Tips for Expert Knife badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for Expert Knife badge

Like most of you, I wanted this badge like a hobo wants his wisky. But its easier than you think. You need 100 previous knife kills first though, and of course your Basic, and Veteren badges, but these tips also work for that as well.

1. First and for most choose a class that will have u running longer then the rest (Spec Ops, Sniper, and Medic). Don't choose the other classes b/c you wont be able to run as much, you'll get worn out real quick. I perfer Medic b/c u can re-heal your self if you happend to get shot at.

2. Second, ALWAYS, and i mean ALWAY be running around with your knife. Don't bother taking your gun out or you may as well just not even try it. Bunny hop and Dolphine dive like a mad man ready to kill. And when your about to stab someone, run to them and dive-stab at them, this mostly always kills them instantly; dosn't matter if you hit there legs.

3. Third, play in an Urban level, such as Mashturr City, Strike at Karkand, and if u have SF I'd recommend Warlord and be the British and always Parachute towards the TV station and thats where the magic happends. In these urban areas, they wont really see you if you are sneaky enough.

4. Keep trying till you get it and always have your knife out no matter what, and side jump with diving when your getting shot at, and you'll be golden:evil: .

Good luck ,

Acentric

*UPDATE*

For those of u attempting to aquire the Expert Knive Badge by trying to bunnyhop and dolphin dive, FORGET IT... after the 1.2 patch that is, which seems to be being relesed Febuary 8th, along with the new booster which most of u probably already know of. This is a sweet patch if what it says is true. Though, making this badge really hard to aquire, try now or forever hold ur peace and practily forget about this badge. Good luck from now and try now or never.

Re: Tips for Expert Knife badge

You can run long with the engineer too. I would just recommend medic though, as you can heal yourself after an intense knife vs weapon fight.

Comment

if you have SF you could probably do it on karkand pretty easy by being assault, flashbanging people then running in and knifing them. or on a SF daylight map, be support, put your mask on and gas around you constantly and then knife poeple who cant see

Comment

bunnyhopping might be uberlame, but for this I make an exception :evil:

Comment

I got my knife badge on Karkand, with the MEC. Became a sniper, whenever I saw anyone I would run around (NOT BUNNYHOP), go prone and knife them. I noticed it's much hard to knife something if theres a fool running around you, constantly moving. Use the f2000 if you can.

Heh, I remeber the same day, we got up as far as the Left Arty Spawn and I managed to spawn kill with the knife.

Comment

I, as much as anyone else out there, hate the bunnyhopping, but to get this badge its most likely something u must do, if not, then try for ur self getting the badge without jumping around and ull see its not as easy as u think, which is obious. So just jump around till this badge is recieved, then u wont have to worry about trying to aquire it.

Comment

thx for the tips, I realy want the badge and i am way over 100 knife kills,
              First I want my distinguished service medal (going to be 2-3 day from now) then I will give the knife thing another go

Comment

hey..I have Basic Knife badge, and now I wanted the Veteran one, so I got over 51 kills overall...but no badge:|
                Do I have to get another (since I already got them for Basic one) 7 kills IAR or what?

Comment

Yep. It's pretty easy.

Comment

I would advise you to make a squad and lock it. If you are a squad leader, you can call for UAVs which are very important to getting the expert knifen badge, but lock your squad or people will join, spawn on you, and steal your kills with their guns, looking at you like you are stupid for running around with a knife out, and you will have to run around with just your knife out to get 18 kills in a round. It is not easy, trust me, and it will likely take more rounds to get it than most people would be willing to try for unless you get extremely lucky. Be prepared to take a hit to your K/D ratio too...

Best map is sharqi, hands down. Doesnt matter which side, as long as you are fighing in the alleyway/construction site/city entrance/suralience post... basically the middle of the map.

Comment

I am curretly trying to get the expert knife and expert explosive ordance..God they are hard.

Off topic: The expert repair badge is impossible to do..IMPOSSIBLE!

Comment

lol the expert knife badge is so easy, i thought it was hard at first too but just do as my steps say and ull have not much problems, just be a medic, run around with ur knife out all the time, an hop, dive, swerv, and do as many evading tactics as possible, then will u be able to aquire the badge with ease, and also when ur gona stab someone, dive-stab at there legs, id say around 90% of the time it will be a one hit kill. If u get hurt, just take ur medic pack out and re heal urself, also, throwing some packs on the floor behind u would be nice so u can just run back and re heal quick. Do this on Strike at Karakand or if u have Special Forces (which is WAY easier then on BF2) on the map Warlord, just do as i said before.

Comment

Originally posted by shiremct
                          I would advise you to make a squad and lock it.
                          nice - i did not think of locking the squad for this one. good idea... newb question though: do ppl get ****ed when you lock? i do it so little since i thought it was frowned upon...

Comment

I come to within about 4 kills before either the round ends, or the spawn points change to a major disadvantage to me getting any more knife kills.
                            And man, my K/D ratio is slowly going down.

Comment

If you are playing on a server that explicity says no locked squads or you just dont want to chance it, then make a custom squad and name it knifers or something... I have yet to have anyone join me when i make a squad under this name other than a friend who knifes with me sometimes. And if someone does join, you can always kick them if you find them to be stealing your kills. Its great fun to knife en masse however, but the more knifers you have of course, the less kills you are likely to get, but just for fun, knifing squads are awesome.

Karkand is a bad map choice IMO... to hectic and too susceptable to vehicles. Interestingly enough... I have found lately that Wake Island is excellent for knifing... for me at least... Ultimatly it will depend on you preference for map, just becasue karkand is close-quarters fighting though does not mean it is good for knifing.

Postal, if you are consistantly within around 4 kills, dont give up, all you need is a bit of luck one round and there you have it.

Another tip... a good connection to the server is a MUST. You will be jumping and spinning and diving and such and if your connection is not top notch to the server, you will have a tough time hitting anyone. Also remember you have to be accurate with the knife when you swing it so keep the crosshairs on the person's body. Don't aim for the head, one knife hit anywhere usually kills. Also remember that the knife does damage at the crosshairs a short time after you click the button (when the knife is extended). Lastly... I can't confirm it as my experience has varied, but I believe it is possible to be TOO close to properly knife someone. If you are going for the expert, you should have a feel for this, but if you don't, fire up SP and knife some bots to prevent getting up too close. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X