Elite players= 1shot kill or hack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elite players= 1shot kill or hack?

Since someone brough up this matter, I have to say that this does happen to me more and more frequently. I consider myself an average player. I think my shooting/dodging has improved over time. But it's frustrating that I got one shot killed in full health, in not-that- close range more often than when I was a total newbie. Maybe I am still a newbie anyway.

Comment

I must say I hate it when I turn a corner and there is a guy there right in front of me and I instantly let rip with my Jackhammer and I despair when they do not drop, but instead manage to bounce around and kill me with what seems like one shot.

Most times the jackhammer sends them flying before they can even blink, which is fairly accurate and enjoyable, but some times they start bouncing and even if I follow them with the sights as they bounce they seem to be able to one shot kill me while they are bouncing and apparently soaking up my shot gun pellets!! Plain annoying. I know accuracy decreases when you are standing up and moving the weapon, but with an automatic shotgun from a 2 feet away surely that is irrelevant? Anywhere in the general area of their torso should be enough to drop them with a couple of hits.

Comment

I don't think the shotguns are affected at all by proning/standing.

Comment

One-shot kills happens. I've been on both sides of the 1-shot barrel loads of times, and I think it's just luck (plus aim of course, but with the deviation you need luck).
          I haven't heard of any aimhacks for BF2.

Originally posted by Dasharatha
          Aimbot? Is that a known hack and/or class of hack? Just curious.
          Aimbots are rampant in older games, like Counter Strike and Tactical Ops.
          An aimbot actually aims for you when you turn it on (if there's an enemy anywhere near you, your crosshair automatically locks on him), and depending on its complexity it can be packed with features like:
          - Aim selection (head/torso/leg)
          - 180 degree turns (on/off)
          - Lag compensation (on/off) - this aims slightly infront of the enemy when he is running.
          - Rapid-fire (on/off) - when turned on, and you hold your fire button, it's like hammering your mouse button (to prevent recoil/increased deviation) instead of holding it down.
          - Auto-fire - this is the worst cheat ever, and I can't believe people use it. It not only aims for you, but fires automatically when your crosshair lands on an enemy. No use for a mouse with this turned on..

I haven't seen any aimbots for BF1942 or BF2 though, I've heard rumours that it's impossible to code it in - but you never know what kind of hacks those people keeps private.

Comment

Originally posted by KC.JADE
            In reality, no you're not getting shot. But because EA sucks, you are.
            How is EA's sucking (in your opinion) related to him getting shot?

Comment

I , think there is a Aimbot out. Was in a server lastnight, noticed something fishy. Then i watched him, he wasnt even looking at me almost a 90 degree angle and still was able to shoot me after i fired on him bunch of times. This is driving me nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by PrayingHands
                I don't think the shotguns are affected at all by proning/standing.
                I think I read somewhere that the standard deviation is 3.0 for prone and crouch so no difference there, but for standing it is greatly reduced (increased) at 1.something so accuracy wise with the shotgun it is good to crouch when firing.

I still think shotguns should be given a bit more "umph" at close range though, one shot at someone stood/prone right in front of you should be enough to make a big hole, whether they are bunny hopping around like pogo sticks or not and regardless of your own stance.

As for the aim bot I haven't noticed a lot but I have had some one shot kills from Spec-ops from miles away which is a bit crazy. The worst thing is when they are bouncing when they are firing, which is exactly the time when their accuracy should not be sufficient to hit you from that distance let alone get a head shot! And of course you can't hit them so it's game over...

Comment

Originally posted by KC.JADE
                  Well, the one with the building is just laggy collision coordinates. Basically, you are behind the wall, but technically your body is still by the corner. That's because the hit boxes are still there.

In reality, no you're not getting shot. But because EA sucks, you are.
                  I know it shouldn't be like that but i won't complain: the rules are the same for everyone so it works the other way around too.

Comment

Originally posted by Berrern
                    One-shot kills happens. I've been on both sides of the 1-shot barrel loads of times, and I think it's just luck (plus aim of course, but with the deviation you need luck).
                    I haven't heard of any aimhacks for BF2.

