Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tips for Expert Knife badge

Originally posted by jpardo
    nice - i did not think of locking the squad for this one. good idea... newb question though: do ppl get ****ed when you lock? i do it so little since i thought it was frowned upon...
    It is frowned upon, don't do it. If I am commander and I see a one man locked squad, when they ask for supplies/UAV they get nothing, if they keep asking they get a big, blinking, red circle. You're taking away an alternative spawn point for five guys, and completely defeating the point of TEAMWORK, and remember kids, there's no I in team.

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
      and remember kids, there's no I in team.
      But there is a me

Yeah though, locked squads are pretty silly.

I got mine on karkand, 32 players. Just try to surround yourself with as many enemies as possible, and you'll get it soon enough.

Comment

shiremct is right, if ur TOO close the opponent u wont kill them, sometimes u do but not all the time. The big maps are pretty hard to get the badge in b/c they are to big, most of the time u get killed by a GL 30, shot, exploded, and so on, ur best bet would be to find a place were most snippers go and kill that person as often as he went to that location. From my expierience with the knife, i have to say playing to get the knife badges is ALOT more easier on Special Forces, there are more close quarter well evened out maps and the best for getting the badge is Warlord, which if ur on the British side, u spawn on the spot were u parachute into the area and move towards the TV station and knife most of the guys hanging out infront of the area and also get the snipers on the roof, 70% of the time they are never looking behind them when on top of the TV Station b/c they try to snip ppl from it, I got 9 kills there without dieing with my knife up there b/c there were 4 guys snipping, 1 medic, and 1 resupply, killed the medic first and got the rest right after, then amazingly ended up getting 3 of them when they tried to come up for me.

Another map that is easy to get it on on BF2 would be Sharqi Peninsula and going to the TV station in the back or getting snippers in the Construction Site.

Once again, try now for the badge as much as possible b/c after the patch its gona be really hard, GOOD LUCK, and the Expert Pistol is actually harder then the Knife one (at least for me it was)

Comment

Hes how i got 20 kills a few days ago, I play as usmc & at the start of the game i spawn 'See bad diagram' then i run around the enemy to flank them as 9/10 of mecs will spawn at the hotel & be facing forward & no one expects anything from behind. When you are behind you will see plenty of chances to kill without being seen, Keep doing it & it will become fun

Comment

I would say i get about one or two knife kills a round sometimes less and its mainly on just coming apon that loan sniper there so invloved with there long range killing that they dont notice me stabing them to death...But your tips seem sound and i think i will use them cuz i want the badge

Comment

I just played on Karkand & i was commander & knifed there commander 10 times in that round! He kept hiding in the same places lol, It ended in me getting my vet knife badge

Comment

Why dont u just not make a squad at all? if u dont want ur squad memebers to take ur kills, dont make a squad at all, ta hell u making it if u dont want them to be with u and ur planning to lock it? just so u can talk to the commander that most likely wont help u b/c ur one person. so just dont make one if ur having that issue with ur squad. easy as that

Comment

In the rare occasion that your team is using all its squads, i agree, dont make one, otherwise, go ahead, usually at least half the team is lone-wolfing it anyway.

Being in a squad allows you to call for supplies/arty/and most importantly UAV. Just because you are knifing does not mean you calling for a UAV is a waste. Unlike many of the guys here(from the sound of it), i dont sneak off looking for unsuspecting snipers to knife, i berzerker charge infantry and knife them in the face as they shoot at me in vain!! Its very fun, so usually I am right in the thick of the battle and when I call for a UAV, im not wasting it to find one or two guys sniping on a hill. But thats me. Being a squad leader also allows you to hear you commander. This is much more important than being able to talk to him (when knifing).

If you are knifing a sniper that keeps hiding in the same spot of in an obscure area, the commander most likely will not give you a UAV anyway... My tips relate to my style of knifing. YMMV.

*Bizzare also points out a great tip... commanders are notorious for hiding in the same spot even more than snipers. If you can find where they hide and get there, its an easy knife.

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-ER-
                    It is frowned upon, don't do it. If I am commander and I see a one man locked squad, when they ask for supplies/UAV they get nothing, if they keep asking they get a big, blinking, red circle. You're taking away an alternative spawn point for five guys, and completely defeating the point of TEAMWORK, and remember kids, there's no I in team.
                    I know this is off topic, but how did u make ur signature show ur bf2 stats?

Comment

shiremct, as always is right, and the best way to aquire the badge is by going berzerk on ur opponents, dont look for camping snippers, can u imagine looking for 18 of these guys? i thought u will in a single round, so the best thing to do is to charge into battle with nothing more then ur knife and ur medic pack everynow and then when u need to reheal, besides that, dont, and i mean DONT use anything ELSE but the KNIFE, AT ALL COST, and u will achive victory of having the knife badge. For me, the knife badge is and was WAY easier then the pistol badge, but i guess thats just me, and

Comment

shiremct, as always is right, and the best way to aquire the badge is by going berzerk on ur opponents, dont look for camping snippers, can u imagine looking for 18 of these guys? i thought u will in a single round, so the best thing to do is to charge into battle with nothing more then ur knife and ur medic pack everynow and then when u need to reheal, besides that, dont, and i mean DONT use anything ELSE but the KNIFE, AT ALL COST, and u will achive victory of having the knife badge. For me, the knife badge is and was WAY easier then the pistol badge, but i guess thats just me, and HURRY, the new patch is soon to come, no more

Comment

shiremct, as always is right, and the best way to aquire the badge is by going berzerk on ur opponents, dont look for camping snippers, can u imagine looking for 18 of these guys? i thought u will in a single round, so the best thing to do is to charge into battle with nothing more then ur knife and ur medic pack everynow and then when u need to reheal, besides that, dont, and i mean DONT use anything ELSE but the KNIFE, AT ALL COST, and u will achive victory of having the knife badge. For me, the knife badge is and was WAY easier then the pistol badge, but i guess thats just me, and HURRY, the new patch is soon to come, no more bunnyhopping and dolphin diving

Comment

You wouldn't guess...But the easiest way to get it: knife only server

Comment

I dont know... with the next patch, i imagine we will see a lot more soldiers prone on the ground shooting. If you play your cards right and can infiltrate behind their main line of vision... knifing could be easier than ever... well, knifing en masse anyway. Time will tell. Regardless, knifing after the patch will require more care.

Comment

Yes like above & like someone said when you do a few knife kills you get used to it & will get 1 or 2 every round, & in the rar occasion the enemy will actually pull out hes knife & fight fair which is cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X