OMG The L96A1 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OMG The L96A1 !!!

Once more it is not the same as the M24 the M24 does 95% body shot damage the L96 says it does 95%, but it really only does like 60%. Is a bit easier to get headshots wich will only need one then. I preffer the M24, unless i am not playing USMC then i will use the L96(wich i dont have yet).

Comment

Originally posted by StealthyPanther
      You need Special Forces. The L96A1 and P90 where given to SF owners because the expansion didn't include new weapons for the sniper and AT kit when it first came out.
      My friend who doesn't have the SF expansion can unlock every SF unlock.

Comment

Regardless, I love the L96.

Gucci sights, sleek looks, sexy sound, heashots...love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickenhawk
          So the fact that I enjoy SF makes me a sucker does it? Where do you get off with slagging off other people just cause they don't like the same stuff that you do?
          SF wasnt a pile of sh*t, it's not as good as many hoped but there are about 3-4 maps that are brilliant and the weapons make for a better game as well.

And yes they arent important but I would have thought that during one of your many matches to get that score you would have stabbed 7 people at least once in a game.
          woooooo 3-4 maps..Now that worth spending money you could have spent on your social life.well done

Comment

Originally posted by papi4baby
            Once more it is not the same as the M24 the M24 does 95% body shot damage the L96 says it does 95%, but it really only does like 60%. Is a bit easier to get headshots wich will only need one then. I preffer the M24, unless i am not playing USMC then i will use the L96(wich i dont have yet).
            Um. I think you're shooting armored targets in the chest, that's why you're only coming up with 60% damage.

Even the M24 only does 60% damage if you clock a Anti-Tank/Support/Assault player in the chest. Versus Spec-Ops/Medic/Sniper/Engineer both guns do 95% damage.

...I think the M95 of the only weapon that completely ignores body armor.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Originally posted by shooterz
              dude its legal
              yeah but in a way its an exploit. either way it was a huge oversight on the part of EA.

SF is a decent investment in its own right - the new maps, weapons and vehicles are nice.
              now if only i could unlock the RPG-7 in vanilla BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal317
                You don't have to buy it

Some people know what I'm talkin bout.
                Just ask someone that has SF to log in to your account on the machine SF are installed on and play one full round. You will get unlocks next time you log in on your own comp. And I don't think its in any way illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
                  Um. I think you're shooting armored targets in the chest, that's why you're only coming up with 60% damage.

Even the M24 only does 60% damage if you clock a Anti-Tank/Support/Assault player in the chest. Versus Spec-Ops/Medic/Sniper/Engineer both guns do 95% damage.

{WP}Paas
                  Thanks for the info. I was using the L96 the other day when I shot someone in the chest and then pulled out my pistol. But it took like 3 shots from the pistol to take them down. Now I know why.

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas

{WP}Paas
                    on any map that doesnt have extremely long ranges, and even on some that do, i still prefer the M95. the fact that it does 95% damage to all targets is an advantage. sure you can say that 'either way it will take 2 shots to kill them, and a headshot with either rifle will kill' - but that makes the erroneoous assumption that everyone in BF2 is running around with 100% health - which is hardly ever the case.
                    if you even stub your toe in the BF2 world you are going to lose 2-3 bars of health, and that makes most people - even armored assault/at/support - 1-shot kills. with the improved M95 accuracy (it is now as accurare as the M24) i use it more often than ever. its nearly impossible to run around the BF2 world and not lose a few bars here and there - if you even run down a flight of stairs you will take a couple of bars of damage. on urban maps everyone is constantly exposed to splash damage from spawncamping LAV-whores, grenade spammers, etc.

at extremely long ranges the m95 is marginally less accurate, but suffers less from bullet drop (or so it seems) than its counterparts. the other day on dragon valley i was sniping people on the USMC carrier who were waiting for the heli from Vista point (or whatever its callled) with it. thats accurate enough for me.

Comment

m95 still doesn't compare to m24 for accuracy, at least not under the conditions i normally experience.

If i put the crosshairs on somebody's head at short-medium range, or just above their head at long range, I get a headshot with the m24, pretty much every time. The m95? Spray and pray. I can sit unmoving for 30 seconds and then fire at any range, and still have a complete miss.

If I could have the m24 in any army, I wouldn't have unlocked the other two rifles.

Comment

The M95 post 1.2 patch has the same accuracy as the M24 pre 1.2 patch. The M24 and L96A1 are now twice as accurate as the M95 but most of the extra accuracy is redundant.

Comment

Why peeps keep saying the M24 has the same accuracy as the L96 I dont understand.

I haven't tried the M24 since the patch so can't compare, but, the L96 feels like the eng rifle in 1942, accurate as you like & lovin it

Comment

I don't have SF, but I own the L96A1... :P

and many more...

Comment

Originally posted by old sch00l
                              Why peeps keep saying the M24 has the same accuracy as the L96 I dont understand.

I haven't tried the M24 since the patch so can't compare, but, the L96 feels like the eng rifle in 1942, accurate as you like & lovin it
                              They are coded the same in accuracy and dmg thats why.

Comment

Lol I Snip Sometimes Too Lol J K

Comment

Working...
                                X