Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to setup your joystick to fly a jet (beginner)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to setup your joystick to fly a jet (beginner)

are there any con files to edit for joystick controls?

Comment

I would map the twist-clockwise (looking down at the joystick) to turn(rudder)-left (and vice versa), and joystick-right to rudder-right. That's what I use in BF for both helos and planes. Seemded that I get the shopper flight to be more stable and it is better for bombers because you need to keep leveled flight and only steer slightly left and right to home on the target. I't seasy to turn the joystick (bank) while you are trying to twist and you don't want that.

Oh and YOUR settings, I use in LockOn MAC because rudder is barely unused in it

Comment

Great setup guide, I have the same joystick. Now as far as practice goes I go offline and start a local server and use a 64 player map (more room to fly) you don't have anyone to fly against but you don't have to wait around while a bot takes the plane either.

NastyOB

Comment

Great setup guide, I have the same joystick. Now as far as practice goes I go offline and start a local server and use a 64 player map (more room to fly) you don't have anyone to fly against but you don't have to wait around while a bot takes the plane either.

NastyOB

Comment

i have a Logitech Attack 3 joystick and i set it up as u told in this topic.Now can u give us a guide on how to set up the heli/choppers controlls plz?

Comment

Originally posted by kill-enemies
              i have a Logitech Attack 3 joystick and i set it up as u told in this topic.Now can u give us a guide on how to set up the heli/choppers controlls plz?
              Personally I would just use mouse+keyboard. Although I've heard some extreame helicopter pilots who would use a joystick to pull some amazing maneuvers like rotating horizontally while circling a base at a 60 degree attack angle.

Comment

Originally posted by machstem
                I see you have the Logitech Xtreme 3d Pro joystick.

I have an issue with mine, where if I let go of the joystick, it'll usually pull to the right, so much that I continuously have to reset it back.

Do you get this problem?

Thanks
                Machstem -

These Logitech joysticks have major problems holding calibration after a few months and will start to drift one way or another. As there is no "calibration" function for the device in Control Panel or elsewhere - make sure you download the Logitech Wingman Profiler. Heres the link I think

Before starting BF2, load this program, let it pop-up (or it will Alt-Tab you to desktop while playing), and goto File -> Hide Profiler. You should see a red W in the system tray. Then your joystick will straighten out like new.

Comment

I use a joystick for chopper flyin all the time. You just twist more and dont go left right as much. If you try flying a chopper with a stick just like a jet, it doesnt work at all.

Comment

How do I use mouse look?

Comment

Originally posted by pYura
                      How do I use mouse look?
                      Look for a program called "joytokey" in these forums.

Comment

ur a nice guy taking the time to do this, thanks, you r a credit to the bf2 community,

Comment

Good info. My second Logitech Extreme 3D just died so I decided to try the Saitek Cyborg Evo since so many people had been praising it. It has fewer keys so I'm having some difficulty setting it up. Does anyone have any suggestions for key placements for this stick?

Thanks.

Comment

I just got a joystick but im not so sure how to use it.

Comment

Theres a way to edit the controls.con file so you can use your joystick for mouselook. You just have to add 2 lines.

Comment

So. This has always bothered me...does Mouse Sensitivity in the aircraft controls change the sensitivity of the joystick? so crazy...but is this true?

Comment

Working...
                                X