PKM overpowered in Vanilla?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PKM overpowered in Vanilla?

dang I wish I had saved a screenshot of my latest SP round, playing as support with the PKM at Karkand...I just capture the 1st MEC post on the 16-player map and take up defensive positions with my PKM proned above the steps.

damn I must of taken out AT LEAST 100 MEC Soldiers in 10 minutes on that round...alternating between the OKC-3S Ka-Bar Knife, the Beretta 92FS Inox, and the PKM LMG, no one ever got to the top step! I was commander in the round because I always am in SP so I told them to mine and set demolitions near the CP, every vehicle that was trying to head for the CP was raped, and the MEC soldiers were dead before they knew what hit 'em

I say the PKM is over powered, I mean come on! 3 shot kills, medium accuracy, 100 Round Clips, plus the Support also has 4 M67 Frags, 3 Ammo Puches, 1 Beretta 92FS Inox, that also mowed down at least 20 MEC idiots in addition to the 100 from the PKM, the OKC-3S which easily took out 5 at least on top of the 120 I already had....I mean jee wiz come on, I am a team player even with AI Bots and I pretty much raped the other side and won on my own with the Prolific Kill Monster

Re: PKM overpowered in Vanilla?

Since 1.2 I have played Karkand 4 times (Anyone on SoB will vouch for this) I have scored:

With K/Ds like 50:10, 47:13, etc I haven't had a round below 100, the PKM might be overpowered, but it sure is letting me rack up the points. I can't wait to see my acc. on the support gun jump way up on my ubar stats.

Comment

No offense I stopped reading the moment you mentioned singleplayer. And I reackon most will too.

Singleplayer is an "extremely" poor test to measure weapon efficiency. What difficulty were the bots on btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Lugal317
        Since 1.2 I have played Karkand 4 times (Anyone on SoB will vouch for this) I have scored:

With K/Ds like 50:10, 47:13, etc I haven't had a round below 100, the PKM might be overpowered, but it sure is letting me rack up the points. I can't wait to see my acc. on the support gun jump way up on my ubar stats.
        It's a weapon that should be respected. I mean, it's the "ONLY" medium MG that's carryable in the game. I imagine the results would be the same if they gave the U.S. the M240 B or G.

Best advice I can give to people is to "Run Away". Don't try to fight the weapon until you get a tactical advantage...

...or, keep feeding this guys K/D ratio. Either way. I won't be a victim of it.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Try and run but you can't get away... oh ya, I just checked my screenshot from last night... I was 50 and 5 on a full 64 Karkand.

People will learn to find a way around a support player going prone, but for now there's nothing like coming around a corner, going prone and mowing 3 guys down in half a second.

Comment

Rofl i went 2 rounds just now. on karkand with the MG36 i went 34-14 77 points and on wake island 45-14 and 90 points. I love the MG36 now its my new main stay weapon. i was killing snipers from a good distance with ease.

Comment

Try and run but you can't get away... oh ya, I just checked my screenshot from last night... I was 50 and 5 on a full 64 Karkand.

People will learn to find a way around a support player going prone, but for now there's nothing like coming around a corner, going prone and mowing 3 guys down in half a second.

It's ok. I mainly play support, and like the HK a little better. When someone gets into your face a little it makes it hard to win. An engineer or medic will alway come out on top.

Comment

It works.

I see you, you try to dive to prone, I'm already around the corner. I don't come back either. Once I get away from a support gunner I'm onto somthing new. Hopefully someone will catch him with an M203.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Originally posted by HypnosisFX
                  Rofl i went 2 rounds just now. on karkand with the MG36 i went 34-14 77 points and on wake island 45-14 and 90 points. I love the MG36 now its my new main stay weapon. i was killing snipers from a good distance with ease.
                  Holy Hell in a Handbag, with that computer you are owning in luxury. Thats like driving an AMG S55 for a drive by.

Comment

The support unlocks are divine now. Nothing like lying down and unleashing tons of lead - now also with accuracy!

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
                      It works.

I see you, you try to dive to prone, I'm already around the corner. I don't come back either. Once I get away from a support gunner I'm onto somthing new. Hopefully someone will catch him with an M203.

{WP}Paas
                      I wish I had that kind of discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by i made you
                        I wish I had that kind of discipline.
                        Eh. I know I'm not going to get him from a distance with my G3a3 if he's looking dead at me. So... It's more " I don't wanna' die! " than discipline.

{WP}Paas

Comment

If a support gets some lead in me, I always try and repay him back.

Comment

Originally posted by Xurreal
                            No offense I stopped reading the moment you mentioned singleplayer. And I reackon most will too.

Singleplayer is an "extremely" poor test to measure weapon efficiency. What difficulty were the bots on btw?

Expert, plus I used a mod where there is like 20 of them and 6 of my team

Comment

you play expert you can hold your ground on bf2 i say... so freakin easy after a while tough...

Comment

Working...
                              X