Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping, opinions.

Let me set the scene.

I'm playing Sidi Power Station (or how ever it is spelt). I prefer to Snipe. I take a position on one of those "Power stations" in the water close to PAC base. I just do my thing and snipe people and then I start being called "camping noob" "fking cmpr".

Since when were sniper rifles made for close combat? Its not like I'm going to rush with a single shot gun.

Why do people get criticized for their playing style? and how is camping a "noob" thing to do?

Because you where sniping at the pac base. Some people don't like that. Try just a normal flag that the other team holds.

Comment

IMO I feel that camping in 2142 is nothing compared to other FPS games since you can easily track campers with the IDS/UAV.

Camp all you want, just make sure you don't become an easy knife target

Comment

Originally posted by ///BASIL\\\ View Post
        Because you where sniping at the pac base. Some people don't like that. Try just a normal flag that the other team holds.

Actually I wasn't.

I liked that spot because you could see infantry coming across the bridge and tanks and gunships coming towards the centre.

Comment

Thats what i do.....but i dont get called a camper lol

Comment

they call you that because its irritating to be killed by somone so far away, i would pod down and knife you personally, but some people thinki whining about camping does more DPS

Comment

Camping is a legit (but ****ty) tactic in 2142.

It's extremely irritating to be killed by someone camping in an unknown location. Especially if you're going for an objective and the camper is constantly in the same place.

Snipers are often the most tedious players to take out, providing they're not in plain sight. If before you died you didnt see his location, the general direction you were shot from needs checking. Sometimes this can encompass a large proportion of terrain. Most often, the location of the sniper is only accessible by one or two ways, which have probably been covered.

People get criticised for their playing styles because sometime people play the lamest game possible.

I would say camping is a noob thing to do because it gives you every possible advantage over the opposing person. It is, literally, easy mode.

Comment

I wouldn't call finding a good sniping spot camping.

I don't snipe much anymore, but when I did, I'd find a good spot that gave me a view of a CP that we had control of, any unwitting infantry trying to take it would get a round to the head +1 kill and +1 Defense point for me.

Comment

Camping is fine, props to you for finding a good spot and being able to snipe well. The guy that gets killed because he didn't see you deserves it - its not your fault he didn't see you :P

People get criticized for their playing styles because the guy on the other end of the gun can't deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis908 View Post
                    People get criticised for their playing styles because sometime people play the lamest game possible.

I would say camping is a noob thing to do because it gives you every possible advantage over the opposing person. It is, literally, easy mode.
                    Hmm :/people really do play in many lame ways in BF2142
                    There's many ways to camp and some of them are a big no-no in my book too. Not this one though.

I don't think that a sniper who finds a good spot and stays there until discovered is playing lame or "in easy mode" in any way. Especially on a vehicle heavy map like that.

I just found out how much fun sniping is on an open map like that where you can actually take advantage of the unique features of the sniping rifle. On Camp G for example, the fog limits your view too much to really do that (if you're within the fog limit, you're most probably PK-rocket food)

I've played against a team with 2 really good snipers, and boy does it make you think twice about rushing out in the open. I could see why that would irritate some people enough to start flaming the sniper but i think it's just what the sniper is supposed to do.

Comment

Then its all good. i thought you meant you were sniping the pac base. Seeing your pic you were just around it. Camp all you want and have fun.

Comment

camping is pretty much part of any game, if its a choice between sitting in one spot or moving and getting insta mowed then i know what i would choose, sometimes i play sniper and camp because its a relaxing change but most of the time i use the moretti as some kind of super close range rifle lol

if a sniper takes a shot at me though, i will hunt him down no question

Comment

the scenario you gave, i wouldn't call bad camping.

pansy camping is using a walker in an uncap. or purposely waiting behind where you know an enemy spawn point is.

what you described is fine. besides, once you (as a sniper) kill someone ONCE, they should be running around in random zig-zag patterns to make it harder on you (the sniper) and then they should have nothing to complain about.

Comment

I've got nothing against snipers doing their job properly, and what you were doing is perfectly fine, Bardo hit the nail on the head, couldn't agree more.

Comment

I see no problem, with what you were doing.
                              I find camping as a sniper really boring, its more fun to run around and be an assault sniper. but you weren't camping an uncap no there is nothing to complain about.

Comment

Working...
                              X