team fortress 2 and bf2142

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• team fortress 2 and bf2142

after playing tf2 for a month i feel like a newbie playing bf2142 again. the first thing i noticed was the graphics. i used to think bf2142's 1600x1400 graphic was nice and smooth. but after playing on a real complete full screen 1920x1200 tf2 i can't even look at bf2142 now without wincing...

then there's the walking speed. at first i couldn't get used to how fast the overall movement is on tf2, now i feel like a turtle on bf2142 when i sprint lol

fortunately i can still pilot walkers and apcs and blow **** up. when im feeling unsatisfied cuz i can't run around and torch people as pyro i can still do some rdx bunny hopping and that always puts a smile on m face lol

TF2 is brilliant and very addictive.

Comment

My thread on the first TF2 machinima

Nice video if you got a couple minutes.

Comment

Im a very deadly spy

Comment

Can't afford the game

Comment

Originally posted by <TlXl> vika09
            Can't afford the game
            dude you have steam yea?

i might have a guy who i can gift it to you for free.

Dont get your hopes up but i will try.

Comment

Yeah, TF2 is my new favorite game and trying to play 2142 afterwards can be challenging. I've learned to play a few rounds of 2142, then go for a little TF2 action afterwards.

I'm a pretty effective Pyro and Engineer. I'm trying to learn to be a good Demoman and Scout. This game has the best Spies I've seen implemented with disguises, complete invisibility and a fatal backstab.

Comment

I want to try this game out ! Looks hell lot of fun

Comment

TF2 is crazy-fun, but a whole different game from 2142. I play TF2 with mind towards having a good laugh and some fun. 2142 I play for fun, naturally, but I'm also more serious about it. Probably the art direction is what makes my attitude so. You just look at stuff/characters in TF2 and want to bust out laughing at the characatures. =P

Comment

I played one round of TF2, mostly bought Orange Box for Portal, but TF2 is alot of fun.

Now Portal...thats a fun game!

Comment

I can see that there is no demo available of TF2, could you give a short introduction to what kind of game it is?

The speed and design make me think it might be a "bunnyhopping" game?

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
                        I can see that there is no demo available of TF2, could you give a short introduction to what kind of game it is?

The speed and design make me think it might be a "bunnyhopping" game?
                        It is faster-paced than BF2/2142, but not by that much. While you can technically bunny-hop, you get no advantage for it in-game. There are movement and weapon-use restrictions which prevent it from being the negative movement you are referring to.

TF2 is a different kind of shooter. Each class has several advantages and disadvantages that forces players to work together to overcome either their own or their opposition's weaknesses.

I play as a Pyro a lot. I have a melee weapon of a Axe, a short-medium range Shotgun and a primary weapon of a Flamethrower which has a very short range. I am very vulnerable to ranged attacks and have no response to medium-long range targets. Thus, I partner with someone like a Demoman who has great ranged-fire, but is extremely vulnerable in close quarters.

The game play is what makes this game enjoyable. The graphics are cartoon-like, but surprisingly sophisticated and enjoyable to behold. The humor which runs rampant throughout the game keeps me laughing aloud each time I play.

The various weapons for each class makes it fun to switch things up. If you feel like "traditional shooting" you can play Sniper. If you want to hang back and defend while being a good team player, be an Engineer. The Heavy+Medic combo is frequently the round-winner, so if you want fame and fortune they are the ticket. A Scout is fast and deadly. Excetera, excetera.

Basically, I enjoy it a lot.

Comment

Thanks, it sounds like might be worth a try.

Comment

I'd think that Battlefield players would really enjoy the Spy, the Sniper and the Scout.

The Spy looks to be a lot of fun. As a Pyro, they are my prey, though, so they die a lot. =) But, they get great disguises and have complete invisibility for limited time.

The Sniper is a great shooter. Duh! He also has a SMG and a machete, so he is a good all around fighter. If you can snipe close quarters in BF2142, you'll have a blast here.

The Scout would be perfect for anyone with a good aim because while the Scout is fast, he also has a potent shotgun and accurate pistol. If you can aim on the move, the Scout is a great choice.

Also, the Medic is a cool dude who heals folks, allows for there to be an invincibility element to the game and has a decent short-range "hypogun" and an extremely lethal Bonesaw as a melee weapon. That "knife" of his is very, very dangerous in the hands of a skilled medic. It can be kinda startling to be attacked with one, too -- let alone humiliating...

Comment

I just got done playing a few rounds.

I'm a classic rocket whore, I really enjoy the soldier class. In many of the old games I played I either played rockets or railgun, this game brings both back to classic goodness.

Comment

Working...
                              X