No announcement yet.

Timeshift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a crossbow as a snipers weapon is lame. I can see the obvious "balance" issue to increase fun from gameplay, but still. A crossbow? At least in HL it served a purpose, it was originally a tranquilizer gun that you could use underwater.

Comment

You're clutching at straws when you're saying it's copying Half Life because you can use a Crossbow.

I've never really liked Crossbows in-game, I'd much rather use a Bow, it would be much more fun to use.

Comment

Scoll back, I never said the game was a copy of HL because of the crossbow. As a matter of fact, I oppose that silly notion as the game is nothing like HL. I just dislike the idea of using a crossbow as a sniper weapon when god knows, a bullet does more damage and is more accurate.

They probably took that idea from HL as to not to use sniper rifles. Sniper rifles in SP games are "easy mode". But at least in HL1, the weapon wasnt really used as a sniper gun, at least when we look at the spot where we found it.

Comment

I never said that you did.

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
          Im amused that they are using a crossbow as a snipers weapon (just like in HL) though...
          You did imply that it was copying Half Life though.

Comment

Even if I did, I implied at the stupid idea of not using a sniper rifle when every other weapon is a firearm. Are you going to dig in technicalities or are we moving forward? Im sorry to offend you for critisizing your favourite game. Time for you to get the meaning behind the words and not count how many letters I used.

Comment

the game wasn't bad but i don't think its good enough imo to buy

Comment

well now that I think of it, the crossbow in timeshift shoots this orange orb-like grenade that sticks to the target and then explodes. So the advantage of this over using a gun with bullets is you can pause/slow down time, shoot the 5 enemies surrounding you with the corssbow-grenade, unpause/speed up and watch them all explode at the same time.

there are sniper rifles in timeshift, btw

Comment

That is some good stuff, I never noticed them exploding and then again, I based my opinion solely on the Demo and probably missed it.

Comment

Okay you obviously want this to escalate, so i'll oblige you.

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
                    Even if I did...
                    You did, problem solved.

...I implied at the stupid idea of not using a sniper rifle when every other weapon is a firearm.
                    No you didnt.

Are you going to dig in technicalities or are we moving forward? Im sorry to offend you for critisizing your favourite game. Time for you to get the meaning behind the words and not count how many letters I used.

How have you come to the conclusion that it's my favourite game? Because i disagree with your opinion?

What do you mean technicalities? It's what you implied. Perhaps you should "learn the meaning behind the words" before you try to ******** me, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis908 View Post
                      Okay you obviously want this to escalate, so i'll oblige you.
                      Ironic. Since youre escalating it yourself.

You did, problem solved.

No you didnt.
                      How very mature

How have you come to the conclusion that it's my favourite game? Because i disagree with your opinion?
                      Its called sarcasm, try it without lube.

What do you mean technicalities? It's what you implied. Perhaps you should "learn the meaning behind the words" before you try to ******** me, eh?
                      I didnt impy that Timeshift is a ripoff of Half Life. Scroll back and re-read what I wrote. Youre obviously confusing me with someone else as someone who posted prior to my post said it. I was hinting at the crossbow, nothing more nothing less.

Seriously, find something else to b!tch about. Youre fvcking annoying.

Comment

Ironic. Since youre escalating it yourself.
                        Well i did say i'd oblige you.

How very mature
                        What isn't mature about that? Or more to the point, isn't that hypocritical based on your next comment?

Its called sarcasm, try it without lube.
                        It's poor sarcasm is what it is. You should probably try not to use it, since it obviously doesnt work for you.

I didnt impy that Timeshift is a ripoff of Half Life. Scroll back and re-read what I wrote. Youre obviously confusing me with someone else as someone who posted prior to my post said it. I was hinting at the crossbow, nothing more nothing less.
                        I never said that you said Timeshift is a Half Life rip-off. What i did, was make the point that if the only comparison between the two is the crossbow, then anyone saying it is like Half Life is clutching at straws.

Seriously, find something else to b!tch about. Youre fvcking annoying.
                        Time of the month, eh?

