Playing with ponies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing with ponies

I must of played with one of the biggest yesterday on the 3rd Armored cavalry server.

At the beginning of the round i sprinted towards the gunship on the titan and was the 1st to reach it and hit F2 because i preffer to play gunner. A short second later someone jumps on the pilot seat and starts saying "Out out out" My immediate thought is "WTF" He goes on and on to get out. I ask why and he says because his buddy has ventrilo. When i looked at the squads i see one named "air" and it is locked. I type in that i don't care, there are no reserves and i was even nice enough to even let him be pilot. He then asks for me to get booted because i don't want to get out. That's what really p1ssed me off. I told him to F off, that he has no right to claim the gunship, he is no one and it's not his server. So after that his buddy just says to take off. So he does and intentionally drives it into the ground, of course i knew he was gonna do that so i bailed in time. I got kicked by punkbuster for saying "Ha! U f4g" When i reconnected he was gone as well, i guess he got booted for being an asshat. Because i was typing to all the guys on the server and a few guys from the clan where there.

I am curious to see what kind of A hole ppl you have played with

If there's a squad named "AIR" that means that they should have the right to the gunship.
    After all, their server, their rules.

Comment

Ummm....he already said it wasn't his server. And no one not part of the server has a "right" to anything. First come first serve.

Comment

who was it lol? I kn ow quite a few ppl like that wether it be squad or friends.

Comment

Well I guess if I hop in the TG server and jack a gunship when there's a GUNSHIP squad, then it's OK???!!!

I'm not saying that what they did was right, but it is their right to run their server that way.

Comment

But....the guy's gunship he sat in wasn't a server member. He was just another player, like any of us here.
            If it's a server member....then no. You hand the gunship over. But if it's not, the gunship is as much yours as it is theirs.

Comment

I wonder which fo the top 50 it was lol my bet is either on M_Teal/Soulzz/Bot ect lol

Comment

Originally posted by n00bs4brkfst
                If there's a squad named "AIR" that means that they should have the right to the gunship.
                If i name a squad "PILUM" does that mean i'm the only one who's allowed to use one?

Comment

Originally posted by D34D1Y View Post
                  who was it lol? I kn ow quite a few ppl like that wether it be squad or friends.
                  I don't remember his name. Is was something like "thrax" or some stupid crap.

DesmondLocke is right, The guy was not part of 3AC (Server clan). If a clan wants to make it a rule to only let their members fly the gunship, i am fine with it. I will either leave or not care because i don't want it.

Just because you make a squad named Air does not give you gunship privileges. I can't go into a gibralter server and name a squad WALKER and expect everyone to just let me use the walker. Everyone else has the same right to use it as me. There have been times where me and a guy that had previously used the gunship in the round are waiting for it and some other guy comes in and takes my gunner seat and i don't start telling him to get out. He beat me to it, oh well.

There are better ways to do this. The guys could have asked if it was ok if they used the gunship the whole round. Because a good gunship can help the team alot. It's better to let guys that know what they are doing take the gunship, but just because they know how to use it, they have no right to kick a guy out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Luv2Killu
                    If i name a squad "PILUM" does that mean i'm the only one who's allowed to use one?
                    Ohhh man, I can see it now. A team with six squads named:
                    PILUM
                    VOSS
                    TANK
                    BAUR
                    GANZ.....and....
                    TITAN

Wouldn't that be a great server to play on?

Comment

i'm sure i've been on that server

Comment

correct me if im wrong, but its against the rules to reserve vehicle for private use on ranked servers, even if you own the server no?

if it was unranked, well, take it on the chin, but if its ranked im pretty sure no individual has the right to disallow vehicles with the intent of giving people/s an advantage.

Comment

yeah its pretty boll0cks thinking its ok to reserve gunships/tanks for "special clanmates" and kick/ban anyone else that uses it. i got kicked and threatened with a ban the other day on the timeless server as i took the gunship from a player that continuously waited for it. He had used it 3 or 4 times so i thought id have a blast only for him to cry to an admin and get me kicked. a gunship or tank does not have a "reserved for [insert name here]" sign in its window or on its hatch so anyone should be able to use the gunship period.

Comment

Hey I think I know someone that does this. KICK/BAN GET OUT OF MY GUN SHIP NOOB!

D o o r M A N is GUNSHIP!

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical
                              If a clan wants to make it a rule to only let their members fly the gunship, i am fine with it.
                              I'm not. That's totally against the rules for a ranked server. Only clan-mates allowed to use any vehicle or asset? No frickin' way. If they ask nicely, want to take turns, whatever. But hog it? Nope.

(Now, maybe if they ask nicely and the guys going for an award or something, I'd be o.k. with letting one team hog it, but then you're doing them a favor)

As an aside, Quemical, I've squadded up with you a few times on 3rd ACR- good show.

Comment

Working...
                              X