PKM overpowered in Vanilla?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PKM overpowered in Vanilla?

Before people whine about it go buy one and try it. Laying down those things are accurate. Its not overpowered, it was just underpowered before, look at my stats I nerver play support and I thought they needed more accuracy.

Comment

I am a crappy player but I do well with PKM so I know it is overpowered!

They made it absurdly accurate. The sniper rifles are ridiculously accurate now too, yes I know a sniper should be accurate, but they overdid it...

Anyway rather than complain I just play snipers and support now...

Comment

Not really, they finally fixed the support class, before you could get killed by a pistol at medium ranges without even hitting the guy. Plus, theres no more dolphin diving/insta-prone, which balances the game out for support.

Comment

I reserved my opinion for a couple of days to really try out the LMGs and make sure I know what I'm talking about, the PKM is ****ing ridiculous! You can take snipers out with it and it hits dead center on single shots....better than even a G3 or some other assault rifles. The gun is way overpowered and there's not even a reason to use any of the other LMGs when you get the hang of the PKMs new accuracy, support shouldn't be this accuracte at all. With the other LMGs you can fight a sniper head-on and just before you need to put that last bullet in him he'll have fired his second shot or third shot if he's using the SVD and you'll die which to me seems the way it should be at these long range engagements. Snipers should be LMGs worst enemy on foot but with the PKM it's like OH LOOK LIGHT BODY ARMOR and you put three shots on him and he's down. Wtf. Does the PKM really have min deviation 0.1? The developers couldn't have been that stupid.

Comment

Yes, both the PKM and MG36 have a ridiculous deviation of 0.1. The unlocks are supposed to be balanced variants of the vanilla guns; however, the PKM is now so much better than the other support weapons that there's no point in using the other guns.

Comment

Originally posted by HABO3
              I reserved my opinion for a couple of days to really try out the LMGs and make sure I know what I'm talking about, the PKM is ****ing ridiculous! You can take snipers out with it and it hits dead center on single shots....better than even a G3 or some other assault rifles. The gun is way overpowered and there's not even a reason to use any of the other LMGs when you get the hang of the PKMs new accuracy, support shouldn't be this accuracte at all. With the other LMGs you can fight a sniper head-on and just before you need to put that last bullet in him he'll have fired his second shot or third shot if he's using the SVD and you'll die which to me seems the way it should be at these long range engagements. Snipers should be LMGs worst enemy on foot but with the PKM it's like OH LOOK LIGHT BODY ARMOR and you put three shots on him and he's down. Wtf. Does the PKM really have min deviation 0.1? The developers couldn't have been that stupid.
              Snipers can take out PKM users very easily. YOu need to go back and practice...

Comment

Did you say singleplayer?

GOODBYE!

PKM is now so much better than the other support weapons that there's no point in using the other guns.
                I disagree, I get top of the round plenty a time with the mg36.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                  When you play on a 64 player Mashtuur map and 16 of your 32 man team are using PKM's doesn't that tell you something?
                  Almost everyone was using it in a game I just left

Comment

Originally posted by Cornbread Mafia
                    Snipers can take out PKM users very easily. YOu need to go back and practice...
                    go back and practice what? dying? I said that I could kill snipers from a distance with my PKM not the other way around. I was doing this round after round after round btw I didn't just happen to play one round with a bunch of noobs who couldn't aim and go off to post about my dominating performance, I was putting down high ranking guys and privates all the same over the last week.

I disagree, I get top of the round plenty a time with the mg36.
                    I didn't say the rest of the LMGs were weak they're all really good now and of course you can get first place if you play smart and all that but the PKMs power and accuracy isn't fairly balanced. Oh well.

Comment

The PKM definetly=overpowered. The MG36 now is deficient in accuracy AND power to the PKM. THey shoulda made the MG36 a BIT more accurate than the PKM (like have a max dev cone of 2.5 like the PKM). Cause the PKM already pwns in firepower. Right now, i havn't played BF2 except for in one round, where like half the guys on each team in a 32p karkand server toted PKMs. Kinda annoying, the G3 is the only other god weapon now, that thing is now great at long range, and at CQC.

Comment

Originally posted by HABO3
                        go back and practice what? dying? I said that I could kill snipers from a distance with my PKM not the other way around. I was doing this round after round after round btw I didn't just happen to play one round with a bunch of noobs who couldn't aim and go off to post about my dominating performance, I was putting down high ranking guys and privates all the same over the last week.

I didn't say the rest of the LMGs were weak they're all really good now and of course you can get first place if you play smart and all that but the PKMs power and accuracy isn't fairly balanced. Oh well.

Yeah, and i said snipers could kill PKM users easier.. There is no reason why a PKM user should not have a chance to kill a sniper at long range.. Usually they are both prone, and they both fire the 7.62 round, which is a single shot kill to the head.. And being in the prone position means that the head is the biggest target when facing your opponent head on....

Comment

Originally posted by Cornbread Mafia
                          Yeah, and i said snipers could kill PKM users easier.. There is no reason why a PKM user should not have a chance to kill a sniper at long range.. Usually they are both prone, and they both fire the 7.62 round, which is a single shot kill to the head.. And being in the prone position means that the head is the biggest target when facing your opponent head on....
                          Then again, a sniper in RL has a 10x scope (in game 5x scope), the PKM has a zoom for iironsights of 1.67x, in other words, the sniper would kill a MMGunner before he even saw the sniper. A DM (Designated Marksman, the guys that use the M-14DMR and the SVD and other semi-auto sniper rifles) on the other hand, is questionable.

Comment

Working...
                          X