• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: you got pwned by a 4yr old!

Cool I hope he kills me

Comment

Wow...unbelievable. Computer games are addictive enough for adults...even worse for kids. I was definitely a computer junkie when I was kid...playing nintendo and genesis all day long...but I didn't really place violent games until I was a teenager. My kids will definitely be using their spare time to play outside and do other activities which will wire up their brains to do productive stuff rather than learn how to click a mouse and shoot at people (however fake they may be).

Comment

You guys make me sick.

I'm 15.. I started playing video games when I was young. I'm not involved with sports at all (I've never played on a team, ever). Am I fat? No. Am I violent? No. Is there anything wrong with me? No.

The reason that kids are growing up badly, IMO, isn't necesarily their fault. A lot of it depends on the parents. If the parents are supportive of him, then theres no problem. If he's playing BF2 to vent anger by killing people, then theres a problem.

True Story: Your kid is better at BF2 than me :P

Comment

Originally posted by newiq
          It's a game. On top of that he is getting guidance from his parents while playing the game. And at that age I don't think they think of killing as .. killing. More like shooting a paper target and hitting it. Besides, I don't believe in sheltering young ones from reality. Better to teach and guide them how to deal with reality..
          Originally posted by [i]_Bleed_to_Death
          Seriosly tho, there isnt even a drop of blood.
          Quotes like these make me wonder what are they thinking or are they thinking at all?
          Originally posted by Real_2St0n3d
          If games would really influence people, I'd have committed so many crimes by now I'd have earned a place in the deepest dungeon with the keys thrown away. People who use games as an excuse for their behaviour would have been mental cases without games, as well, in which case they'd have had to look for another excuse.
          http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
          Yeah, of course playing the game won't necessarily mean he'll grow up to shoot people. Chances are, he won't. But it sure doesn't help things and just because he doesn't shoot people, that isn't a good way to measure if aggression or other negative traits arise because of it.
          Originally posted by glcm1961
          And for those who think it's "awesome". Words fail me.
          Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by xtrstangx
            You guys make me sick.

I'm 15.. I started playing video games when I was young. I'm not involved with sports at all (I've never played on a team, ever). Am I fat? No. Am I violent? No. Is there anything wrong with me? No.
            My college roommate ate pies every day and played computer games almost all day long. He is a beanpole. What's your point? And it's not just video games, it's violent video games. And I don't know you really so it's hard to say anything about you...teenagers will argue just about anything that doesn't go the way they want.

Yes it's parenting...but I don't think many responsible parents would want their 4 year old kid picking up an m16, video game or not.

Comment

:rock: :rock: Future hardcore gamer u have there :rock: :rock:

Comment

I wouldn't mind if my kid played a game, if I'm convinced he knows it is a game. When I was 4-5 , I had toy guns.. we played makebelieve war, the concept hasn't changed, only the form.

What I would be extremely disturbed over is if he/she would go torture some poor animals.. thàt's an indication he/she's a real sick puppy, or fast on the way to becoming one..

Comment

As long as this kid has parents that loves him, and cares for him, he is going to be fine!

Comment

Man this is so awesome, don't listen to the people flaming you,
                    this is so beyond awesome.

He's gonna grow up playing GTA's anyway, so what's the point in denying the inevitable,
                    instead what should be done is to prepare him for this under his parent's guidance
                    which is exactly what you are going.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                      Why is a four year old playing this game ? As a secondary question, why are you letting him ? Seriously.
                      what he said

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
                        Why is a four year old playing this game ? As a secondary question, why are you letting him ? Seriously.
                        As the proud parent of young boy whom just turned 5, I believe it is MY responsibility to raise him as I see fit, If I deem it ok for him to play FPS's then so be it.... when he was 2 he played the original quake, @ 3 he played MOH and JK, 4 he was into JK2 (he's a star wars nut) and UT 2004 now @ 5 he loves playing BF2 online and with his dad..... He also plays T-ball, soccer and is playing midget american football this year.
                        It is up to the parent to teach him what is right and wrong, fiction and non-fiction.....Have you ever watched the cartoon line up on TV ? Talk about violence and bad lessons for kids.... yeesh......

Bottom line is everyone needs to make sure their castle is in order rather than sticking thier nose into raising other peoples childeren.

PS.... he saw me playing F.e.a.r. this weekend, cuaght him playing it sunday morning up to the point where "Alma" makes her 1st appearance.. kid ran so fast out of the computer room I thought he was on fire...........LOL..

BTW. he also looks at my maximum mags while sitting on the john....(which the 1st time i saw him doing it i was pretty much relieved he was checking out the girls pics).....

S_Pidaso proud father of "Mxyzptlk"

Comment

Working...
                        X