I'm not the one bitching; I'm simply setting you straight.

Comment

Amusing, youve been escalating this whole argument based on what you believe was a comparision between two games. Poof, out of nothing. I do like to play these games, but youre obviously a moron if you think theres any validity in what youre moaning about. But lets get on with it.

It's poor sarcasm is what it is. You should probably try not to use it, since it obviously doesnt work for you.
                          Its poor sarcasm only if it hit the mark. Judging by the bitching and moaning you show, I scored a bullseye.

I never said that you said Timeshift is a Half Life rip-off. What i did, was make the point that if the only comparison between the two is the crossbow, then anyone saying it is like Half Life is clutching at straws.
                          Straight out lie. Your post came right after mine, and I was the only one who said that both games used crossbow in an unusual manner (as a sniper weapon). Its a COMPARISION, if I used the word PLAGIARISM or COPYING, you might stand some ground, but I specifically focused on the misuse of a weapon in both cases. Get it through your thick skull. Im not comparing the two games to identify which one copied another. I compared the illogical use of a certain weapon in both games.

[/quote]Time of the month, eh?[/quote]

Im not the one who cant let go. Try harder. Bitching and moaning will not get you far, use some productive arguments.

I'm not the one bitching; I'm simply setting you straight.
                          How? Youre setting me staight how? Where do I need to be set straight? Did I say TS was a HL ripoff? No. And thats the only ground you ever had. Try harder, youre obviously fishing for an argument. If thats the case, we can continue with skullf****** you.

Comment

Amusing, youve been escalating this whole argument based on what you believe was a comparision between two games. Poof, out of nothing. I do like to play these games, but youre obviously a moron if you think theres any validity in what youre moaning about. But lets get on with it.
                            First of all, in what you said you did compare the two games, notice comparison highlighted in bold in the quotation below. Secondly, what am i moaning about exactly? Because it's something i seem to be missing.

Its poor sarcasm only if it hit the mark. Judging by the bitching and moaning you show, I scored a bullseye.
                            What does that even mean, lol.

Straight out lie. Your post came right after mine, and I was the only one who said that both games used crossbow in an unusual manner (as a sniper weapon). Its a COMPARISION, if I used the word PLAGIARISM or COPYING, you might stand some ground, but I specifically focused on the misuse of a weapon in both cases. Get it through your thick skull. Im not comparing the two games to identify which one copied another. I compared the illogical use of a certain weapon in both games.
                            Actually, the post i was referencing was your previous post. The person to post first after that was Tomeis.

But you're right i was referencing your post, a fact i've not denied. But i wasn't referring to you as someone who thinks Timeshift is copying Half Life. You just need to "Get it through your thick skull".

Im not the one who cant let go. Try harder. Bitching and moaning will not get you far, use some productive arguments.
                            And I'm not letting go until we come to a reasonable conclusion, or you shut up. You're hardly proving that you can "let go" by responding to my every post either.

And i think if you compare our two arguments (something you're very good at, lol), you'll find that mine is by far the least bitchy and has the least moaning and is generally the most productive of the two.

How? Youre setting me staight how? Where do I need to be set straight? Did I say TS was a HL ripoff? No. And thats the only ground you ever had. Try harder, youre obviously fishing for an argument.
                            How? You've jumped to the wrong conclusion, and i'm setting you straight, simple as. I'm not fishing for an argument, the problem is you misinterpreted what was said and are now on the offensive, failing to adhere to reasoning.

If anything, my post complimented yours.

If thats the case, we can continue with skullf****** you.
                            We?

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis908 View Post
                              First of all, in what you said you did compare the two games, notice comparison highlighted in bold in the quotation below. Secondly, what am i moaning about exactly? Because it's something i seem to be missing.
                              Did you actually read the sentences or did your eyes get stuck on the word "comparision" when your brain squirted off an emotion of pain and hurt when the names "Timeshift" and "Half Life" were used in the same sentence?

What does that even mean, lol.
                              Oh god...

