Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about the things to come in the new patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you feel about the things to come in the new patch?

Originally posted by LoganX
    You're just angry that you can't exploit the system and get easy kills.
    The developers never meant for you to throw C4 and detonate it immediately and now they are fixing it.

You beat me to it.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa
      all this new content would be wonderful if it didnt cost $10...

BF2 $50
      SF $30
      boost 1 $10
      boost 2 $10

=

$100

Cell phone service for Sep $50
      Cell phone service for Oct $50
      Cell phone service for Nov $50
      Cell phone service for Dec $50

etc.

Would you feel better if the game was sold as a service instead of a product?

Would you feel different if this game was a large unit that you see at the arcades? Let's play with this idea...you buy one of those big hardware arcade things and haul that thing into your living room. And there it will sit for all time providing endless hours of fun. And you're done paying.

But don't think for a minute you're gonna be able to call up the company and have them send a tech to your house to update your machine with new functionality for free.

Hell, I can't even order cable tv without "one time installation charges", etc. How about those infamous "processing fees" when you join a gym. They charge $79 just to TAKE my application and enroll me.

Sorry chief...$10 is about 1/3 tank of gasoline. It's about the cost of lunch at work. It's two packs of smokes or two drinks at a nightclub. Any of those is gone in a day. This will last months (or years if I chose to not go further and purshase additional add ons from them).

Comment

where did you get this list of changes ?? some changes listed I haver never heared off.

But the nade launcher finaly gets fixed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

many other points are great , some of the points I don't like as much.

BUT WHERE THE HELL IS THE WRONG TAGGING BUG FIX ????

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse
          Any easy fix to the grenade launchers and C4 would have been give them a more realistic blast radius. If the person using said tactic actually suffered, when by all means they should when being that close to such a weapon, that would be a deterant to all but the people who's goal is to damage their own team (or get kicked with a minus score). Dolphin diving, from the way it sounds, now eliminates the ability to quickly leap over a barrier and take cover as quickly as possible. Way to go on taking our options away. What's next, make sure everyone has to be standing up at all times, and no jumping?
          Haven't you been reading & comprehending?
          They are NOT taking away the ability to dive for cover. You just can't "Go prone" a bazzillion times in a row.
          CMON people, read at least some of the thread before posting.

The GL fix is perfect. It's still usable but not for CQ Combat.

Comment

Good analogy, but a better one would be:

Everquest/Star Wars Galaxies $X cost of game
            $X cost of expantion packs
            And here is the kicker $10-$15 reoccurring MONTHLY fee

So for all those complaining about a one time charge for added content, be happy that we can play this game online for FREE!

As far as the new patch, I cannot wait. I love every thing they have on there. The only thing I wish they would do is get rid of the unlock feature for the weapons. I think that this is a terrible idea from the begining. The only thing that making upgraded weapons only avaliable by having X amount of points is promote stat padding and induvidual play in a game that was ment to be team based.

It's also f'd up that we all paid the same money for this game but those that do not have hundreds of hours to devote to playing the game will never be able to use some of the weapons you paid for on "Ranked" servers. There is already enough to shoot for if you are goal orientated with all the badges, medals, and ribbons that you don't need to make most of the good weapons only available to the "uber" players who have over 1000+ hrs of play time. As it stands, your average player will never be able to use all of the same weapons that we all paid for.

Comment

Finally, maybe I can go into a map like Warlord now and not seen 56 out of 64 players with a noob toob playing hopscotch down the road or pounding concrete like its going out of style...

