I suck..really i feel like im terrible.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reply to #1

It's your first FPS, but nearly all of the people you're playing against have been playing FPS's for several years. It will take some time for you to acquire the basic skills of FPS's to help you even things out.

The first thing that you need to learn about online FPS's is that they require you to lead your targets, due to lag. Instead of aiming at people, aim in front of where they're going.

Secondly, you need to adjust your gameplay depending upon the weapons/vehicles you choose. You should try to be on favorable turf at all times. This means that if you have an assault weapon, you should try to always be in areas where you'll engage enemies in close quarters. If you have a long-range weapon, you should always be in areas where enemies will appear at long range, but not at short range. In other words, don't just rush at the nearest flag, even if you're a tank.

Along those lines, I'd recommend you start out by trying an assault kit, since it's easier to learn how to navigate terrain in such a way that you can avoid long-range contests. Also, enemy snipers will usually pass up a moving target at long range, while enemy assaults will never pass you up at short range. Plus, you're better equipped to attack flags and get points that way.

Third, you should spend more time in a squad and less as a lone wolf. You can learn from watching other players and the medics will keep you alive.

The squad will also (hopefully) guide you to the proper areas of the map from which to attack. Much of the game is figuring out the maps: which areas are good (easy) to attack and how to flank or encircle your enemy.

No matter how good you are, you'll never be able to win every face-to-face firefight. But you can learn how to end up on your enemy's flank or rear more frequently.

Comment

Dude, just play to have fun.

Comment

Talk about a rant!

Comment

Originally posted by Thirdeyepry
          http://www.got3n.com/player.php?pid=thirdeyepry

these are my pitiful stats..
          Ive come to the conclusion that I suck.
          The only way Ive noticed i can get over 30 points a game is medic, and supplies..or be a passenger in a heli.
          When Im a sniper..Ive gotten alot better, found spots and such..tho it still seems bullets can hit me form the ground no matter how far I shimmy back after getting hit peeping over the edge..sometimes it amazes me the ease of sniping someone with a semi-auto is from the ground by firing eraticly then a high powered rifle form above.
          Ive come to the conclusion no matter how much I Claymore ladders, Ill run out of all...2..that I get (WTF..2!!)..1 a "more" noob then me will encounter and another an enemy will run into, then I have the option of wating for my knifing or playing run around and find a spot, "building with no ladder..ok..check next one, nope no latter..ok next one"

So best sniping class so far Ive found..AT, **** snipe people, tanks, helis you name it its 1 shot that seems more accurate alot more damaging..but very detectable. Tho lack of grenades I dont like.
          Medic, support..to hell with killin people, just supply..continously..no matter what your doing drop bags, run over to groups...I whored a ton of points..got bored..wont play them again, fun to whore up points and such dont get me wrong, but not my cup of tea.
          Assualt/spec Ops..cool classes. Assualt is my "Im so pissed at dieng I need some armor on and Im gonna run in ape **** and try to just open up on people" Spec Ops is my "I wanna play with C4 and hope that a laser sight helps my stupid inaccurate ass. Engineer, having gave it much play, used it once..got TK banned from idiots runnin into my Landmines and kicked form another server for that to.

I like the vehicles, ashame they spawn like every 30 sec it seems (except when your sitting on a flight deck with all the other BH campers "Hey, i need a ride", same with artilary strikes..why the quick reload and spawn on things like that? I am a driver master in cars in and trucks, I switch to 3rd person and rip..see some fodder and hit F2 and its on. Tanks, Im so so, not to bad I guess, I like using AT and hoping out if the other tank has gotten the best of me, runnin over behind a wall and going "hey dick, I got more shells on me" while hes firing at the smoking tank i was in or still staring at my recently exploded tank.
          Helis, I can fly the transport one (thats the BH right?) Ive gotten greta at it, since theres no weapons to use I can use 3rd person, Im good at droping off picking up, hovering over flags etc.. Now attacking copter..I suck ass, used it a few times different occasions..way to fast for me to be effective with it.
          last time I tried it I crashed and got kicked for crashing it.

Ive come to the conclusion too that I cant hit anything..not a thing..if I see a person i can shoot my ass of, jumping, proning, lying down..they hit me 95% of the time but ill hit 10% of the time.

