Playing with ponies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by n00bs4brkfst
    If there's a squad named "AIR" that means that they should have the right to the gunship.
    After all, their server, their rules.

Comment

There was only one person that I felt was an a$. who uses hax and been on here before. This was before I knew they were cheats. Him and two of his buddys teamed up against me before a match started. They went on and on about how I should give up the game and that I wasnt very good at it. Meanwhile, I blew them out of the air and took down their walkers and blew up their tanks while they used their cheats. Finally a sixth person comes on the server and I quit

Later I found out they were all a bunch of cheaters and that made me feel a lot better because I took on all three of them AND their cheats.

Otherwise, if someone is being a jerk, I make sure they get theirs. Its a "Ill watch your back if youll watch mine" game and, lets just say, a few people got knifed by the enemy that could have been avoided

Edit: Actually I dont go out of my way to make sure they get theirs, but if I see someone is about to and they were a jerk, I dont stop it when I could have.

Tit for Tat man, kharma is hell. Good luck to all out there.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

why wud you kick someone for taking the gunship at the beginning of the round its like he offered him to be a pilot normally i wud just take of if im offered to be a pilot and chill.

Comment

Originally posted by n00bs4brkfst View Post
          Well I guess if I hop in the TG server and jack a gunship when there's a GUNSHIP squad, then it's OK???!!!

I'm not saying that what they did was right, but it is their right to run their server that way.
          I completely disagree. This is against EA ROC/ROE.

Comment

Ranked Server Administrators:

If you are an administrator of a ranked Battlefield server (referred to below as a "Server Administrator"), you must also comply with the EA Online Terms and Conditions.

Server Administrators are in violation of the EA Online Terms and Conditions if they enforce server rules on ranked servers that prohibit or severely limit players from using any roles, kits, weapons, vehicles, or other features of the game while playing on their server. Examples of such rules that would violate the EA Online Terms and Conditions include:

* Preventing players from being Commander or Squad Leaders
            * Preventing players from using certain vehicles such as jets, helicopters, or tanks
            * Running knife / pistol-only servers
            * Preventing players from using all commander assets (artillery, vehicle drop, UAV or scans). If using the Infantry-only server-side option, this should be clearly stated in the game's loading screen
            * Preventing players from using certain weapons or items (such as flash bangs or C4) or enforcing a "pistol only" or "knife only" server rule

Comment

Wow. I thought the purpose of the game was to promote squad play. If there's a squad named AIR, then they should have much more presedence over some lonewolf rambo. Why SHOULDN'T you join the squad???? Now this also depends on the size of the server. A 16 person should have a "AIR" squad, b/c that's just whoring, if there's a tactical pupose to having the squad, then by all means have a specialty squad.

Ex: Say some1 has a gunship squad, and someone outside the squad jumps in, SL ask person if they will get out, if said person's ego is too big to give a sh|t then said person will be warned, after which they will be kicked. (This is all assuming that the server has a rule stating that there may be specialty squads.)

Specialty squads do not go against the ROE.The server admins do not prevent people from using the gunship. Other people doing this isn't against ROE either, other wise walker whores could be permabanned.

Comment

Originally posted by DesmondLocke
                Ohhh man, I can see it now. A team with six squads named:
                PILUM
                VOSS
                TANK
                BAUR
                GANZ.....and....
                TITAN

Wouldn't that be a great server to play on?
                Poor camp g.

KRYLOV
                KRYLOV
                KRYLOV
                KRYLOV
                VOSS
                VOSS
                VOSS
                VOSS
                BUNNYHOP

Comment

Originally posted by n00bs4brkfst View Post
                  Wow. I thought the purpose of the game was to promote squad play. If there's a squad named AIR, then they should have much more presedence over some lonewolf rambo. Why SHOULDN'T you join the squad???? Now this also depends on the size of the server. A 16 person should have a "AIR" squad, b/c that's just whoring, if there's a tactical pupose to having the squad, then by all means have a specialty squad.

Ex: Say some1 has a gunship squad, and someone outside the squad jumps in, SL ask person if they will get out, if said person's ego is too big to give a sh|t then said person will be warned, after which they will be kicked. (This is all assuming that the server has a rule stating that there may be specialty squads.)

Specialty squads do not go against the ROE.The server admins do not prevent people from using the gunship. Other people doing this isn't against ROE either, other wise walker whores could be permabanned.
                  I thought the purpose of the game was to have fun? I've been doing it all wrong? :shock:

Just because someone has created a squad with a custom name does not give that person or his/her squaddies the rights to dominate certain aspects of the game. So, if someone creates a specialty squad named "Recon" does that mean you'd kick all Recons not in that squad? How about the FAV squad>

"I saw you driving a Tank. Banned."

Your logic is illogical.

Comment

Originally posted by RottnJP
                    As an aside, Quemical, I've squadded up with you a few times on 3rd ACR- good show.
                    Really? Didn't notice. I will keep my eyes open next time i am on there :salute:

Comment

Its funny how the same people who say you should have courtesy for your fellow players, then defend some random guy getting in a gunship instead of letting the squad named AIR do it. It happens all the time in servers I go to, and if I see a guy who is always in a tank/walker, and always owns with those vehicles, I will gladly give them up for an FAV or APC.

