Vehicle Ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Ownership

I'd like to see Vehicle Ownership in BF2. So if you get in a chopper, or whatever vehicle, you can 'lock' it for your squad, or boot someone that's in it, that you don't want in it. Lots of times I like to roll up on a base quietly, and some idiot gets in my vehicle and is just laying waste to EVERYTHING in sight with the gun. However, if you get OUT of the driverseat, you should lose ownership of that vehicle.

Just my $0.02

not liking that idea, can see ppl getting rather p***ed when some muppet that cant fly for **** locks up the chopper and just ***s around in it all afternoon

Comment

agreed, youd get sum comedien locking the cobra or other stuff, not fun at all.

Comment

Originally posted by [>KoD<]Monkey
        yea, that would be me

Comment

I usually just ask nicley adn refuse to move till they get it out if transporting squad members.

Comment

no. its not your vehicle, stop crying.

Comment

By refusing to move until your 'buddies' have slots is wasting time on a map and posibly causing you to lose tickets. Any good teamplayer would cart off a full vehicle of their side towards whatever objective and get on with the job. Squad members can always choose to respawn on you if youre the team leader.

Comment

Originally posted by [>KoD<]Monkey
                They can already do that by sitting in the pilot's seat and not moving.

Comment

Your vehicle?

Idiots?

Pot...kettle?

Comment

Originally posted by Strega
                    They can already do that by sitting in the pilot's seat and not moving.
                    So let's not help by adding this yea?

Comment

I don't like the idea in general, I think more of a problem is when engineers get out a tank or something like it and try to repair it, then a teammate takes it, another problem with engineer, you can fix your vehicle, but you will lose it in the process. I think having a 15 second lock optional lock when engineer jumps out would help this. However lokcs for eveyone would not work.

Comment

^
                        exactly...

Comment

You should get dibs on vehicles based on rank or badge

Comment

Goddamn I hate people so much sometime like the people tonight who:

1) jumped in my MEC jeep parked on a hillside as I was nailing the Blackhawk and had it smoking, and proceeded to drive it down the cliff as I madly typed for him to stop. I can understand it if I'm just sitting at a flag, but I was off the beaten path, using the jeep to ambush the helicopter raping the flags in Mashtur or whatever, and the dude just didn't want to walk I guess. Ass hole.

2) On another map, the retard Blackhawk pilot who loads a chopper up with like 5 guys, me included, the proceeds to fly like a drunk out of bounds, until we're all punished and die. Practice flying on your own time!

Comment

If someone can't fly I will get in front of them and make them TK me. If they don't stop flying I get TKed until they are booted.

And if someone is my co pilot and won't get out I will just bail and crash. They get the idea after a while.

There is probably no way to actually claim ownership of a vehicle without major problems.

Maybe have rank of a vehicle kind of like with commander. Like say I am corporal with 1300 heli kills. If a private wants it he should not be able to get it if I want it.

Comment

Working...
                              X