Is "NOOB" the new "N" Word?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is "NOOB" the new "N" Word?

Every second word on all the forums I read is "NOOB". At first it was a funny insult, the likes of "smacktard" and "dicknose", but now it has just become a filler, in the absence of a good zinger that would otherwise have a chance.

I motion that we lay this insult to rest, and move on to something "fresh" It has served us well, but it's time we put it's picture on "Poncho's Wall", down a shot, and say "So long chum"

So please let it go...

Re: Is "NOOB" the new "N" Word?

i agree it is overused now but some people really deserve the term

it's easier than saying you c4 suiciding no skill idiot .........

Comment

It is so overused that it has no meaning anymore...yet people are still trying to use it as some kind of insult.

Comment

This announcement is 5 years overdue.

Comment

A noob by any other name is still.... wait, Shakspere didn't go that route, never mind. But what is the meaning of noob? What is it's purpose and origin? Perhaps if we reflect and repent we can drive this scourge from our vocabulary. We can always hope...

Comment

you're all n00bs

Comment

The sad thing is people use it like this

"this thread is a n00b"

"Well im sorry your a n00b im going to TK you" *cough* Nexar

"haha n00b got killed by my n00btube ahaaha"

stuff like that

Comment

Calling someone a Noob as an insult really shows your intelligence and maturity level. Do you actually think calling me a noob hurts my feelings? I think not. :|:

Comment

Originally posted by MirageAK47
                  Calling someone a Noob as an insult really shows your intelligence and maturity level. Do you actually think calling me a noob hurts my feelings? I think not. :|:
                  N00B!!!!!!!

Edit- yea you are right

Comment

n00b calling is an excellent case of all these CS players making their way into BF2.

nuff' said.

Comment

After some reflection I have concluded that it's all a matter of semantics; especially if one considers the source and the target in determining the value of such a word. If I were called a chair I'm quite certian that I won't sprout upholstery.

But seriously, being a n00b contains the suppositions as follows:
                      • You are New
                      • You are unaware of the rules
                      • Because you don't know the rules or the game, you are stupid
                      • You should be ashamed of being new
                      • I am better than you because I am not new
                      • Everyone who is new is doomed to failure

Now I'll go back to my new chair...

Comment

Ohh everyone is soo mature... I love how everyone gets on their high horse because they would never dream of typing in 1337 text because its soooo immature... Gag me with a spoon. I don't type in that text because I don't want to. Likewise, I call people n00bs if I think they are acting like "newbies" (That is what it is short for ya know).

The only problem with the word is its meaning seems to have been lost by many people.

"Now its, ahhh dude you're such a n00b because you owned me."
                        "Pff whatever n00b, you got lucky."

Half the time, the people that call you a n00b have about 10hrs playing the game. :laugh:

Comment

The word "noob", "n00b", and, to a lesser extent, "newb" makes you look like a complete dumbass and makes you look like you have the mental maturity of a 14-year-old. Now, if you're actually 14 years old, I apologize. Just call someone a newbie. Not only is it a real word, you also don't have to use numbers to spell it.

Using it ironically in the form of "nub", or "nublet", is acceptable and makes you look totally ironic and cool.

Comment

I've tought about suggesting that all forms of "noob" be added to the local word filter list.

Hehe, half the posts 'round here would suddenly become nothing more than strings of **** intermixed with a few conjuntions and nouns.

Comment

Originally posted by MooneyBravo
                              It is so overused that it has no meaning anymore...yet people are still trying to use it as some kind of insult.
                              I agree, it has been used so much that even now it is no longer used in the right context. Im personally just as tired of it as you are .

Comment

Working...
                              X