No announcement yet.

What language to the MEC forces speak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What language to the MEC forces speak?

Theres difference in accents, lets say in egypt they tend to pronounce G differently and in syria they pronounce K as A etc etc but I dont think someone from lebanon will have a problem understanding someone from iraq.

So yes dice basicly took an arabic dictionary translated words literally from english and brought someone with an accent to record them, I mean its probably really hard to hire one person out of 1.5 billion muslims that could do it

Comment

ڗ ڡڄږڛڼێۗڽۄڔڱڪښڝړژٿڇ٪ٰډڃٷٻ٤ ضـظفبعفِيظكن

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Krypp596
        ?????

I guess the only way for us non-Arabic/Mandrin speaking people to understand it is to play a Russian game that features English speaking caracters or has English commands.

I guess it comes down to EA/Dice not hiring someone who knows Arabic/Mandrin enough. Sounds like we could offer to fix it, a lot of oyu know Arabic/Mandrin

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Krypp596

The translation of what he wrote is:
          aigvbaoliurgvboaiurgbvauibgv

Comment

its arabic ... i am from Syria ,

they speak a mix of Syrian, Egypt , Algerian , Iraqi .. ( kinda all the arabian accents )

there are little grammer faults but i can understand what they say for 100% .. so would any one from any arab country ..

( btw .. that is why BF2 and the mod Desert combat were very popular in arab countries ... guess we love to hear the commands in our own language lol )

best regards

Comment

As I said in my post.. They use a more common arabic so they can understand each other "in context of the game and the Middle East Coalition.

As for the translation, one of my friend is lebanese and he said that he can understand the radio control very well. They is no big translation mistakes in general.

Comment

I don't see an excuse for bad translations, so what if no ONE English word can translate in to ONE Arabic word, then use two Arabic words, maybe even *gasp* three! That's right, I said it!

I do feel bad for people who speak those languages, I mean, what if the Americans said stuff like "Requested I taken in!" or "Mean pieces moving on!" And yes, direct translations can sound that bad.

And as for slang, everyone uses slang. Even Shakespear's plays included what was slang back in the day they were made. I'm sure there's an Arabic equivalent to "man" (as in it is used in the same way, though might technically mean something totally different).

Comment

Originally posted by weird_al
                  As I said in my post.. They use a more common arabic so they can understand each other "in context of the game and the Middle East Coalition.

As for the translation, one of my friend is lebanese and he said that he can understand the radio control very well. They is no big translation mistakes in general.

Well, if the translation means exactly the oppiste then what do you call that? instead of "get ammo" you hear "need ammo" and so on....

Comment

Originally posted by puglous
                    I do feel bad for people who speak those languages, I mean, what if the Americans said stuff like "Requested I taken in!" or "Mean pieces moving on!" And yes, direct translations can sound that bad.
                    LOL, that phrase just sounds like Yoda!

Comment

Originally posted by puglous
                      That is exactly how it sounds!

Comment

3libras, SOAD is fu&&in WACK! so is Canada, but guess what? Canada is a captilist country too Dip$hit! Fu&&in Nerfherding teeny boppin skittle

Comment

Originally posted by 12-RST-
                          3libras, SOAD is fu&&in WACK! so is Canada, but guess what? Canada is a captilist country too Dip$hit! Fu&&in Nerfherding teeny boppin skittle
                          captilist? Woah, I can only handle so much stupid at once.

k so what have we learned today? Living in a country where I don't even have to lock my doors at night and listening to SOAD makes you better than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Slayter_Maximus
                            Well this symbol closely resembles the symbol for Water in chinese but means eternal in japanese, so I was clarifying where it came from since not many people know the symbol/meaning

Yes. Although it's the character for water plus 1 more stroke, in both languages... Incidentally, the 'water' character can be seen on the backs of some Chinese soldier models in BF2.. (hydration system, likely)

For those who have the proper character support installed: :|:
                            Water
                            [Mandarin reading: shui - Japanese reading: sui]

Long, eternal
                            [Mandarin reading: yong - Japanese reading: ei]

Now some Chinese voice bits! (Help me if I'm way off..)
                            • No way, man!
                              沒門儿
                              伙計 Mei men er huo ji [Literally "No way, waiter"]
                            • Good work, squad!
                              干的漂亮, 小队 Gan de piao liang xiao dui
                            • Go Go Go!
                              快快快 Kuai kuai kuai! ["Fast fast fast"]
                            • Okay.
                              好的 Hao de
                            • Artillery firing!
                              - 火炮開火 Huo pao kai huo
                              - 開炮 Kai pao
                            • Artillery, your position!
                              火炮, 你的區位 Huo pao, ni de qu wei
                            • Sorry!
                              对不起(長官) Dui bu qi (zhang guan) [I'm sorry (Sir)]

Comment

Originally posted by 3Libras
                              captilist? Woah, I can only handle so much stupid at once.

k so what have we learned today? Living in a country where I don't even have to lock my doors at night and listening to SOAD makes you better than me.
                              http://www.tooshocking.com/index.php?ns=view_vid&id=270

Hmm, Hmm, don't have ta do what at night in Canada? LMFAO, you being canadian and me American makes me better and smarter than you idiot. SOAD sounds the fraggles+LSD+more LSD. Nothing but noise. Those Dickwads came to Columbus once and the lead singer caught a softball to the Dome while on stage, quite entertaining

BTW, look at all those American cars in that Video, Thanks for the money in our pockets FU&&Wad

Comment

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention, if you guys want to see how bad direct translations can sound without learning Arabic or Chinese, go to any web translator, translate something from (for example) English (and keep in mind these two languages are very similar) to Spainish. Then translate the result back to English.

Comment

Working...
                                X