X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOW TO: Unlock Weapons in 1.02 Single Player

Originally posted by Al3x
    anyone try this for sf weapons yet?
    The mod will only unlock the original unlocks. You would need to edit the kit files to select the new unlock instead (change ObjectTemplate.unlockLevel 2 to ObjectTemplate.unlockLevel 0).

Comment

i just wanted to thank you . this really help choose which weapon to unlock.

Comment

Glad it was of some use.

Comment

Ok i didn't read the whole post so maybe it was already known....

go to \EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\python\bf2\stats\unlocks.py

change the lines:
          defaultUnlocks = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]
          and
          kitUnlocks = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]

to

defaultUnlocks = [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]
          and
          kitUnlocks = [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]

You'll have all weapons unlocked in single player and you can switch between them. It worked for me...

Comment

Originally posted by CiTRiX

. . .

You'll have all weapons unlocked in single player and you can switch between them. It worked for me...
            And when was the last time you tried this? That mod stopped working with the first patch (deliberately). Has it started working again?

Comment

Maybe he is using the Demo. I know it still works on the Demo and there are no patches for that thing.

Comment

Wasnt there a way to just change all the 0's to 1's. Then when you are in SP you get to choose if you want to use the old unlocks or the new ones. It also works with US, MEC and CH. I did this in the demo but I can't remember how. Is the above what I just explained cause I didn't really get the above.

Comment

Ok, I just looked through the files and here is how I did it in the Demo. 1. Using Notepad open up unlocks.py in Batllefield 2\Python\BF2\stats. 2. Look down the page and find the part that is 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 and change them all to 1's. (Make sure it is the first set of zeros on the page as there are some more below that you leave at 0). 3. Save the file (making sure you backed it up before that) 4. Play BF2 with the unlocks. When you do what I did above you gotta click the little arrows that swap the weapons. Doing the way above will allow you to use either the unlocks or the original weapons. I dunno if this is the same method as above but it sure seems more simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbdrwd
                    Ok, I just looked through the files and here is how I did it in the Demo. 1. Using Notepad open up unlocks.py in Batllefield 2\Python\BF2\stats. 2. Look down the page and find the part that is 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 and change them all to 1's. (Make sure it is the first set of zeros on the page as there are some more below that you leave at 0). 3. Save the file (making sure you backed it up before that) 4. Play BF2 with the unlocks. When you do what I did above you gotta click the little arrows that swap the weapons. Doing the way above will allow you to use either the unlocks or the original weapons. I dunno if this is the same method as above but it sure seems more simple.
                    Ummm, somethings stuffed up. It wont put enters where i want them to go so it ended up like that.

Comment

Ummm, somethings really stuffed up. I just posted and the post never showed. O well I will have to repost.

Comment

Originally posted by CiTRiX
                        Ok i didn't read the whole post so maybe it was already known....

change the lines:
                        defaultUnlocks = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]
                        and
                        kitUnlocks = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]

to

defaultUnlocks = [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]
                        and
                        kitUnlocks = [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]

This is what I have been trying to post but my posts just arnt showing up. This I think is the easiest way to go.

Comment

thanks for the info on how to unlock wepons in sp and thanks for the installer,
                          now i can play with my m95 in praccy games in sp.
                          gonna try coop and 64 bot mod with this to

Comment

Originally posted by Viathon
                            Glad it was of some use.
                            yeh the app is cool,just one q's though. is there any way to make this work with mods i.e coop 4.0 so i can play with bigger maps,it works fine with 64bot mod,but not coop.if you could i shall bow down screming"im not worthy"

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbdrwd
                              Wasnt there a way to just change all the 0's to 1's. Then when you are in SP you get to choose if you want to use the old unlocks or the new ones. It also works with US, MEC and CH. I did this in the demo but I can't remember how. Is the above what I just explained cause I didn't really get the above.
                              As we just said, this ONLY works in the demo and v1.00 retail. The first retail patch broke it (deliberately).

Comment

nice i will try it

Comment

Working...
                                X