Titan attack gold badge changed by EA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titan attack gold badge changed by EA

I contacted EA, because it took me and attack score of 20 to get the silver titan attack badge. And everytime I got a titan attack score of 30 I never received the award. I finally got the titan attack gold, but it took a titan attack score of 40 to get it. Here is what EA said regarding the matter of 20,silver badge & 30, goldbadge(gold the one I was working on) titan attack score:

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting EA Game Support.

Unfortunately, it does not appear that you have met all the requirements for the ribbon, badge or rank you are referencing. Many fan websites which display requirements for ribbons, ranks and badges may not be accurate as this information has not official been released.

We recommend using these fan sites as reference or guides only and not as official documented requirements. Please understand that the decision not to release this information was made for the integrity of the game and the excitement that reward and challenge brings. We hope that you’ll continue to try to reach your goals and keep fighting!

Sincerely,

EARep Roger
    Player Relations
    Electronic Arts. Customer (Dustin xxxxxxxx)10/13/2007 08:15 PM Not being awarded Badges when meeting requirements.

You've got to be kidding- 30 attack points is hard enough to get- If the requirement is 40 for the gold that's just silly

Comment

No

On topic, I got my last week with a Titan Attack Score of 30.

Comment

Same, i got mine a long time ago and then it was 30

Comment

It is strange. they don't make any reference to the actual target.

Perhaps its a standard answer for any queries over badges etc.

Comment

It's been said before, but if you kill too many in one go (say by grenade or rdx) it won't register all of the kills as titan attack score towards the badge (you get the same sort of problem with the Titan Destructor Pin when shooting out the titan guns too quickly). This makes the badge seem a bit hit and miss at times.

I killed 34 on the titan for my badge many moons ago. I assume the game is just counting titan attack score awarded rather than kills.

Comment

Originally posted by Ix_Mac_xI
              It's been said before, but if you kill too many in one go (say by grenade or rdx) it won't register all of the kills as titan attack score towards the badge (you get the same sort of problem with the Titan Destructor Pin when shooting out the titan guns too quickly). This makes the badge seem a bit hit and miss at times.

I killed 34 on the titan for my badge many moons ago. I assume the game is just counting titan attack score awarded rather than kills.
              Aaah that's probably what happened to me. I still don't have this badge, even after trying hard to get it. I ALWAYS play titan assault, but I usually wind up either blowing thru their D, or it's so stacked I just die over and over and go back to silos. A week or so ago I encountered the perfect scenario to get the badge. A few low skill guys hell bent on camping the top of their titan and the vents. I killed 36 of them, before their titan went up, but didn't get the badge. But thinking about it, they tended to group up alot "same squad maybe?" and I killed them several at a time more than a few times "pk's, frags & rdx". I was so pissed that I didn't get it....

Comment

I love EA's pre written response...what do you wanna bet that someone only read enough to know this is concerning a badge and just hit Ctrl+V from a pre written document with out concerning over resolving the issue. How hard would it have been to say well there is a known issue with killing to many ppl at once, try taking that into account. I got well over the required 30 kills with explosives in the past but kept not getting the badge. It wasn't until I took a Voss to the Titan deck that I was finally able to get my 30 attack points and I have now manage to do the same with a combo of the Zeller and APM (only a hand full of them were with the APMs, that how I was able to keep track of the attack points). Thats twice, without using all explosives that I was able to get 30+ attack points, so very rare.

Comment

That may be the case, but before the sheild went down I destroyed several titan guns(eight attack points, two pins awarded), then the sheild went down and I boarded their titan, all of my kills where with the Ganz and when I killed the 32nd(attack point awared) person, the award instantly awared, after the 31st one there was about a two minute delay until the 32nd one was killed, right as the titan was exploding and I was leaving. I still get the impression from this reply I got from them that they changed it.

Comment

TITAN GUNS DONT COUNT!

excuse me while i go kill myself....

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                      TITAN GUNS DONT COUNT!

excuse me while i go kill myself....
                      I so feel your pain, but proofs the point yet again that EA didn't read that letter thru, nor gave any consideration to the answer.

Comment

I hope the EA email wasn't a direct quote. Not only copy paste, but grammatically incorrect.

"information has not official been released."

What, is Roger an exported worker using Google translator?

Comment

Thats probable, this is EA we are talking about...

Comment

The attack score is not hard, defend the roof of the enemy titan when theres alot of defenders the points rack up fast 30 points is easy.

Comment

Timeless Suez. Easy badge if you can hop and spam rdx. Or just throw apms about. Fish loves apms. He is inevitably drawn towards them like moths and bright lights. He will gladly die 30 times just for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X