Account For Sale - Hypathetical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account For Sale - Hypathetical

IF someone offered to sell you their account for a reasonable price say...a sargent rank with pretty good weapon unlocks and a respectible amount of ribbons and badges.....would you consider it? OR would you sell yours if someone asked??

Pls don't flame me. I'm not offering or selling. Just a thought for the community.

Re: Account For Sale - Hypathetical

ohh my god. lol i dont see the point in that.

Comment

no i wouldn't its not like you'd enjoy those ribbons and badges ebcause you hadn't earned them and your abilities wouldn't match your stats.

Comment

It would be extremely sad to see the crap that goes on in the RPG world such as the sale of accounts and virtual items spread to BF2.

Comment

sure. there is a lot of money to be made in doing that.

Comment

That BIG IF is very questionable indeed.

Comment

Actually there is quite a commerce in virtual property.

Such an account properly described and sold to a winning bidder on a site such as Ebay with proper photos of the orginal disk, box and manual with the premise that you will transfer to the buyer ALL of the passwords, account information that is tied to your Sargeant's account.

Then you must completely clean your computer of ALL information related to the game you sold. Down thru the registry and cookies, punkbuster etc etc etc..

Off to the store you go to purchase another retail copy of BF2 and back in the stats chase. Only with the experience you have gained it might take less time to get Sargeant.

It is my belief that EA does not tie computer hardware serials (Numbers) to a specific account so you probably could sell your account to a buyer. Once you sell that account you must not attempt to access it ever again.

Punkbuster does have a unique number (GUID) that identifies your specific computer, once you find it and remove it... then with the next copy of virgin BF2 you should be able to create a new account without any trouble.

Again, this is how I would handle such a sale. I believe that there is a industry of "Farming" game accounts in foreign nations for the sole purpose of creating a income using real dollars. This is reinforced by recent troubles in the news related to people being killed over artifacts gained in video games.

When we were beta testing another game, a tester attempted to post the beta code along with the upcoming game boxart on ebay. Within an hour an alert tester discovered this and it was summarily removed from the auction as it severly violated the NDA.

Comment

why would you even post it?
                i'll trade you the letter "j" on my keyboard for the letter "n" on yours

Comment

99% sure its illegal and would just get the account restarted or deleted.

Comment

I know a person that used to be the best in Nascar racing game years ago .. and had sold his car settings for over a 1000$

bye

Armando

Comment

there was a nascar game? awesome way to make cash.

1. put rock on left arrow key.
                      2. put other rock on accelerate key.
                      3. leave for 2 weeks.
                      4. sell account.
                      5. profit yipee!

Comment

i would NEVER bother to buy one because thats complete crap i like to earn my stuff in life and in games thats like buying a brand new game and using cheats to beat it, like buying an FF and using cheats in the begining it ruins the fun and satisfaction of achievement

Comment

I can see why people would see certain 'virtual' items for cash but a BF:2 login?

Most people can get to Lance-corp pretty quickly so you're paying $$$ to get a second unlock?

I hope no one would be that stupid.

Comment

Not a chance in hell, I would never get rid of the account to see some peon with the name I've been using for the last 10 years in gaming being dragged through the dirt cos he's a childish turd. (worst case scenario :P)

It's not really worth it just for unlocked weapons that are not that great to start with.

Comment

now option 2 is too create a account and sell it before you even use it
                              you can sell anything in this world even a paper bag full of dog crap if you word it right

Comment

Working...
                              X