But you're right i was referencing your post, a fact i've not denied. But i wasn't referring to you as someone who thinks Timeshift is copying Half Life. You just need to "Get it through your thick skull".
                              Then I dont get it, why are you still moaning? If you didnt refer to me as someone who thinks TS is copying HL, what is this about? Are you just arguining for the sake of it, or should this have somesort of productive outcome? Because youve set it straight for yourself right now.

And I'm not letting go until we come to a reasonable conclusion, or you shut up. You're hardly proving that you can "let go" by responding to my every post either.
                              :laugh:

The reasonable conclusion is that I didnt compare the two games, I merely said that in both games a certain weapon was used inappropriately. You took it as a comparision and even specifically stated so. Youre the one who was stretching for straws.

And i think if you compare our two arguments (something you're very good at, lol), you'll find that mine is by far the least bitchy and has the least moaning and is generally the most productive of the two.
                              Thats the thing, your arguments are based on a completely retarded notion that when I compared the use of a certain weapon in both games and deemed their function as inappropriate, you blew it all out of proportion and started sucking me off for drama.

How? You've jumped to the wrong conclusion, and i'm setting you straight, simple as. I'm not fishing for an argument, the problem is you misinterpreted what was said and are now on the offensive, failing to adhere to reasoning.
                              You still havent been able to tell me how exactly did you correct me.

If anything, my post complimented yours.
                              Me: lolz, HL and TS use crossbows as sniper weapons, doesnt make any sense. At least HL1 had a good explanation for the crossbow being in the game

You: if youre using crossbows to compare the two games, youre stretching for straws

Me: WTF? GTFO!

Youre irritating.

Comment

Did you actually read the sentences or did your eyes get stuck on the word "comparision" when your brain squirted off an emotion of pain and hurt when the names "Timeshift" and "Half Life" were used in the same sentence?
                                It's all in your quote, where you say how you were making a comparison between the two games.

Oh god...
                                You dont know either, do you? Lol.

Then I dont get it, why are you still moaning? If you didnt refer to me as someone who thinks TS is copying HL, what is this about? Are you just arguining for the sake of it, or should this have somesort of productive outcome? Because youve set it straight for yourself right now.
                                I'm not moaning, you are; because you thought i was referring to you as someone who thinks Timeshift is copying Half Life.

All i'm doing is contradicting that by saying what i was in fact doing, but you're such a drama queen you're completely unwilling to listen to reason.

This should have had a productive outcome, but i think you're way past that now.

The reasonable conclusion is that I didnt compare the two games, I merely said that in both games a certain weapon was used inappropriately. You took it as a comparision and even specifically stated so. Youre the one who was stretching for straws.
                                You keep contradicting yourself.

The person i responded previously to and you were responding to (i assume) said that Timeshift is too much like Half Life. To which you said the only thing similar is the Crossbow. To which i said if that's the only thing that's similar then anyone who makes that assumption is clutching at straws.

Thats the thing, your arguments are based on a completely retarded notion that when I compared the use of a certain weapon in both games and deemed their function as inappropriate, you blew it all out of proportion and started sucking me off for drama.
                                Are you going to tell me what the notion was, or are you going to leave that idea of a notion floating? I dont think you actually have a clue what you're saying.

You're talking about me blowing things out of proportion? Take a look at what you've said here, and for what reason.

You still havent been able to tell me how exactly did you correct me.
                                I've corrected you countless times in this argument, you're either too blind with PMS or too stupid to have noticed.

Me: lolz, HL and TS use crossbows as sniper weapons, doesnt make any sense. At least HL1 had a good explanation for the crossbow being in the game

You: if youre using crossbows to compare the two games, youre stretching for straws

Me: WTF? GTFO!
                                You see, there you have it. You're still unable to comprehend what i was saying. And you also show where you (albeit in a primitive way) over react and "blow it out of proportion".

I'll ammend "my" statement for you.

Me: If you're basing your argument for Timeshift being a copy of Half Life on both games' use of crossbows, then you're clutching at straws.

Youre irritating.
                                Oh, now that was harsh.

Comment

Working...
                                X