New patch may kill commander position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New patch may kill commander position

EA might well have pleased the players of spec ops kits by giving them points for destroying arty etc, but I don't think it will be good for the game.

Firstly, no one is going to want to play commander with most of his assets blown away the majority of the time.

The commander is often alone at the back base, is is pretty likely to get pwned by a few spec ops repeatedly, if he is paying attention to his role.

Noone is going to hang back and defend the main base, because you'll get FA points doing it.

Do we really need to encourage the camping of back bases/untakeable flags? Sure it's fun doing it, but it totally sucks getting spawnkilled repeatedly.

For spec ops who think they are now going to get points for this, I would suggest it's way more likely that the planes will just farm the arty for more points, and you won't get many at all. As if we need to be giving pilots more points...

its a chore to get all the way back there.. and an engineer can just spawn and repair it.

Comment

solution : commander uses spec ops kit and hunts spec ops. all the while commanding his troops =D

Comment

"May"?

Will, man. Will.

Comment

ts a chore to get all the way back there.. and an engineer can just spawn and repair it.
          1) get in plane 2) fly to enemy base 3) bail out and mash 9 key. 4) Pwn engineers at range with nicely accurate Spec ops gun. 5) blow arty with c4 6) resupply off ammo box enemy commander drops. 7) rinse 8) repeat

solution : commander uses spec ops kit and hunts spec ops. all the while commanding his troops =D
          Part time commanders tend to be pretty sucky.

Don't forget, though, what this will mostly do is add a new source of points for bombers.

Comment

I usually stay back as a engineer, I don't find it that hard to take out a couple SF guys that wander into the base, cause I can just find them on the map. Also if stuff dose get blown up in the base, I tell the team, and a few of them will come back and clear out the enemies and repair.

I think SF should be getting points for that, even pilots, it does effect the game dramaticly and especially for SF, its very hard to get all the way into a enenmy base. I'll just be more vigilant if this is the case in the new patch.

Comment

New patch will just increase spec ops users per server from 65% to 80%. I may have to convert.

- Spec ops has the ability to kill both infantry and vehicles
              - The M4 is awesome /w scope and C4 is powerful
              - Quick on foot
              - Almost invisible to the commander
              - Points for destroying commander buildings in v1.03

& I'm still missing the Explosive Ordnance badge. :hmm:

Comment

ok guys lets not panic here. as the game evolves people will learn to counter this.
                maybe the comm can ask a squad to defend the comm assets. that will surprise any spec ops running around.
                maybe the comm can put c4 around his own assets then blow em up himself when a spec opcs comes along then ask an engy to repair it....oh god. i just realized this is an exploit in the making >_<

point is dont panic. people will learn to countre this....(or EA will make another patch)

Comment

/wonders if using C4 on the commander's stuff will count towards the explosives badge.

What I do know for sure is that not a squad on Earth is going to want to stand around defending stuff.

Comment

Man, you can't get people to defend a flag, even when it's worth points. Who thinks that people will realistically hang back to nanny commander assets?

Comment

Originally posted by Kleinzeit
                      Man, you can't get people to defend a flag, even when it's worth points. Who thinks that people will realistically hang back to nanny commander assets?
                      -dont loose hope =). its rare but there are people there who WILL defend. like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Comment

Disagree........ Spec ops deserve points for getting all the way back there to blow up assests and save countless lives doing it.

If half there team are trying this then, they will get raped at the control points and lose the game.

Taking out the commander assets is a primary tactic to win the game. Its up to the team being attacked to get a defence to it in order.

In the demo, when peeps cracked onto the tactic or were doing it a lot. Even if I wasnt commander, id go engineer, get the tank (talking about the mec base here) and sit across the run way and kill spec ops trying to attack assests. If they wers successful ans still about, go up to destroyed assest and repair by being in tank next to it.

Good move by EA, should have been in it from the start.

Comment

It's hard to be as confident as you about people giving a crap for the team. Very rare finding someone to defend, when they are all fighting for the next seat in the BH whorebus. We shall see.

Disagree........ Spec ops deserve points for getting all the way back there to blow up assests and save countless lives doing it.
                          Agreed, but since when have EA awarded points to people that deserve em? The weight of points always go to flyboys and pilots who are not for the most part team players.

If they are going to add this in then fine, but then they will need to add incentive pointswise to defend the assets, or commanders will be extinct. The blackhawk proves that people are on the whole more interested in points than teamwork in bf2.

Comment

heh, if your a commander, and you stupidly unlocked a .50 that cant oneshot kill....dont dispair, get up high, command, use that 50, and when a specops comes to set c4, rearm at your supply box, WASTE HIM, it really aint that hard

Comment

I don't think giving spec-ops points for blowing up commander assets is such a good idea, as what the thread starter posted. And, i have to add, if there are no artty, no scan, and no UAV. Then who will want to be commander? You won't get many points, and as a commander myself most of the time, im asked for orders all the time, if there is no commander, then who will give orders.... I think EA messed up again, but they are getting better, this will be one of the things that the engineers need to sort.

But at this rate, it seems like there will need to be a few engineers camping at the home base, to deal with the amount of spec-ops guys out there.

Think EA, THINK!

Comment

Working...
                              X