What's up with the n00b seargeant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with the n00b seargeant

So I am playing on this server and this guy with rank of seargeant comes along. I think great, this will be an awesome player. Boy was I dissappointed. All the n00b wanted to do was fly around in the blackhawk and he sucked at it too! I left his squad the 2nd time we were killed. He didn't score very high either.

So my question is how can someone with so little skill do so poorly? While me, who regularly scores in the top 3 on my team and almost always top 10 on the server, still is stuck at lance corporal? Here are some of my stats:

Originally posted by ozziegt
    So I am playing on this server and this guy with rank of seargeant comes along. I think great, this will be an awesome player. Boy was I dissappointed. All the n00b wanted to do was fly around in the blackhawk and he sucked at it too! I left his squad the 2nd time we were killed. He didn't score very high either.

So my question is how can someone with so little skill do so poorly? While me, who regularly scores in the top 3 on my team and almost always top 10 on the server, still is stuck at lance corporal? Here are some of my stats:
    You don't need to be good to get rank. If you play enough, you'll get there.

Comment

that doesnt mean hes a noob and not all of the high rank ppl are skilled alot of them stat padd and thats why they have higher ranks

Comment

Most high-ranked players either: 1. Have no life OR 2. Stat pad.

'Nuff said.

Comment

most of the time when you meet a seargeant, you can asume he has some skills, because playing a lot will give you skils and knowledge over every map there is.

but sometimes, they may be skilled , but they are just goofing around, I do it to sometimes, everyone I think, just flying, driving, walking around for fun and do some useless stuff

Comment

Been seeing that ALOT. Most of these players are just "long hour players" and thus they have plenty of points....that's all.
            They suck.

Comment

Originally posted by ozziegt

No offense, but your stats suck, you don't even have a 1 KDR.

Comment

No life. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot
                  Lol I was thinking the same thing. How do you finish in top 3 when you have more deaths than kills?

Comment

Originally posted by Chubz
                    Most high-ranked players either: 1. Have no life OR 2. Stat pad.

'Nuff said.
                    Yeah jealous people say that all the time...

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot
                      Stats mean nothing;

For me it depends on how good my team is and whether or not they will actually help one another, form squads, etc.

Sometimes if I get into a game where my team is absolutely horrible I end up getting a 1:2 or even 1:3 kill/death ratio.

If I get on a good team, my usual kill/death ratio is 2:1 or higher at times. Sadly, finding a "good" team is harder for me than anything. I guess that's why like 50% of the time I'll leave a game before the round is even over. I can't deal with being stuck on the nublet team.

Comment

I played in a round with a sergeant who was being an absolute *****.. jumping in front of planes and helis to give you a TK. Things is the clan whose server it was (IFF) believed him saying it was our fault, just because he had one rank higher than me....

Comment

Every time I find a Sergeant on Mastuur City, hes simply sitting in a Blackhawk. Every time I find one on Karkand, hes on the USA team running around corners with his M203 drawn. On Karkand it seems the higher the rank, the higher amount of M203 whorage.

Comment

Originally posted by bf2.sOlo
                            Yeah jealous people say that all the time...
                            Well, you've spent over 181 hours on this game.

That's the equivalent of playing this game for OVER 7 days.

Meanwhile... I've played for 21 hours. Not even enough time for ONE day. Because: 1. Vacation. 2. Work 3. Birthday shopping/arranging

Am I saying that you have no life? No.

Am I saying that it's hard to see how you can put so much time into playing a single game? For sure.

Comment

the same thing happened to me, some sergeant came in the game and started talking trash because he was sgt and no one else was... and when we were playing he was really bad... he died 2x more than he killed and finished like 5th on our team in a 16 player map... i was ignoring what he was saying, but i just found it amusing that the people he would yell at placed higher than him in the end... then he left the server saying that we don't know how to play with teamwork and we were going to lose (we didn't lose a round, btw)... amuses me

people sometimes assume that cpl.s have skill too... i remember going on a server with 3 other cpls there... and all they did was tank whore and spawn kill... i was the only cpl there playing with what seemed like an ounce of dignity... i mean, more power if you get rank from shady playing tactics, but don't feel proud at the end of the day, thats the least i can ask

Comment

Working...
                              X