War College Ribbon = stupid one ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rombaft
    no it realy is 1:3 al a minimum, so when you have been killed like 3000 times you need at least 1000 kills or more
    you got it backwards man, when you have been killed 1000 times, you need at least 3000 kills.

It's a commander award, you need 3 kills for every 1 death. Of your "decisions" (kill or death), at least 75% need to be kills. I don't know how else to put it.

Comment

It's a kill to death ratio, not death to kill.
      So in order to get the ribbon you must have at least 3 kills for every death.
      Get your K/D ratio by dividing your kills by your deaths (kills/deaths).
      If that number is bigger than three...you're in good shape for the ribbon, but I doubt it's that high.

Comment

I don't think that's too hard, if you stayed in a jet or a chopper you could work up the kills. I'm already 2000:1000 (roughly) atm.

Comment

You'd probably have to do your 50 hours as commander right away in order to get that thing. As a commander, it'd be pretty easy to get an absurd K/D since you can just hide and artillerize people.

Who'd want to play commander for 50 hours straight is beyond me though.

Comment

Originally posted by JarEme
            Who'd want to play commander for 50 hours straight is beyond me though.
            50 Global Hours as Commander, not 50 hours straight. :laugh:

Comment

I didn't say you needed to play it straight; I said you'd want to play it straight so you don't have all of those infantry-based deaths hurting your ratio.

Comment

The only problem is that sometimes, I die more than I kill

Comment

Originally posted by unknown-soldier
                  The only problem is that sometimes, I die more than I kill
                  ^ noob

Comment

Damn thats going to be hard, especially when I already have 4,628 kills and 3,980 deaths
                    Im looking at a 1.16 fragrate

Comment

some of the requirments for those ribbons and stuff are stupid but in time someone will have them all

Comment

Originally posted by Spookie
                        I don't think that's too hard, if you stayed in a jet or a chopper you could work up the kills. I'm already 2000:1000 (roughly) atm.
                        so you would have to go 1000-0 to get it. If someone has already put in several hours and doesn't have a ratio above or at least close to 3:1, they aren't going to get this ribbon without changing their style of play. I guess they could play commander for a long time.

I don't like the idea of having the K ratio as a requirement for one of the awards, it just discourages team-play. I'd rather have a player who was 10-20 but helped the team, than a sniper or somebody who was 20-2 and just tried not to die.

Comment

many of the medals are crazy, like spending thousands of hours in game before you can earn something. that is just stupid

Comment

I agree, that is an extremely absurd requirement. I just dont know how UBAR knows what you need for it though...

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur69
                              its a 3:1 kill:death, meaning if you have 2000 deaths, you need over 6000 kills, which is really damn gay, cause if you have over around 500 points, it will be almost impossible to achieve that ratio if you are about 1:1

I can teach you how to play Battlefield 2 if you want?

"Janie, please"

Comment

Originally posted by unknown-soldier
                                Ok it says

War College Ribbon :
                                · Commander Score of 45 in 1 Round
                                · 50 Global Hours as Commander
                                · Global Kill to Death Ratio Must be Greater than 1:3

so that means my deaths must be three times greater than my kills ? Sorry if is that i'm not interested in that ribbon
                                To tell u the truth has anyone got this ribbon yet?? If not, the info can still be incorrect. Maybe it is 3:1 or maybe 1:3. I think it is 1:3, it is pretty much impossible to spend 50 hours on commander mode (for normal bf2 play) and retain a 3:1 death ratio. Unless like someone said that u start going to the ribbon right at start of you account etc. But I can't believe Dice putting that kind of requirement, reason being is that all other ribbon is easy enough to get as long as u spend the time in the game. With a requirement of 3:1 it is impossible for 95% of everyone else. Don't forget it is only a ribbon not a medal, which are alot harder to get (beside from the basic gold silver broze purpleheart).

Comment

Working...
                                X