Comment

Nearly totally agreed with wargimp, but going to write it all cause i have time to burn.
                • Helicopter now carry 8 missiles rather than 14
                  Less missile spamming is good imo, though nearly half is a bit extreme, better than nothing.
                • TV-Guided missile now have a shorter range
                  Supposed to fix an annoying exploit, hope it does.
                • Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
                  Can't see how this solves much, since jets can still evade anything, this would mostly hurt the transport chopper i guess.
                • AA missile lock has been improved
                  So what ?? that's only half the problem, the damn thing can't track jets.
                • Support kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
                  Support kits primary weapon should have been able to be mounted, it'll never be balanced because of this fact.
                • Sniper kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
                  At least they didn't increase their damage.
                • Anti-Tank kits have had their primary weapons adjusted for accuracy
                  Who cares about the AT primary guns, what about fixing the rockets ?
                • "Dolphin Diving" is no longer possible
                  Good, was annoying to see people dodge with that.
                • Players can no longer jump and shoot at the same time
                  Good, but doesn't fix defensive BH.
                • "Prone Spamming" is now fixed
                  huh ?
                • "Sprint exploit" is now fixed
                  huh ?
                • The Sa80 weapon has been improved
                  Good.
                • The G3A3 weapon has been improved
                  Good.
                • Reload while sprinting has been enabled
                  Sure why not.
                • USMC APCs can no longer shoot through penetrable materials
                  Good.
                • Damage decreased for the M134
                  Huh ? why not increase the other transport guns instead ?? if there is more than 1 person in a vehicle (*cough* teamwork *cough*) it means it should sucks ?
                • Medic defibrillator paddles have been adjusted. They now reload while not in use.
                  Good.
                • Server search filters now work properly
                  Don't care, but guess it's good.
                • All mines (Claymore, Anti-vehicle, C4) can now be picked up by the same class that dropped it by using the “G” key.
                • Mines can no longer be destroyed with other explosives
                  If specop could pick misplaced his c4 back and reuse them, that's great.
                • Flash bang effect radius decreased
                  Why not decrease them from 4 to 1/2 (and increase smoke nades to 2) instead ?
                • Added unlocks for Sniper and AT kits
                  Don't care, but the snipers/AT deserved unlocks like the rest of us.
                • Fixed a bug in terrain rendering with night vision, whereby terrain was still dark in dark areas.
                  I never liked night maps with night vision really, don't care.
                • Fixed a bug whereby mods that are not bf2 or not xpack permutate shaders every time a level is loaded.
                  Good news for mods, that's the white texture bug i presume.
                • Fixed a bug whereby non-xpack mods cannot use xpack shaders.
                • Fixed bug in TV guided missiles of Havoc helicopter
                  which bug ?
                • Bug in MP7 fire rate fixed. Ammo count increased and mag count and damage decreased
                  someone said dice hates engineers because they're paid more than programmers. :lol:
                • Vehicles no longer disappear when viewed from some vehicles with a HUD (e.g. Tanks).
                  Dunno that.
                • Performance gain found in static mesh rendering.
                  Every patch in the world has to mention "performance gains", it's a trend, if it was meaningful they would boast a lot more about it.
                • Detonation radius from grenade launcher explosions has been reduced.
                  Why would people use the GL, no wait why use the assault kit - for the rifle ? pffft.
                • Grenade launcher projectiles now have a minimum time before arming.Good, That also means assault kit will move with the rifle, and pull the GL when needed, too bad the screwed the radius.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartberg
                  # Hit points on all air vehicles has been reduced
                  Can't see how this solves much, since jets can still evade anything, this would mostly hurt the transport chopper i guess.
                  # AA missile lock has been improved
                  So what ?? that's only half the problem, the damn thing can't track jets.
                  OK..Let me walk you through this.
                  With reduced hit points, the AA guns will now be more effective.
                  The fact that an FAV could down an attack chopper faster than a Shilka was VERY annoying and stupid. Plus the guns were almost useless against Jets.
                  This will also mean that a hit with an AA missile will cause more damage. (Unless they adjust it.). That's OK by me too (And I'm a chopper Pilot). I'll just have to be more careful. All this leads into th 2nd part....
                  Missile Lock= Missile Tracking. They will track better too. Poor choise of words on their part.

Comment

I especially love the enability to pick up claymore and mines.

Comment

I think you guys forgot the best thing of the patch

-EXPANSION OF RANKS
                      -Ranks have now been expanded to allow for players to rank up to General

Source : http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com...changelist.gif

Comment

Working...
                      X