Aimbots are rampant in older games, like Counter Strike and Tactical Ops.
                    An aimbot actually aims for you when you turn it on (if there's an enemy anywhere near you, your crosshair automatically locks on him), and depending on its complexity it can be packed with features like:
                    - Aim selection (head/torso/leg)
                    - 180 degree turns (on/off)
                    - Lag compensation (on/off) - this aims slightly infront of the enemy when he is running.
                    - Rapid-fire (on/off) - when turned on, and you hold your fire button, it's like hammering your mouse button (to prevent recoil/increased deviation) instead of holding it down.
                    - Auto-fire - this is the worst cheat ever, and I can't believe people use it. It not only aims for you, but fires automatically when your crosshair lands on an enemy. No use for a mouse with this turned on..

I haven't seen any aimbots for BF1942 or BF2 though, I've heard rumours that it's impossible to code it in - but you never know what kind of hacks those people keeps private.

Bullets in the BF series actually have a speed,and they vary gun to gun.In addition the Bullet registry is server side or something to that affect.

In most other FPS games Bullets are point and click,IE they have no travel time,this helps with registry and such.With Aim Bots they work off Point and click,While it isn't impossible to code an Aim Bot for BF it isn't possible to code one with any predictable accuracy due to different travel times,you could I suppose code for each gun but it would require a different hack for each one,and in addition would require an insane amount of prediction.

You also cannot ,sa far as I know,code one that would be able to lead an opponent because of said server side coding and weapon speed,It would vary server to server ping to ping.

I think that the majoirty of headshots where a guy jumps and hits are luck,and a great deal more are issues with the bullet code.It's pretty shoddy,and even a good player will tell you this.

I am usually pretty accurate with an M24 and headshots,with the other rifles it's hit or miss for me and I usually go for body shots with those.Headshottign with the pump shots,if you are an FPS veteran is suprisingly, easy I have found,and I imagine this is because each piece of shot is it's own bullet and does it's own damage,which isn't always the case with such weapons in these games.The MP5 buisness seems supsect to me as it has such weak damage.I have spent some time shooting NPC's in the head with various weapons close range and only a coulple will actually kill in one shot.Perhaps there is hacks out there that modify weapon damage,but again I assume that is a server side feature.I know that ammo is stored server side.

That said there is a variety of hacks out there that show players positions and what not that can account for people knowing exactly where you are no matter how well hid you think you are.

Comment

Damage is serverside, a hack is NOT possible.

Comment

1 shot kills aren't that hard to get. I haven't been a victim of it on any regular basis, but I've gotten quite a few. Especially when spinning around. The trick is having a low DPI (or sensitivity setting) on your mouse, something I messed up quite frequently when I was more of a n00b. (I'd set the DPI to high on my MX518 while on foot, making spinning around and aiming all but impossible)

There have been times where I just had to wonder, though. Like a few nights ago when I come up behind an assault class who was crouching and firing through a hole in the wall. I was assault as well. I go to iron sights, just to make sure of the shot, and let fly. Used a whole clip on him, dust flying off him everywhere. Nothing. He turned around and fired one shot and killed me. I don't know enough about BF2 to say that he was hacking, or if it was just server lag (my ping was 24, though) but either way, it drove me up the wall.

Comment

I was on a non-Punkbuster server that had this sniper with an aimbot.

It was obvious as he jumped in the air and headshot me several times during the round. So I changed teams and watched him. Seemed like he was able to turn it on and off because he would fire, miss a shot (no hit animation), then he would turn it back on and kill like 4-5 people in a row as they bunny hopped.

That's the last time I go to a non-Punkbuster server.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostrun
                            Bullets in the BF series actually have a speed,and they vary gun to gun.In addition the Bullet registry is server side or something to that affect.

In most other FPS games Bullets are point and click,IE they have no travel time,this helps with registry and such.With Aim Bots they work off Point and click,While it isn't impossible to code an Aim Bot for BF it isn't possible to code one with any predictable accuracy due to different travel times,you could I suppose code for each gun but it would require a different hack for each one,and in addition would require an insane amount of prediction.
                            the tribes series' (really just tribes and tribes: vengeance) arsenal consisted only of projectile fire (as opposed to hitscan aka "point and click") with varying velocities and that didnt keep aimbots and the like from being made at ALL. not only that, but they were terribly effective.

point being that no matter what the cheat is or how "impossible" it seems to be to create that it can be done and, given time, it probably will be. heh.

Comment

Or you just got owned...

Comment

I personally think there is one floating around, from what I've experienced, or atleast an amplified damage hack.

Comment

Working...
                                X