HOW TO: Unlock Weapons in 1.02 Single Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO: Unlock Weapons in 1.02 Single Player

This Thread will explain in detail how to unlock all weapons for use in 1.02 Single Player.

Click here to download Battlefield 2™ Weapon Unlocker.

Go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2

You will see a file called: Objects_server.zip

BACK THIS FILE UP, then copy(or unzip) this file to a new folder.

Inside the Objects_server.zip file you will see a directory labeled: Kits

BEFORE YOU EDIT, RIGHT CLICK THE KITS SUBDIRECTORY AND UNCHECK 'Read Only' then apply to all subdirectories, etc.

Open the Kits directory, then open the subdirectory of which faction you wish to unlock: (US, MEC, CH).

You will see several files with the .con extension.

With a text editor (Use NOTEPAD or ULTRAEDIT, etc. DO NOT USE WORDPAD), open each .con file corresponding to each class.

For US the files are:

US_Assault.con
    US_AT.con
    US_Engineer.con
    US_Medic.con
    US_Sniper.con
    US_Specops.con
    US_Support.con

At the end of each file you will see the following text:

ObjectTemplate.unlockLevel 1

Change this to:

ObjectTemplate.unlockLevel 0

Click File->Save, then repeat for all files, then repack the Kits subdirectory into the Objects_server.zip file.(after saving files you can drag the folder back into the .zip file to repack it automatically, or manually rezip the files back) (Using winzip, winrar, etc. WINDOWS XP/2k ZIP Program will NOT work for rearchiving files as far as I know!)

MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THIS EDITED .ZIP SEPERATE FROM THE ORIGINAL, you do NOT want to lose your original, as the modified will probably not work, and/or get you banned from multiplayer. (Since EA likes to suck)

In my case, I made a new folder called 'UNLOCKS' and stuck my edited zip inside, then when I want to play singleplayer I rename the original: Objects_server.zip.ORIG and stick the edited Objects_server.zip from my UNLOCKS folder into the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2 folder, then when i want to play multi, I move the edited .zip back to the UNLOCKS folder, and rename the Objects_server.zip.ORIG back to Objects_server.zip.

PLEASE NOTE:

ALL WEAPONS WILL SHOW AS NORMAL WHEN YOU JOIN A SINGLEPLAYER GAME, you will also notice there is NO up/down arrow to select an unlock like there usually is, this is because ALL weapons are now unlocked, and you HAVE to use the upgraded weapon, there is no option to use the normal weapons with this mod.

This HOW TO was written so even an idiot could understand it, I'm sure 99% of you didn't need half of the detailed explanation, so hold your flame posts.

-Cekken

Re: HOW TO: Unlock Weapons in 1.02 Single Player

Sweet! This'll help me choose my next unlock. Look forward to trying this out when I get home. Good work.

Comment

Be careful with your next unlock. No matter what you choose, you will probably want to kick yourself. No matter what you pick, there will be times that you wish you "took the other weapon."

By the time you are ready for your second weapon unlock, you will probably know which kit you play by default...which one you like to use. Pick that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Cekken
        This HOW TO was written so even an idiot could understand it,...
        I'm not an idiot, so I must proclaim that I don't understand it.

Thanks, man. This is very timely as I just qualified for next unlock tonight and I was wondering what to unlock. (I'm leaning toward the SpecOp's G36C [or whatever], but this will allow me to test it out first.) Again, thanks!

Comment

Great work Cekken! This information is just what alot of people are looking for.

In order to make the changes to the files, you may run into problems if you try to use the UNZip feature in Windows XP or 2000. I suggest you use a third party zipping program like PK Unzip. You will not be able to edit the listed files directly using windows default unzipper unless you change the file attributes, know how to manipulate the folders and basically know what you are doing without screwing it up.

Most users will have an easier time with PK Unzip.

Comment

Remember you need to archive the FILES inside the folder, not the folder itself.
            Some people may not be able to save the .con file again because it's a read only file. Go to properties and change it.

Comment

Where was this post a week ago when I got my last unlock?!

Thanks for the info.

What I ended up doing to test the kits was run around in mulitplayer games and just pick up every kit I came across to see if it was an unlock of something I wanted. I was able to find them all and get to test them on multiplayer.

I was only interested in the spec ops, engineer, and support. I went with Engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by clementchew88
                Remember you need to archive the FILES inside the folder, not the folder itself.
                Originally posted by clementchew88
                Some people may not be able to save the .con file again because it's a read only file. Go to properties and change it.
                Thanks for adding this, I added it into the original howto now .

I wrote the how to under the guidelines that the files were unzipped and not just edited from inside the .zip file (with winzip you can edit files inside the zip, you could also, as I did, edit the files, then drag and drop the folder back into the zip file (winrar again).

Comment

Ah, works better than the light socket idea! Thanks, great post.

Comment

Thanks for that Cekken it works great. I reached my 1st upgrade a little while ago and chose the G36c over the L85a1. I worried a bit when I made my choice but after using your tips to unlock the L85a1, I think I made the right choice (no offence intended SA80 fans, I just couldn't get along with it).
                    Thanks again. :salute:

Comment

bump.

Also, was wondering why I have to open IE to post here, firefox won't let me type in the text fields.

Comment

Thanks for the good work mate, and thanks for the bump too, I might have missed it otherwise. New bump for you!

Comment

Cool ill have to try this to see what my next unlock will be

Comment

Originally posted by Rampant Piper
                            Be careful with your next unlock. No matter what you choose, you will probably want to kick yourself. No matter what you pick, there will be times that you wish you "took the other weapon."

By the time you are ready for your second weapon unlock, you will probably know which kit you play by default...which one you like to use. Pick that one!
                            So true!!!

Comment

I must be an idiot. I need som help.. I'll tell you exactly what I'm doing, and you can tell me what I'm going wrong.

Start->Run->C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2

Find the Objects_server folder and open it.

Copy the Objects_server folder (is this what I'm supposed to do?), and rename the copy Objects_server - backup.

I make a new folder on the desktop.

Open the copy of the Objects_server copy, and select extract all files.

I extract them to the New Folder on the dektop.

Finished extracting. Open New Folder, and right click the Kit folder. Go to properties, uncheck read only.

Open the Kits folder, open the US folder, open the .con files, and change the last line in the text to read ObjectTemplate.unlockLevel 0 instead of ObjectTemplate.unlockLevel 1.

I save all these files, and then I get lost.

Any help? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X