No announcement yet.

Camping, opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually just staying in one spot is camping. It's where you do it that matters. Iff you camp in the middle of your map and snipe people who go by, that's perfectly legal and that's one of the many strategies snipers use. But camping behind a spawnpoint (the rocks on camp gib) can get pretty annoying for the enemy team.

And would you rather have the EU team move into the PAC base instead of "camping" and defending their flag?

Comment

and lets not forget. the SNIPER is designed to hide in roughly the same spot and kill at a distance.

yes, it can be annoying but that's what they're supposed to do!!!!

IMO, a person with a sniper rifle can't actually spawn rape/cap anyone unless they have their scope already set to where a person's head will spawn. other than that, tough sh** and zig zag the sniper fire =) that works well for me. (i almost always run in a zig zag ever since bf1942... as i almost always assume there is a sniper aiming towards me)

for the OP, don't worry about people complaining like that. just kill them again for flapping their mouths

Comment

Originally posted by Bardo View Post

for the OP, don't worry about people complaining like that. just kill them again for flapping their mouths
        I did kill them over and over again .

You would of thought they would of gone to the back of me and knifed me

Comment

well, in response to people saying its what snipers are supposed to camp....well yeah in RL....

in RL sniper have a 10x zoom scope standard and most rounds are 1 hit kills...
          in RL theres rarely if ever a fog limit
          in RL snipers are used to destory important targets and un-detonated munitions.

comparing the RL standards for a class is silly, the point of a sniper in this game is to engage enemies at medium-long ranges, remove MG nests, provide long range recon. personally i find it easier to snipe withing 50m anyway.

and btw, what many of you are describing is called spawn-raping, its an entirely different 'tactic' camping is when you dont move from a location (generally a radius of 10-20m) for an extended period of time. well thats how AA used to define it, and its generally accepted that not moving from a certain radius in X time is camping.

just pointing it out folks, im not a fan of camping snipers, but yes its not easy to do in any regard, and vulnerablility from counter-sniping is an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Brood+98 View Post
            1) in RL most rounds are 1 hit kills...
            2) in RL theres rarely if ever a fog limit
            3) in RL snipers are used to destory important targets and un-detonated munitions.
            1) In RL most rounds from any weapon are a 1 hit kill, if you take a kill as removing someone from the battle (not an actual kill), this is the equivalent in BF to critically wounded not killed.

2) True but in real life there is a limit to effective range, and a lot of this depends on weather conditions.

3) In BF snipers with a Zeller can destroy un-detonated munitions, it's great fun taking out an engie with his own motion mines.

Staying in the same spot with a sniper rifle in BF is one of the most effective ways of utilising the class.

Comment

all this talk of snipers makes me want to dust off my Zeller

Comment

feel free to camp, but i can't stand it personally

I'd much rather be running around with a clark/voss/krylov helping my team obtain the win

@ d0wnsizer: did you recently play in the =)BiT(= server because i definitely remember seeing you in a squad of mine

Comment

As was mentioned previously everyone has a different idea of what camping is.

To me camping is something noobs do - they wait behind spawn points with their guns aimed exactly where someone spawns.

Defense is when you actively defend an area - you don't move to far away for extended periods of time.

What was described in the first post is just sniping to me. You weren't actively targeting spawnpoints and killing people the moment they spawned, so it's all good. Annoying as hell, but fair.

Comment

@autofodder, yes, that was me... GREAT server you guys have there, lot's of fun (team work with communication, and good admins)... sorry again about the SLSB misunderdtanding... I'll have to add you to my buddy list... (I already added the server to favs)

Comment

I'd love some red laser pointer for sniper rifles. It would totally rock capping a flag with your buddy and see this red dot appear on his body moving towards his head. Using TS or VOIP you could warn each other. I'd love this.

Comment

Originally posted by AutoFodder View Post

I'd much rather be running around with a clark/voss/krylov helping my team obtain the win
                        So is spotting enemy tanks and gunships as they make their way to the centre not helping my team?

Comment

Originally posted by XxSTAM1NAxX
                          I'd love some red laser pointer for sniper rifles. It would totally rock capping a flag with your buddy and see this red dot appear on his body moving towards his head. Using TS or VOIP you could warn each other. I'd love this.
                          Never has any sniper rifle had a laser on it. In fact it would be incredibly stupid to put one on any sniper. Laser only go on pistols and some ARs.

Comment

I don't care about realism in this game. In fact, it's unrealistic as hell. But apart from that, I still think it would be nice to have sniper rifles with a laser pointer.

Comment

Don't worry Andy about what every little **** who can type says. If you are crap, like me, you get called noob, if you're good you get called hack and if you defend an area you get called camper.

Keep doing what you do, from the whinging it sounds like you're doing it well.

Tye

Comment

Working...
                              X