New patch may kill commander position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Habloc
    No that's lovely too... You will probably have a limited amount of med- and ammokits, that you will have to refil from a suply drop...

please dont say thats what there gonna do.. that will ultimately ruin the game.
    "I NEED A MEDIC" *runs over to him*
    "sry i ran out, go over there and die."

Comment

I'm glad they are doing this. Hopefully my commanders arty will be down 90% of the time and it will stop him from dropping it on me when im capping a flag. These fu©king commanders are ruthless just to get 2 kills with arty. Instead of having highest rank to be commander it should be highest IQ, because most of these commanders on pubs are smacktards; although some do a goob job.

Comment

Originally posted by smegger
        please dont say thats what there gonna do.. that will ultimately ruin the game.
        "I NEED A MEDIC" *runs over to him*
        "sry i ran out, go over there and die."
        It's kinda silly with the medics and suport players that throw out 100 kits randomly all over the map...

Comment

Originally posted by Kleinzeit
          1) get in plane 2) fly to enemy base 3) bail out and mash 9 key. 4) Pwn engineers at range with nicely accurate Spec ops gun. 5) blow arty with c4 6) resupply off ammo box enemy commander drops. 7) rinse 8) repeat
          1) Repair
          2) Repeat

Comment

I wanted this change since the demo and now it is finally coming.
            It is totally fair to give points for taking those structures out. You have to take a long way, will most likely not kill anyone in the time, you can do only two structures before rearming and you do a valuable job for your team.
            Engineers get almost nothing for the repair, two points for three repaired assets if they are lucky and that should be changed, too. Then more engineers would defend the backbase...
            You could also give extra points for killing a spec op near the commanders assets. This would make it more rewarding defending the back base for all players.

It's sad that everything is about how many points you get in this game, even if it means sitting in the back of a blackhawk all day with a wrench in your hands, killing no one......

Comment

1) Repair
              2) Repeat
              Pfft. That would entail either getting an engy to do it on a pub server (good luck), or doing it yourself if you're an engy commander, which will likely get you shot by spec ops a lot and at the very least drag you away from your actual job which is helping your side as commander.

Comment

when I am a commander I am most of the time a engineer and repair the stuf itself or i drop a crate next to it

Comment

Im not too bothered, there should be lots more ways of getting points seeing as how you need ****ing loads to get anywhere if you want new guns. But I guess it will suck as commanders will be totally buggered up the arse. Well its not like you cant blow up those things now, its just people will want to actually do it. Artillery is damn annoying anyway, the UAV thing is decent but apart from that doesnt really matter.

Kinda sucks that each kit doesnt have their own ability. Medic is by far above the rest. And sometimes i want to play as someone else but then i wont get that many points as i would as its not like you cant kill people as a medic. so why be an assault troop as its basically the same.

Going alittle off topic, but yeah wait and see could be good could be ****, but as blowing up all the commander equipment gets you points more people will be doing it so there may be some more easy kills if you are in a FAV or APC you can just gun the area and rack up the kills of special forces.

Comment

Kinda sucks that each kit doesnt have their own ability. Medic is by far above the rest. And sometimes i want to play as someone else but then i wont get that many points as i would as its not like you cant kill people as a medic. so why be an assault troop as its basically the same.
                    ever used the suport class ? much more people needing ammo then there are needing medic help and the support weapon rocks, just go down and it becomes very acurate and low recoil this in combination with almost no reload (100 - 200 round) and you can kill tons of guys and getting lots of points giving people ammo

Comment

I play commander as often as possible
                      it realy 'hurts' to lose assets
                      so, if I am NOT the commander, I go spec ops and hit their assests
                      ( I am lame in 'in-close fighting' anyway, so this fits my style of play)
                      to defend my assets, yes, I sometimes use heavy amor, but this is poor choice as it, restricts its use by others on the front
                      so, l play either Eng and do my own repairs, this requires th use of some form of light armor with a mounted gun to hose Spec Ops,
                      or I use sniper gun, which from less than 100 yds I get 1 hit kill about 75% now

Comment

Originally posted by Habloc
                        It's kinda silly with the medics and suport players that throw out 100 kits randomly all over the map...

The most you can have out at a time is 5.

Comment

I love how people assume that because you will get points for destroying the commander's assets that they will some how automatically be destroyed all of the time. All you have to do as commander is play engineer and fix your own ****, or, better yet, drop a supply box next to your supplies and let that fix them. But thats not my biggest problem with this whole situation.

My biggest problem is that you all keep looking at this **** one-sided. As it is now, engineers get points for fixing the commander's assets, but spec ops don't get points for destroying them. Seems a little jacked to me. Also, if more people were to play spec ops to get points for blowing everything up, it would make sense that more people will play engineer to get points for fixing it. Well, maybe it won't make sense to some of you, since you cannot seem to understand the concept of balance, but thats besides the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Champion
                            The most you can have out at a time is 5.
                            That don't stop them from throwing them out randomly all over the map...

Comment

Originally posted by Kleinzeit
                              Man, you can't get people to defend a flag, even when it's worth points. Who thinks that people will realistically hang back to nanny commander assets?
                              IAWTC

Comment

Originally posted by TimberOwl
                                I don't think giving spec-ops points for blowing up commander assets is such a good idea, as what the thread starter posted. And, i have to add, if there are no artty, no scan, and no UAV. Then who will want to be commander? You won't get many points, and as a commander myself most of the time, im asked for orders all the time, if there is no commander, then who will give orders.... I think EA messed up again, but they are getting better, this will be one of the things that the engineers need to sort.

But at this rate, it seems like there will need to be a few engineers camping at the home base, to deal with the amount of spec-ops guys out there.

Think EA, THINK!

Commander score is based on the teams average....

Comment

Working...
                                X