Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that only the driver counts when capping a flag...v1.03 "Super" Patch Oct 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Now that only the driver counts when capping a flag...v1.03 "Super" Patch Oct 3rd

This is just the most rediculous thing I have seen. Fair enough to do it to blackhawks but for all vehicles including attack heli's is rediculous. What am I supposed to do now as an attack heli pilot, drop off my co-pilot at a flag so we can cap it or, just have the co-pilot sit there and it takes 30secs to cap a flag. Its suicidal enough to cap flags in an attack heli with all the AA around and not only that the AA is going to be made more effective. I am all for making it more effective against planes because we all know they are untouchable but they are already effective against helis. Get rid of some AA then if they are going to be more effective. In a lot of maps like Gulf of Oman, Dragon Valley etc you can get hit by 3 AA at once + add an AA tank and that is just rediculous. On Sharqi from either heli pad you can takeoff then instantly get hit by AA and they want to make that more effective?

All these whinging noobs who whine about heli's obviously don't have the skill to fly them, then they should stick to playing Karkand 24/7 like they already do.

Attack heli's will be nothing more than flying coffins, especially if they try to cap flags.

Comment

• Re: Now that only the driver counts when capping a flag...v1.03 "Super" Patch Oct 3rd

Easy...attack helis are not for capping flags.

Sure, we all do it..but I'm certainly not going to miss that ability.

They are great at providing cover for troops who ARE capping the flag though.

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
        ...Attack heli's will be nothing more than flying coffins, especially if they try to cap flags.
        Perhaps EA/DICE didn't want an Attack Helicopter to be capping flags solo?

I know currently you and your gunner have capped flags, but now, perhaps, you can support a ground squad to capture a flag. I'm sure you'll be effective 50m away from the flag destroying enemy vehicles and surpressing infantry as a squad of infantry cap the flag.

To me this lends to more teamwork rather than just the "helicopter team" that goes around capping flags by themselves.

Comment

• Re: Now that only the driver counts when capping a flag...v1.03 &quot;Super&quot; Patch Oct 3rd

Originally posted by Talus
          Easy...attack helis are not for capping flags.

Sure, we all do it..but I'm certainly not going to miss that ability.

They are great at providing cover for troops who ARE capping the flag though.
          D'oh...should had read your post before responding. I totally agree with you sir.

Additionally, why would you want to hover over a flag when it only takes 2 AT rockets to down you. I know whenver there's an attack helicopter that kills me to cap a flag I respawn as AT. I usually hit them and then they go running back to their helipad to repair.

However, if they get onto the flag fast enough they'll neutralize the flag with a 2-person crew and not allow me to spawn. I think this why he is not happy about.

Comment

• Re: Now that only the driver counts when capping a flag...v1.03 &quot;Super&quot; Patch Oct 3rd

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
            All these whinging noobs who whine about heli's obviously don't have the skill to fly them, then they should stick to playing Karkand 24/7 like they already do.

Attack heli's will be nothing more than flying coffins, especially if they try to cap flags.
            what? did i hear someone mention whining?

guess it must be me then.

cheers

Comment

Working...
            X