Ive also noticed I seem to be a master of the being shot once and dieng technique,..its always walking, hiding, BLAM!! dead...I want that gun!
          Takes me eratic firing an reloading to kill some one, while Im so squishy i drop like a brick in 1.2 sec's of fire.

Well its my first FPS..Ill keep trying, got 75 hours under my belt now, and such a puny amount of points, and my ability to die 3 times as much as I kill technique down.

Im gonna try a new User name, get some fresh stats and be more fodder for better players. just wish EA made unlocks easier, so many people dont play for the team. They drive/fly off on ya if they see a chance for points, they leave recently captured flags while you can see incoming forces just so they can get to a next flag point and medics seem it wise to revive me under fire or when Im out of bullets..im thinking "ok i died..no one chose support so theres no bullets around and no supply drops, its ok to die get some new claymores (grrr) or rockets.." nope medic revies me..we both die..10-15 mroe second to wait.
          As long as you know you suck, there is only room for improvment. A few thing you should know about the infantry weapons, the spec ops rifle is the most accurate, and the assault/medic does the most damage. Anything beyond that, you need to find your own style and work on it. Just learn from your mistakes, when you die try and see what you did wrong and correct it, and when you do good try and not what you did right and keep doing it.

Comment

Steep learning curve but once you're over the hill its so much fun...I can recomend tank whoring a bit, just to get your esteem up a bit. After you're good enough at that try the infantry thing again.

Comment

Another point, don't use the sniper.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirdeyepry
                http://www.got3n.com/player.php?pid=thirdeyepry

Well its my first FPS..Ill keep trying, got 75 hours under my belt now, and such a puny amount of points, and my ability to die 3 times as much as I kill technique down.
                dude i felt the same way with my 1st FPS game Joint Ops and even JO:TR and now feel the same way again with BF2 (must be the new z-board) ha either way I forget the stats until my buddy sends me the link to mine soooooooo.... I just play for the fun of it !

Course I'm married with 4 kids so N E time I get to play I enjoy.... Keep playing and this will prolly be your first FPS game of many. G/L!!!

Comment

Hey, man. If you're ever interested in learning by example, go to my team's webpage (link is in my signature) and look for our Xfire names. I suggest you download Xfire <that's a link> for free to help you find the games, servers, and players you enjoy playing with most. My crew would be more than happy to train you on our server. Good luck and enjoy the game (be sure to log off and take a break when you don't).

Comment

if you are crap give up, why take part if you are ****..

lol j/k

Comment

Originally posted by Alka-Hall
                      dude i felt the same way with my 1st FPS game Joint Ops and even JO:TR and now feel the same way again with BF2 (must be the new z-board) ha either way I forget the stats until my buddy sends me the link to mine soooooooo.... I just play for the fun of it !

Course I'm married with 4 kids so N E time I get to play I enjoy.... Keep playing and this will prolly be your first FPS game of many. G/L!!!
                      Oh the Z-board bit was just an excuse, Imma sucking pretty much too... but my fun factor is way up there.

One tip I can give ya that I have learned in BF2 is all the aforementioned tips above but try not and be a lonewolf and join a squad.

L8ter.... I'm off like a prom dress.

Comment

what u want us to do? If you wanna hear the truth ok ya, you do suck

Comment

Originally posted by ace203
                          what u want us to do? If you wanna hear the truth ok ya, you do suck
                          These are the kind of guys that are the funnest to kill. Yeah if they are really that good they may get ya most of the time but those few times it's worth it.......

does rank equate to time played or skill level??? Hmmmm

Comment

It's all good man. What you lack in, you can make up for by thinking. Get to know the maps, it's pretty important. Think about where you want to go next and how your gonna get there. Practice, practice and practice. Work with squads. Get your feet wet in SP mode.

Stategy can make up for a lot. It's quite important. There are many angles to this game. Number one - Have Fun!

Comment

Well no one is god at anything.. just play to have fun. If you relish on stats only then you loose what you are here to really accomplish... having fun. So stop putting ya self down and play just to play. Who cares about stats... you plan on playing for next 20 years? If so then maybe you can be Sergeant Major!

Comment

Working...
                              X