No announcement yet.

Titan attack gold badge changed by EA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanx Porthos! Heh...Carbine and APM, well that works too, April 17th, 2007 thats when I still had a nice office to play in

Comment

Yeah thanks Porthos. Reading that thread refreshed my memory for a few strategies to try. I had kinda given hope on that badge a while back, until I recently got my Titan Defense Gold, without even trying for it. Let's say it revived my interest

Comment

Was fresh in my mind because I've been trying for the elusive gold attack badge. I was tired of not even having a bronze but all the requirements for gold LOL!

Comment

wtf it's been a year and some people still think shooting titan guns count???? this is ridiculous, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
            wtf it's been a year and some people still think shooting titan guns count???? this is ridiculous, lol.
            You missed it, so does the new EA/DICE guy.

Comment

hehehe. In french, there's a saying that would aproximately translate to: "Memory is a faculty that tends to forget" :laugh: Well, I think that I must be the one who haven't been active for a while, since you are also one I'm pleasently surprised to still see online. After all, you've been Brig. general for quite a wuile now Can I add you to my buddy list?

Comment

I got both gold badges in a 64 Suez server, it's the only way possible, the more people on the server, the better for you, even if it lags to high hell.

Comment

I say again. take FISh Hi Fish whats that smell oh its fishy....

He is the ultimate defense on a titan. Always on top his titan Voss in hand.

DROP APMS. he loves them. Like the irish minesweeper stamp stamp stamp

go for it

Pod onto a Timeless suex titan and throw apms like its raining them he likes them loves them collects them So far he has errrr two sadly they go off in his face fish face

he loves it laughs a lot says hohoho another apm

actually i am the FISH fan club hes the best

Edit
                  What the hell have I written I must have had a few extra that night lol. Sorry Fish old buddy .

Comment

LOL im o the only one who do my attack i think it is by stat pading wiht my clan or are thare others out thare

Comment

But for defense gold I think you can get a very nice head start camping titan guns. At least it rewards kills with Titan defense pin. I finally got my time requirement done and was nicely making very good progress towards the defense badge when the game froze

This is what I think is the best way to get them. Get a server where titans are able to move and usually move very close to each other. And there are not huge distances. Suez is perfect for this since the distances are short. Shubia is usually the worst case. Reasoning here is that usually titan gun spammers make the flag capping not so lucrative option and "forcing" people to do something. Usually attack or defend titan. And you need to have more than 32 people on the server since people crave for kills and thus making them leave the very defendable corridors to get them. The best way to get titan attack bonuses is to wait for them come to you on the upper deck and in the lower deck. Especially it is more efficient for you to land on the lower deck since they less used and you are not stuck on the vent.

Titan proximity guarantees you a quick come-back to battle. The main goal is to kill at least one enemy with every hop. And if you have the luxury of seeing a group of attackers/defenders their backs on you (like seeing from the vent a group of attackers nading a corridor) , just shoot one and then retreat from the scene to wait for the titan bonus text to dissappear and then repeat the process.

Comment

Titan guns don't count toward Titan attack badge. Period.

Ways to get it. Well, it's pretty much a necessity to be squad leader and have a beacon placed on the top of the titan. Otherwise, you simply won't be on the enemy titan long enough to get to 30 kills. It's also really handy if you've got a lot of keen titan defenders who're podding onto the titan to fight. Otherwise, I'd suggest going recon and placing APM mines in vents and round the floor of the enemy titan. That or using the clark.

Lastly, don't destroy the enemy titan too quickly! It took me ages to get this badge and destruction of the titan was usually the thing that prevented me from getting 30 kills.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJambo
                          Titan guns don't count toward Titan attack badge. Period.

Ways to get it. Well, it's pretty much a necessity to be squad leader and have a beacon placed on the top of the titan. Otherwise, you simply won't be on the enemy titan long enough to get to 30 kills. It's also really handy if you've got a lot of keen titan defenders who're podding onto the titan to fight. Otherwise, I'd suggest going recon and placing APM mines in vents and round the floor of the enemy titan. That or using the clark.

Lastly, don't destroy the enemy titan too quickly! It took me ages to get this badge and destruction of the titan was usually the thing that prevented me from getting 30 kills.

I've come 5 times in a row to licking distance of getting the 30 kills needed. I even took time to wait for the text to dissappear before next kill. It just gets under my skin to see 4 titan def pins and be short 2 kills like it happened to me last night on 3 consecutive rounds.

And why not the titan guns kills would not count? Since the game rewards kills done in your titan with "titan defense bonus" texts and when you kill 7 you get titan defense pin. The same happens when you shoot 7 guys on the ground --> pin. I think the main thing is that when the enemy dies you have to be in/on your titan. So placing MM/APM on the silos --> dying and then respawning to see some guy tp step on your mine on the silo counts.

In my opinion the game counts all kills through any means, be they lobbed motion mines to ground, titan AA, shooting some poor shod on the ground while still standing on the titan, with the titan defense bonus +1.

This leads to getting a head start before the actual invasion of your titan.

Conversely I suppose it pays off to stand on the enemy titan and lob motion mines on the enemy hangar roof shield. A very bad sport, but to get the bagde I'm ready to resort to dirty tricks.

Comment

titan gun kills count for defense, but destroying titan guns don't count towards anything. got it??

Comment

titan gun kills count for defense, but destroying titan guns don't count towards anything. got it??
                              Don't waste your breath Minmaster. A lot of people already know, but I think this debate will live on forever, even if we all scream it in unison :laugh:

Comment

Yes. And that's the point I was trying to make.

I was mainly talking about defensive gold badge. You could still earn attack bonuses by spamming MM on the hangar roof or dropping them from the enemy titan on the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X