Jesse
    Cheap in more ways than one. The cost per hour analogy is simply silly since Battlefield can't offer you something to all 5 of your sense. You get sight and sound at best.
    I don't quite understand your point. The analogy is that you paid a certain number of cents per hour (CENTS, as in cash, not senses, as in sight/sound/touch/taste/smell) to play. That is, I have paid $.20 per hour for the amount of time I've put into BF2. I still say that's a good investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rez_K'awil
      I don't quite understand your point. The analogy is that you paid a certain number of cents per hour (CENTS, as in cash, not senses, as in sight/sound/touch/taste/smell) to play. That is, I have paid $.20 per hour for the amount of time I've put into BF2. I still say that's a good investment.
      I know very well the difference betwen cents and sense, as well as the simple math of how they get their cph calculation. What I'm saying is how can you even compare sitting there in a computer chair watching pixels on a screen as compared to doing something that can offer you something from all 5 senses, instead of 2 at best? Comparisons to other forms of entertainment are almost always included or implied with this arguement, and it's rather silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggression7
        Hi all, just wanted to get some feedback from the bf2 community... With the SF expansion, I was sorely disappointed... maps werent that excited and there were graphical problems... now even some maps cant be played... Geez! Totally wasnt worth the money!

Anyway, are any of u gonna get the booster pack or Packs, cuz Im beginning to feel that the maps wont be worth it! and if its successful, who knows, maybe EA will make more packs and players PAY again!

As of now, NO TO BOOSTER PACKS... Less Im convinced otherwise...

Cheers ya all!!
        You are a poor misguided soul. I have played nothing but SF since it came out. After playing Vanilla BF2 for 5 months, SF was a breath of fresh air, and now we are coming up to 5 months with SF, the Euro will be a nice break. Then 2 months after that we should get the Armor Booster. Why do some of you inccesantly complain about this game? Just STFU and play or leave. We really don't care if you are not going to buy the booster, better yet, don't buy it, I don't want to end up in a squad gettting waxed because of your dumb ass. Everyone ignore this jackass, like I even had to tell you. :|:

Comment

Its a big ripoff!
          First of all, theres only 3 maps that are identical to karkand. zatar and daqing and still don't look as good as the bf2 ones. And it has 1 horribly skinned army with horribly skinned weapons as most of you saw with the new unlocks. I wouldn't waste my money on that crap. I would only get it if ea sent it to me for free. Plus, there should be a couple mods which are free that will be way better than the crappy booster packs. The desert conflict mod for example will have more than 4 vehicles, more than 3 maps and more than 1 army with 7+ guns and it'll be free. Bf2 mods will be so much better and be free than those crappy $10 booster packs

Comment

I know very well the difference betwen cents and sense, as well as the simple math of how they get their cph calculation. What I'm saying is how can you even compare sitting there in a computer chair watching pixels on a screen as compared to doing something that can offer you something from all 5 senses, instead of 2 at best? Comparisons to other forms of entertainment are almost always included or implied with this arguement, and it's rather silly.
            Obviously you don't lick your screen enough.

Guilt got the better of me and I felt compelled to contribute to this thread in a more meaningful way so

The big difference in the Euro Force booster that really makes it a better option than Special Forces is - the maps integrate with BF2 maps in the server rotation. Its also only 10 bucks you can't really go wrong.

Comment

i also thought that sf wasnt as good as i thought it would be it seemed that we only spent the money for the new weapons, but euro force looks good and hey its only £6

Comment

id rather get a full expansion than a booster pack..but hey..only $10?

Comment

Originally posted by Frogatron
                  Not me, I think that EA should release this free of charge for once as a big thank you to all the players that have hung in there through the other flawed patching excercises! There are some serious contenders on the market for my time and money and EA/Dice could share a little goodwill with the players for forking out in the first place and having an awful lot of patience with previous botched releases!
                  I could not agree more. I thought SF was and still is awesome. However, with the changes involved in the last patch the game is basically unplayable. The claymore/mine spamming is completely ridiculous. Along with the accuracy of the AA on those maps. It is a shame about the inability to integrate Sf and BF2 into a single playable game. I thought it was going to be complete garbage and a friend convinced me to get it. I did and I enjoyed it, but SF + 1.2 patch = Sh!t
                  Im not buying the boosters, EA should say..."We know we f*cked up, a,lot from day 1, so as a thanks to the loyal players here ya go, more maps, weapons and real fixes". That would restore my faith in the company. EA should stick to making sports games, that is what they do best. Dice would ahve been better off going through Activision or UBIsoft instead of EA. This has been one huge disaster/disappointment after another....

Comment

I dont mind payin gthe $10. And if EA messes up 1.21, ill just wait out the storm for 1.22.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogatron
                      Not me, I think that EA should release this free of charge for once as a big thank you to all the players that have hung in there through the other flawed patching excercises! There are some serious contenders on the market for my time and money and EA/Dice could share a little goodwill with the players for forking out in the first place and having an awful lot of patience with previous botched releases!
                      My thoughts exactly. Patch 1.2 was a make or break for me in regards to me buying anymore content. They broke 1.2 with so many more bugs, super AA, super PKM, 2 maps in SF keep crashing because when the vehicle mounted TOW is fired etc etc SF I couldn't fly the helis, which I love to do, but because of severe lag when I hopped into the pilot's seat it was unflyable.

They should be providing this content for free in the form of a patch like they did for BFV's 1.2 patch. In fact I find it insulting that the Xbox version gets this for free even advertised by EA as $9.95 worth of booster pack for free yet the PC version needs to pay for their Fvck ups! It would have been a good PR exercise and a chance to regain some faith and give a big thank you out to the community for supporting them with providing extra free content.

They have not only shown they are incapable of fixing certain bugs like the red/blue tag bug yet they introduce 50+ more bugs in this latest 1.2 patch. That is unaceptable and they don't deserve anymore money from this community!

Comment

I am not buying anymore of EA'S garbage .

The modding community is going to be releasing all the major MODS with the release of the first booster pack ...........and the mods will have more content vehicles , maps , and WAY LESS BUGS !

At release of the booster packs look for

P.O.E.
                        O.P.K.
                        U.S.I.

Comment

MY PREDICTION= EURO FORCE = Not a best seller

Comment

Moved.

Comment

Euro Force is ABSOLUTELY worth $10. I have it and I would gladly buy armoured fury when it comes out if it is anywhere near this one. The maps are great. Some vanilla bf2 maps (such as oilfields) suck if you can't get an aircraft. The EF maps have something for everyone.

Comment

Cheap in more ways than one. The cost per hour analogy is simply silly since Battlefield can't offer you something to all 5 of your sense. You get sight and sound at best. Of course, sound is almost out now since EA decided it'd be a good idea to b0rk the sounds in patch 1.2

As compared to what?

Do you have some magical games that use all 5 of your sences?

Or does your TV or Radio spank you for being a naughty boy?

Does the cinema you go to have it so that if somebody on screen farts, the whole place gets a whiff.

Give me a freaking break.

Unless of course you dont think games,books,tv,movies,music can be listed as entertainment....... then i just have to shake my head in disbelief at your stupidity.

(actualy, your entire point isnt only wrong but its horribly ironic, considering games are interactive and would qualify for more than just sight and sound, unless of course you just sit and watch somebody else playing)

Comment

Working...
                                X