Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a better Graphics Card give you and advantage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does a better Graphics Card give you and advantage?

I went from a 5200FX to a 6600GT to a 7800GS. My scores have gotten progressively better, but I'm pretty sure that this reflects more practice with time...although the higher resolutions and quality settings certainly made precision aiming a lot easier with some weapons.

What the increased eye candy has done for sure was to increase my enjoyment of the game...not so much for the wning" aspect as for all the extra atmosphere. The step from crummy low-res graphics to medium-quality, higher resolution settings that came with upgrading to the 6600GT was the most noticeable one. It was like playing a whole new game, to the point where at first I couldn't even recognize some locations I had seen plenty of times while playing in low resolution/low detail.

The 7800GS was another increase in quality, with high effects and even better antialising allowing me to see stuff like smoke trails from noob tubes, and the actual radial shockwaves from artillery. Better graphics increase the immersion factor, and I play the game for immersion and fun.

Comment

Re: Does a better Graphics Card give you and advantage?

Me and my 5600 had some good times but the game was so ugly I just decided to give up and upgrade. It's more about skill than seeing more or looking prettier.

Comment

Working...
      X