Courtesy goes both ways folks.

Comment

I believe in queueing -- lining up & waiting your turn. That is fair to me. There could be a squad called "Air" and a new guy on the server who wants to fly the Talon. If he waits in line and then is hassled by the "Air" squad, I'd side with him. He should have an opportunity to fly the aircraft just as much as the squad members of "Air".

That to me is fair, courteous play. The other way is Fascist bullenshize.

If you want to restrict things on your server, it should be unranked. Public servers are for the public and not the elite.

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical
                          I must of played with one of the biggest yesterday on the 3rd Armored cavalry server.

At the beginning of the round i sprinted towards the gunship on the titan and was the 1st to reach it and hit F2 because i preffer to play gunner. A short second later someone jumps on the pilot seat and starts saying "Out out out" My immediate thought is "WTF" He goes on and on to get out. I ask why and he says because his buddy has ventrilo. When i looked at the squads i see one named "air" and it is locked. I type in that i don't care, there are no reserves and i was even nice enough to even let him be pilot. He then asks for me to get booted because i don't want to get out. That's what really p1ssed me off. I told him to F off, that he has no right to claim the gunship, he is no one and it's not his server. So after that his buddy just says to take off. So he does and intentionally drives it into the ground, of course i knew he was gonna do that so i bailed in time. I got kicked by punkbuster for saying "Ha! U f4g" When i reconnected he was gone as well, i guess he got booted for being an asshat. Because i was typing to all the guys on the server and a few guys from the clan where there.

I am curious to see what kind of A hole ppl you have played with
                          Who the jerk is in this situation depends entirely how he treated you, but to me, it sounds more like YOUR the jerk here. If he just was rude about it, and spammed "out out out", and said "get the f* out"... then yea I'd agree with you, but he was OBVIOUSLY flying with another person.... if he asked you nicely, and you REFUSED to get out, I'd be pissed at you too. That's RUDE on your part then. Here's a bit of advice from a bf vet, if somebody is using a vehicle, then it's THIER vehicle.... and who they take for gunners is up to THEM..... if you ask nicely, most pilots (even with dedicated gunners) will let you take the gunship for yourself next time. I know I will. But if I have my friend standing there trying to get in to gun for me, and some asshat jumps in instead and then gets made at me when I ask him to get out, when it was OBVIOUS I had a gunner already for my turn with the vehicle... I'm gonna be kinda pissed.

So it's a two way street man. Both players need to be curtious and take their turns... but I'd give him the benefit of letting him choose a gunner (if he has one he wants to use) if he's the pilot. After all, a good pilot is what keeps his gunner alive.... and its the gunner that gets most of the points.

Of course this all goes out the window if he's whoring it... that's a different story. If he's the only one using it, and won't let anyone else a shot at it... then I wouldn't blame you for getting mad. Oh and for those people saying it's against the ROE.... that only applies if they won't let you use it at all... if they won't let you GUN for them when they PILOT, but otherwise let you have a turn, then there's nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by DesmondLocke
                            Ohhh man, I can see it now. A team with six squads named:
                            PILUM
                            VOSS
                            TANK
                            BAUR
                            GANZ.....and....
                            TITAN

Wouldn't that be a great server to play on?
                            hey dutch the squads would be more like this:

VOSS
                            VOSS
                            VOSS
                            VOSS
                            VOSS
                            VOSS

all squads are voss, crap lets just get rid of everyother kit except assualt. let get rid of the baur too. lets all just voss it up.
                            lol, doesn't everyone just love the voss???

Comment

if he asked you nicely to get out for his mate then you probably should have because id feel weird being the gunner when i know he just wants his mate in there instead

but i guess your entitled to do whatever you want

Comment

Originally posted by ThirtyOughtSix
                                Who the jerk is in this situation depends entirely how he treated you, but to me, it sounds more like YOUR the jerk here. If he just was rude about it, and spammed "out out out", and said "get the f* out"... then yea I'd agree with you, but he was OBVIOUSLY flying with another person.... if he asked you nicely, and you REFUSED to get out, I'd be pissed at you too. That's RUDE on your part then. Here's a bit of advice from a bf vet, if somebody is using a vehicle, then it's THIER vehicle.... and who they take for gunners is up to THEM..... if you ask nicely, most pilots (even with dedicated gunners) will let you take the gunship for yourself next time. I know I will. But if I have my friend standing there trying to get in to gun for me, and some asshat jumps in instead and then gets made at me when I ask him to get out, when it was OBVIOUS I had a gunner already for my turn with the vehicle... I'm gonna be kinda pissed.
                                The problem here is the OP got in first, so it's not like he jumped into a gunship with a pilot waiting for his regular gunner already. Then out of pure spite the pilot nosedives the gunship? In this case the ******* is clearly the pilot, who jumped in after the OP did.

Making a custom squad named "Air" is a good idea for easy identification for the commander and all, but I have to agree with everyone else that simply declaring yourselves the "Air" squad does not automatically confer some royal right to be the sole users of the air vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X