• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HOW TO: Unlock Weapons in 1.02 Single Player

Anybody?

Comment

This was covered in the instructions so this is a repost of the above info. Read the bold part of the instructions below.

At the end of each file you will see the following text:

ObjectTemplate.unlockLevel 1

Change this to:

ObjectTemplate.unlockLevel 0

Click File->Save, then repeat for all files, then repack the Kits subdirectory into the Objects_server.zip file.(after saving files you can drag the folder back into the .zip file to repack it automatically, or manually rezip the files back) (Using winzip, winrar, etc. WINDOWS XP/2k ZIP Program will NOT work for rearchiving files as far as I know!)

MAKE SURE YOU KEEP THIS EDITED .ZIP SEPERATE FROM THE ORIGINAL, you do NOT want to lose your original, as the modified will probably not work, and/or get you banned from multiplayer. (Since EA likes to suck)

Comment

Originally posted by Cekken
        bump.

Also, was wondering why I have to open IE to post here, firefox won't let me type in the text fields.
        I had this problem too.
        Go to "User CP" choose "Edit options" then "Miscellaneous Options" and there choose "Standard editor" or "Basic editor". That should do it.
        By the way thanks for the tips.

Comment

Yes.. but.. I'm stupid.. you need to be a little patient with me

What does it mean "re-pack" the kits? And when I'm finished, do I move the New Folder with the extracted files from the backup copy of the Objects_server file in to the mods folder? the original Objects server file?

Comment

You want to replace the originals. The backup is just incase you make a mistake.

Comment

IM confused i cant change numbers of unlocks what do i hit i need exact steps plz when it coms to retyping the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Garabaldi
                Yes.. but.. I'm stupid.. you need to be a little patient with me

What does it mean "re-pack" the kits? And when I'm finished, do I move the New Folder with the extracted files from the backup copy of the Objects_server file in to the mods folder? the original Objects server file?
                Repack = Zip. Use your unzip program (WinZip, etc.) to zip the modified files again. Give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollister360
                  IM confused i cant change numbers of unlocks what do i hit i need exact steps plz when it coms to retyping the numbers
                  What do you mean you can't change the numbers of unlocks?

the .con file will be editable with any text editor, maybe make sure you UNCHECKED READ ONLY from the folder properties before trying to edit?

Comment

Originally posted by Hollister360
                    Did you uncheck the read only button as directed in the instructions and apply it to all the subdirectories?

Comment

Originally posted by Aftershock
                      Did you uncheck the read only button as directed in the instructions and apply it to all the subdirectories?

Beat you !

Comment

I still can't get it.

After I change all the 1's to 0's, do I just copy the Kits folder? The whole Unpacked Folder? Where do I unpack it to?

When I just drag and drop the Modified 0's kits folder in to the Objects_servers folder (the original, still in my C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2 folder, while the unpacked folder is on my desktop) I just get two copies of the US_Assault things in the kits things.. one with 1's.. one with 0's.

Hapl.:cry:

Comment

I still can't get it.

After I change all the 1's to 0's, do I just copy the Kits folder? The whole Unpacked Folder? Where do I unpack it to?

When I just drag and drop the Modified 0's kits folder in to the Objects_servers folder (the original, still in my C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2 folder, while the unpacked folder is on my desktop) I just get two copies of the US_Assault things in the kits things.. one with 1's.. one with 0's.

Hapl.:cry:
                          THE ONLY REASON YOU HAVE THE ORIGINAL FOLDER IS TO REPLACE THE MODIFIED ONE TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER, DO NOT EDIT OR PUT ANY EDITED FILES INSIDE IT.

With that said, you need to put the modified 0s kits folder into the objects_server folder that is EDITED the COPY of the original NOT THE ORIGINAL you should have 2 Objects_servers.zip files/folders whatever you did, the one you edit is NOT the original, but a backup. to repack you edit the ones inside the BACKUP zip/folder then rezip them(or just drag and drop back into the zip file) and you're set.

Comment

Okay. I drag the edited 0's into the modified Objects_Servers folder, but, now, the kit folder has 2 of each of .con file. 1 is a read only, with 1's, and the others are the modified 0's.

Do I drag the modified Objects servers back into the mods folder? What about the original.

Comment

Okay. I drag the edited 0's into the modified Objects_Servers folder, but, now, the kit folder has 2 of each of .con file. 1 is a read only, with 1's, and the others are the modified 0's.

Do I drag the modified Objects servers back into the mods folder? What about the original.

leave the original alone.

Do this, since you are having such a hard time:

Get winrar. Open objects_server.zip

Open the kits directory, edit the files, it will automatically repack, then I don't have to explain why you're not reading the directions.

Comment

can someone make an installer for this please.

Comment

Working...
                                X