Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is "NOOB" the new "N" Word?

Enemy noob spotted?

Meh so what if so many people say noob its like many other words its lost its meaning, its convenient short and covers a lot.

Comment

newb = new player, inexperienced, willing to learn.
      noob = asshat, takes pleasure in griefing others.

Comment

Actually since when would being new to a game would carry negative connotations? Maybe those who think themselves as "1337", whether experienced players or not, believe that inexperienced players are of a fundamentally lower value than they are.

But elitism in a -game-? And taking it really seriously? Hell, I tell those people: get out in the real world! Get real! If your only measure of value is your ability to play well, or just your knowledge of exploits in a game to get lots of points, in 20 years from now, at 30 years old, when you have to make a life in real world society, you'll constantly be looked at as a "n00b".

And remember, those games have short lifespans. A couple of years. Sounds really big to you because it's half of your life, but that won't take you really far off your computer.

Actually sometimes it's not even a pathetic false sense of superiority. You see inexperienced players calling others n00b as a form of insult. Either those don't know what the word means and think it's a general kind of insult, and use it to sound experienced, or they really believe that because they got lucky with the n00b t00b for one shot, they're really damn good.

Comment

I think the meaning has reversed completely. If someone calls you a noob, it's because you're more skilled than them in some area and it ****es them off.

Comment

ggkthxnoob

Comment

lets think up another word we can use to replace n00b and then we all spread it! then we can use it on bf2 and then it can get overused...
              any ideas?

Comment

how about instead of noobs, we call them sausage fanatics?

Comment

How about "kn00b"

Comment

I like to be a little more creative in my slander...

"Wall banging, sloped browed, cheese pounding, shaved monkey dweeb", for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Dokukaze
                      This announcement is 5 years overdue.

lawl its very true, and u mostly see peeps saying n00bs that probably know what they are doing or, they are just kids who just use random words they don't even know to make themselves look cool

Comment

n00b is a quick expression of frustration for me, in game wise. It isnt supposed to be witty, humorous, at least not anymore. n00b is as regular as "idiot".

Comment

All of you are n-words!

Comment

man i hate these forums, so many old geezers lol. Its a common internet word and its not gonna change.

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                            n00b is as regular as "idiot".
                            qft.

Comment

Originally posted by LBC|Jester
                              n00b calling is an excellent case of all these CS players making their way into BF2.

nuff' said.
                              Where do you get your info from? You are very wrong. I played hardcore CS before moving on to BF2, but I never use the term "noob" ingame. You just want something to whine about every time you get killed while on foot

Comment

sometimes when I see friend online I say "hey noob ! "
                                not meant as an insult..just a friendly teasing or whatever

Comment

Working...
                                X