Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2gb of RAM, Oh My!

NO NO NO NO NO!!

My friend runs a 6800 Gt, 1 Gb ram, on high, no lag....(with a dual core processor...)

Comment

yeah thats what I thought, I also have a 6800

anyway,
      tahnks

Comment

Just finished my ULTIMATE rig...

Athlon XP 4400+
        2 Gigs of OCZ premium RAM...slots for 2 more, comin soon...
        MSI K8N SLI F MOBO
        4 x 74 Gig Raptors in 0+1 RAID
        ASUS EN7800GT ...Want one more to go QUAD SLI eventually...Lots 'o bugs there right now...
        Creative XFI latest card
        2 x dual CD/DVD burners
        5.1 Surround
        Razer Copperhead
        Razer XactMat
        ZBOARD *BF Edition...OF COURSE!!!

Thermaltake Armor series case
        Thermaltake Big Water liquid cooling...I added a second radiator from Thermaltake as well...

I have NO experience with OCing, but, I JUST don't need it...
        CPU STAYYYSSS RIGHT on 31 deg...GPU right at 33 deg...

1200 Mhz graphics clock is a bonus...4200+ Manchester is only 512 L2 cache...pay the extra grip for the 4400+ and get the 1 Gig L2 cache bonus...

SO FAST...

Benchmarking around 1.8 Mbps per sec through my 3 Mb cable access...I used to have problems logging onto English servers where my Brit Clan friends play...PING rates are WAY improved...LAGLESS performance...

Loading, frame rates. spawn times, clear LONG RANGE vision in map...every element of the online experience is DEFINITELY enhanced...

Can't figure out the wife's ****y ass attitude though...All of it is SO necessary to a dedicated hobbyist...I told her I could be out drinking instead...It was only ABBBOOOUUUTTT $3000...

Yeah, same thing she said...Go figure...WOMEN...Psshhtt...:hmm:

OUT!

Comment

I finally just got my new rig built... my dad paid for the stuff so he didn't want to get anything expensive...

AMD 64 Athlon 3000+ venice
          2 GB of RAM
          GeForce6100 (onboard graphics because I don't have a PCi-ex, card yet)

What a huge difference. I didn't think it was going to be that great being a 3000 and all, but MAN!! It runs super smooth in 64 servers as long as I keep my graphic settings down... I'm also usuall 1st or 2nd in a server.

Comment

I will probably get another 512 or gig of ram. quick question tho, if i get that, will i be able to play on at least medium with my setup? even tho my gfx card only has 256mb?

Comment

There are ALOT of things you can do to help that performance, not just in hardware add ons...

How many ICONS you got on your desktop??? Memory hogs...

Wallpaper??? Memory hog...

Ever run "DISK CLEANUP"???

Ever Defrag???

Get a free download called "Regseeker" Clean that too...

UPDATE ALL YOUR DRIVERS regularly...

Every little bit helps...I do that religioulsy and have NOT had to OC anything...

How many apps running in your Windows SysTray...Clean those up too...RUN ONLY WHAT IS NECESSARY...

One of the SINGLE best GAMERS tweak guides I ever found...for straight forward Windows tweaks to maximize performance IN-GAME...FOLLOW IT as far as you like...

COULD be the EDGE you need, especially if GRIP (Bones, Dollars, Pounds, $$$) is an issue...

Make a difference with your current system, then determine if upgarding it is in your best interest...

Hope that helps out some...

OUT!

Comment

Originally posted by Quik_Draw
                There are ALOT of things you can do to help that performance, not just in hardware add ons...

How many ICONS you got on your desktop??? Memory hogs...

Wallpaper??? Memory hog...

Ever run "DISK CLEANUP"???

Ever Defrag???

Get a free download called "Regseeker" Clean that too...

UPDATE ALL YOUR DRIVERS regularly...

Every little bit helps...I do that religioulsy and have NOT had to OC anything...

How many apps running in your Windows SysTray...Clean those up too...RUN ONLY WHAT IS NECESSARY...

One of the SINGLE best GAMERS tweak guides I ever found...for straight forward Windows tweaks to maximize performance IN-GAME...FOLLOW IT as far as you like...

COULD be the EDGE you need, especially if GRIP (Bones, Dollars, Pounds, $$$) is an issue...

Make a difference with your current system, then determine if upgarding it is in your best interest...

Hope that helps out some...

OUT!
                ya thanks, i will try out that page. I am pretty asanie about optimising, usually i do cleanup and defragging of thethe hdd and registry once a week. Virus and spyware checks. I have done a slug of bf2 tweaks, so im pretty good in that department. The right answer may be to reformat and start clean :hmm: that might clear things up.

Comment

I do the same about once a year...Doesnt hurt excedpt for the TIME it takes...Use an app like Norton Ghost, you can easily Ghost your setup ONCE cleaned, back and forth...Refromat, GHost BEST setup right back in...Frustrating but effective...

OUT!

Comment

Working...
                  X