Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mini-Image Tutorial

Okay, thanks for the help everybody!
    (Still haven't gotten it to work but when/if I do I will post back here with what I did.)

Comment

BF2 mini-cd should be 2.9megs in size. That is all you need to minic Disc 1. That includes the index, a few complete files and a whole bunch of empty files that are there in name and size only.

Now 2142-DVD mini is a whole nuther bag of worms. The smallest image I have so far is 189megs......glum.

Winter

Comment

what the hell am i doing wrong here? i made my size 3.1MB, mounted it, and it isn't working! please, someone attempt to remedy this situation. is it that i'm making an image file of the first disc - which is a CD, i'm using all the latest versions of both alcohol 120% and daemontools! i need some friggin' help!

EDIT: does the size (2.9 megs) need to be the size for the MDS or MDF or combined? because if it's the combined. something is DEFINITELY wrong. but if it's either the MDS or MDF (whichever one is naturally bigger) then i'm doing it wrong, i guess?

Comment

About 3.0mg is the size of the MDF file. The MDS should only be a few "kb" big. If thats not working, make a full image of the disk and use that.

Comment

making a full image of the disc would take roughly how long? i'm just curious... because it doesn't seem logical to make a 677MB size .iso of a disc just so i can play it without the disc. if it worked for everyone else, why isn't it working for me?

Comment

Dunno. I make a full size copy so that the CD does not get scratched in day to day use. But then again i have 720gb of hard disk space so its no biggie for me!

Comment

I'm having a problem with the mini-image from gamecopyworld.com, I have hte latest daemon but when I mount the image and click my icon the game doesnt load, it shows the splash screen and flicks to the black one then back to my desktop? Is there anyway to fix this? I don't have CD1 anymore thanks to an ex-friend but I want to play.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHerper View Post
                  I'm having a problem with the mini-image from gamecopyworld.com, I have hte latest daemon
                  Unless you need the latest one for another game, try using the older Daemon Tools version 3.47. That's what I've been using the last two years. Also make sure if you have the CD version of BF2 that you download a CD image and not a DVD image; they may not be interchangeable.

Comment

thank you i read this post and now mounted the mine image works fine using deamon tools 4.12.2

akawho07

Comment

• Re: Mini-Image Tutorial

I copied the image with Alcohol 120% about 2 megs in size. I try to mount it using Dameon 3.47 and it says file not accessible everytime. I turn on the safe disk emulation and it still doesn't work. Any ideas.

Comment

does this still work? and play multi-player and LAN??

Comment

Originally posted by shiftydood View Post
                          does this still work? and play multi-player and LAN??
                          Yes, yes it does.

Comment

does this work with BF2142?

Comment

It should. works with pretty much any game that requires the cd to be in the drive.

I've used it on BF1942, BFV, BF2, RVS, Doom3, and a couple others
                              "Crunch's First Officer"
                              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

I've got it to work with 2142, but had to copy the whole dvd. I have the original dvd tho, not the deluxe version which has securom protection.
                                I have to mount the image after every reboot, but still easier than messing with discs and there is probably an addon which will mount the image automatically, cba to look for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X