X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long did the round go for?

Comment

• My Theory:

firstly, lets look at the name of the ribbon. war college ribbon. this could mean a few things.

war college. to go to college you need to be good at school. it would work in the same way for the game, people who do well in the game go to war college.

secondly look at its description. its written right there.

"Awarded to recognize acheivements which, through their dedication and gallantry, have set the individual apart and above other commanders"

words like dedication means it could be that you need to have a higher commander score than teamwork score. or you need to be in the top 100 commanders, or maybe you need 75 hours not 50. both people who have the war college ribbon have over 75 hours.

look at this

the requirements for veteran command are

15,000 commander points
      33 minutes as commander in one game.

Command Proficiency: Skilled
      Command Qualification: Outstanding.

now, Commander Proficiency for the w.c ribbon is Good, and the Qualification Outstanding. so we know that the Qualification (total time in one round) is the same for both the vet badge and the ribbon, (33 minutes in one round) and the proficiency (total commander score) for the ribbon is less than the vet badge (15,000) (global commander score - could be 10,000)

ok. so we know that you need 33 minutes in one round, and at least 10,000 global points.

now. have a look at the staff officer ribbon.

Command Rating: Satisfactory. this is the commander score in one round which for the staff officer ribbon you need 50. outstanding is 3 levels higher than satisfactory so im guessing youl'll need 75+ if not 100+ (excluding the 2x bonus). put it all together and you have

Commander Proficiency: (10,000)
      Commander Rating: (~75 -100+ in one game)
      Commander Qualification: (33 minutes in one round)

I believe 50 global commander hours is not part of the criteria. all we need now is for someone to test it

Comment

• im at 7500 now and will reach the 10k mark in a couple days if i have some good round, time is near 60 hours now so ill let you know (unless people are much closer to me)

Comment

• Originally posted by iWu
          Spare me the amature search engine education friend, I have a degree in mathematics and another in programming and deal with more ratios and data per day than you can imagine.

It's 1:3 or better
          You need to go back to school then. I have an Economics degree and I deal with math every day of my life.

Ratios are fractions. Now just figure it out from there. What does it mean to have a ratio greater than 3? Whatever your numerator is, must be more than 3 times your denominator. 3 to 1 is a ratio of 3. 3 divided by 1 = 3. I'm sure you're a math major but it seems you just forgot how ratios work.

Comment

• Look guys.

On UBAR it says 3:1
            On this site (a typo) it says 1:3

I think both mean 3:1 and it means three times as many kills as deaths.

And by the way. That requirement is probably wrong anyway. So stop this stupid discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnysanchez
              My Theory:

firstly, lets look at the name of the ribbon. war college ribbon. this could mean a few things.

war college. to go to college you need to be good at school. it would work in the same way for the game, people who do well in the game go to war college.

secondly look at its description. its written right there.

"Awarded to recognize acheivements which, through their dedication and gallantry, have set the individual apart and above other commanders"

words like dedication means it could be that you need to have a higher commander score than teamwork score. or you need to be in the top 100 commanders, or maybe you need 75 hours not 50. both people who have the war college ribbon have over 75 hours.

look at this

the requirements for veteran command are

15,000 commander points
              33 minutes as commander in one game.

Command Proficiency: Skilled
              Command Qualification: Outstanding.

now, Commander Proficiency for the w.c ribbon is Good, and the Qualification Outstanding. so we know that the Qualification (total time in one round) is the same for both the vet badge and the ribbon, (33 minutes in one round) and the proficiency (total commander score) for the ribbon is less than the vet badge (15,000) (global commander score - could be 10,000)

ok. so we know that you need 33 minutes in one round, and at least 10,000 global points.

now. have a look at the staff officer ribbon.

Command Rating: Satisfactory. this is the commander score in one round which for the staff officer ribbon you need 50. outstanding is 3 levels higher than satisfactory so im guessing youl'll need 75+ if not 100+ (excluding the 2x bonus). put it all together and you have

Commander Proficiency: (10,000)
              Commander Rating: (~75 -100+ in one game)
              Commander Qualification: (33 minutes in one round)

I believe 50 global commander hours is not part of the criteria. all we need now is for someone to test it
              wow, very detailed. only one thing wrong though. 'Command Qualification' isnt that total time spent, not per round? now im not sure that you brought this up, you could be correct. its a good starting ground, but im not sure its accurate. for example, look at the armor and aviator ribbons. both have 'vehicle qualification: satisfactory' , however one requires you to be in it for 15 minutes, while the other 20. I think maybe these figures are ballparks. plus, one of the guys who has it, G3157, posts on Planetbattlefield and he said he got the ribbon when he hit his 45th commander point in one round... hmm this is very puzzling

Comment

• Well I spent the last couple days getting my Chiniese wins up to 100. So I had over 100 wins under each army. Then I tried again tongiht, scored 58 in one round...still nothing. I suppose the next thing to do is get my command points up to 10,000 and try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by excalibur69
                  wow, very detailed. only one thing wrong though. 'Command Qualification' isnt that total time spent, not per round? now im not sure that you brought this up, you could be correct. its a good starting ground, but im not sure its accurate. for example, look at the armor and aviator ribbons. both have 'vehicle qualification: satisfactory' , however one requires you to be in it for 15 minutes, while the other 20. I think maybe these figures are ballparks. plus, one of the guys who has it, G3157, posts on Planetbattlefield and he said he got the ribbon when he hit his 45th commander point in one round... hmm this is very puzzling
                  if you look at the staff officer ribbon it has commander qualification as satisfactory, and the requirement is being commander for 28 minutes in one game, and doesnt require you to have a certain amount of global commander time. its the same criteria with the wc. ribbon but the qualification is outstanding meaning you need to be commander longer in the one round. this is why so few people have it because its hard to get 40+ minutes on one round on a 100% ticket server unless theres a situation where there is only 10 people in a 64 player map

if you also look at planetbattlefields awards section it says for Commander Qualification - time spent as commander, not total time. so one would assume its time spent in one round.

Comment

• Sanches is right. Look at my other post. There is no global time requirement.

/ Deus

Comment

Working...
                    X