Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you miss or regret comming in BF2 from BF1942?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you miss or regret comming in BF2 from BF1942?

There seems to be quite a few DC players left actually. I am assuming it is people who can't run BF2 or are bored with it already.

Comment

Does anybody remember expack jumping in BF1942? They patched it.. but damn that was fun. You could expack yourself across the map in like 2 seconds. Lame.. but still always good for a laugh when you hear a BOOM then see a guy go flying across your screen like he was shot from a cannon.

Comment

I was a bf1942 fanatic -- played loads of Desert Combat -- I got a lot of my friends involved and it was great.

I prided myself in my skills as a pilot it took a lot of work to master but that's what made the game so gratifying -- That is what set bf1942 apart from all the other games -- the difficulty and realism in the controls.

When BF2 came out I was very excited until I sat in a chopper I was heart-broken the controls were dumb-down so badly it took a lot of the maneuverability out of the vehicle -- I have not purchased the game and will not purchase the game -- as a result only a couple of my friends ended up buying bf2 and I gave them a hard time telling them it's for noobz...

I just don't see the point in making a game with a level of difficulty that requires a certain level of proficiency – then having it be a huge success as is -- then turning around and making a sequel that dumbs the game down so it requires less skill... I hope whoever made that call dies in a fire...

Comment

Hey Bus, do u realize you're the first one to reply to this thread in over a year? LOL, WTF did you do to even find it? use the search feature?

Comment

I miss the lack of UAV and commander arty. (MODS FTW!)

I miss player controled arty (MODS FTW!)

I miss acurate weapons (MODS FTW!)

I miss vehicles that drive well and fight good (MODS FTW!)

I miss maps that offer a particular type of gameplay. Omaha, Gazala, Tobruk, Iwo Jima, etc... all maps got played in 1942...

I miss the gameplay and the fun factor more than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Brain Damage
              I miss people not flaming about everything, and just enjoying the game

yep. nobody ever complained in that game.

i also miss how easy it was to fly in 1942. i cant fly worth crap in bf2

Comment

Originally posted by Casper
                I miss the lack of UAV and commander arty. (MODS FTW!)

I miss player controled arty (MODS FTW!)

I miss acurate weapons (MODS FTW!)

I miss vehicles that drive well and fight good (MODS FTW!)

I miss maps that offer a particular type of gameplay. Omaha, Gazala, Tobruk, Iwo Jima, etc... all maps got played in 1942...

I miss the gameplay and the fun factor more than anything.
                What he said (mods ftw )

Hallalluja (SP)

Comment

I never played BF2942, did i miss anything?

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
                    Hey Bus, do u realize you're the first one to reply to this thread in over a year? LOL, WTF did you do to even find it? use the search feature?
                    Man, I just noticed that too. 2005 thread? hahahaha

Comment

Naval Battles!

Comment

U da man BattleChimp

Comment

Submarines/Destroyers/Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelPanic
                            Nothing. I like BF2 better. I miss the big artillery you could drive in Desert Combat.
                            You do know thats a contradiction, right?

Comment

old thread

Comment

Originally posted by BattleChimp
                                I don't have to pretend to like a lower-content first game to let people know I'm a vet. We know you played since day one and so did I, blah blah but you can admit a few things can't you?
                                Well said...

I never got a chance to play the earlier battlefield series, a definite shame but I think BF2 is definitely in my top 3 of all time games. Not because of graphics or other simplistic things, but because of the emotive side of BF2. Basically how it makes you feel when you play the game. The adrenaline, the rush etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X