Hacking & Exploiting on the rise again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brood+98
    Ive seen more n00bs, more hackers though? yeah, probably, haveseen some wierd ***-**** lately.

why the heck am i playing titan mode so much lately...its where n00bs congregate,...should go back to conquest.

and ICE*T i think that support may have been me, had a guy shoot me with a lambert and seriosuly, only the top of his head was showing, it was insane.
    i couldnt believe it I just stuck me head around the corner saw a bloke there and instinctiveley pulled the trigger he was dead in like 3-4 shots;I was like WTF?i dont play as ICE*t anymore though(thought the name was cheesy!!)one thing Ive noticed is the odd mystery grenade coming from no-where and just caning the whole of our squad defending a corridor

Comment

Originally posted by Widkidone
      Since that PB is not being updated like it use to when it first came out for games it does open the doors to this "hacking and exploiting". I remember back in the days of the RVS there was a community of gamers called Respected Admins who would config PB files to help improve PB.It would be nice in the BF2142 community that would do the same thing to help this issue.
      Such an organization exists for all PB enabled games....it's called Punksbusted.com . Check to see if your favorite server is a member and if it's not then get them to become a member.

Comment

Originally posted by VT Nerd
        Such an organization exists for all PB enabled games....it's called Punksbusted.com . Check to see if your favorite server is a member and if it's not then get them to become a member.
        only thing i hate about PB is too many SS. They should only SS people who go like 40-7 or something. Cause my PC will stop for 1-2 for a SS or jumps. When I play on ATU i sometimes get killed alot from it. But I like there area alot.

Comment

Cheaters get wrokd by the netwrizzy.

Comment

Originally posted by netwrok View Post
            Cheaters get wrokd by the netwrizzy.
            lol never seen that PB message before..

Comment

I have run into a few guys know exactly where I am when I m the only PAC deep in the camp gib, and I move many places, so the sonar couldnt have caught me, but apm mines helped when I was followed.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster View Post
                I have run into a few guys know exactly where I am when I m the only PAC deep in the camp gib, and I move many places, so the sonar couldnt have caught me, but apm mines helped when I was followed.
                UAV maybe???:laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by n00bs4brkfst View Post
                  Or a Commander spotting. I know it is annoying to hear the Commander spot message, but a Commander spotting can really turn the tide of the battle. No rats slips throught the net.

Comment

pod surfing?

how do u pod surf?

Comment

you move your mouse left an right 90* and youll move backwards, with a high DPI mouse you can move surprising distances, and get to places you shouldnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando View Post
                        Maybe you're just getting worse at the game. The more time you play the game and the less time you spend thinking everyone is a hacker, the better you get.

True story.
                        No, actually, i've gotten better... in fact I can often own even the hackers with their wall hacks and aimbots, the trick is to outsmart them. You can outsmart the computer aided assistance easy enouph, and if not, you can outsmart the player just the as easily if he didn't have the hack and/or isn't using the exploit (with some exceptions of course).... there have been many times where I faked out somebody who knew I was coming or something, cause I went in KNOWING where he was at the time, and that he'd expect me to come after him.... of course, I just act like a scared little rabbit and run back around the corner like i didnt expect him there, then "POW" my rdx gets him when he gives chase. That's just one example, but you get my point. It really doesn't have anything do with how many times im dying, or not dying.... just the fact that some of them are MOST CERTAINLY cheating in some way (can't say how many of the ones I'm not positive about) giving them some egde (even if it can be outsmarted) is completely unfair, unsportsmanlike and just lame.

Besides it's not like i can't just find another server and play without them. It just ticks me off that so many are getting away with kinda stuff now.... I don't wanna see this turn into CS or something... I'd just stop playing it then.... cause that'd be REALLY LAME.

Originally posted by Brood+98 View Post
                        you move your mouse left an right 90* and youll move backwards, with a high DPI mouse you can move surprising distances, and get to places you shouldnt.
                        Don't go telling him how... sheesh. Why you want more of the exploiters doing that? Come on now, think! ...besides it's against forum policy, I've gotten in trouble one time telling people what "pod surfing" was... even since I don't say a word about how it's done... just that people can "pod surf" and leave it at that....

Originally posted by n00bs4brkfst View Post
                        Yea um, that's like the first thing I check when I think they always seem to know where I am.... plus its kinda HARD for them to have a UAV out when they have no commander (there's been times where it *just* switched me and they had no commander before, and I even checked for UAVs anyways, and at the end of the round they still didn't have one)..... trust me, it's not that simple. I'm not stupid... I know what is in the game.

Originally posted by elrik2142
                        I don't think that we can be 100% sure about this until proven otherwise. Recently I was playing on Verdun Conquest (yes there are still servers out there running this) and I was constantly getting killed by a sniper who would consistently make one shot kills.

Now, don't get me wrong, there are a lot of excellent snipers out there but his consistency in one-shot kills was something else. His K/D ratio up to that point was equally impressive - 21/2.

Anyways towards the end of the game I saw him sniping from one of the towers in Verdun. Since he was too busy sniping other people, I managed to sneak behind him and knife him. When the dogtag came up - guess what - no name on it and, as some of you know, his name wasn't added to my dogtag list when I checked afterwards. After a horrible game for me at least I got the satisfaction of killing him, something that made him logout from the server shortly afterwards.

Personally this is probably the best way to figure out if someone is cheating or not without going through battle recorder.I would like to see EA do something about it though. I mean a cheater (even if he gets his stats deleted) will most likely try to do the same again. How about a monthly ban for repeating offenders?
                        There has been people using hacks on servers I've been on where it's 100% obvious. Even the admins checked and confirmed it, and rightly banned them. So please understand, THERE ARE hackers out there.... I'm not trying to say "everyone" is hacking... of course not.... but lately it sure seems to be alot more then there used to be (comparatively)... and don't get me started on exploiters.... people have been exploiting to NO END lately! Its getting really sad.

Originally posted by sogek1ng View Post
                        Yeah, that guy was hacking his butt off. After he killed me I got the sniper rifle and still could not even see him cause of the fog. Yet he was still trying to shoot at me lol. That just screams out he is hacking lol.

I think i got his tags tho, maybe his knife was not working or something.
                        Yup. I think i've seen him before. Pretty sure he was.... what's up with that though? I mean WHY bother to hack if your gonna make it that obvious even? Isn't that begging to be banned? Although the sad thing is they don't get banned nearly as much as they should. Eh, still, if an admin is gonna "ban" somebody, I'd say they should make sure they REALLY are hacking or exploiting before doing so... a kick on the other hand, I don't see that as any problem..... but a perma ban? Yea I certainly DO NOT want to see innocent people getting banned, but this cheating crap has gotta stop too somehow.

Originally posted by RichardDawkins View Post
                        i notice people getting kicked from commander position, but other than that i'm not too sure i've ever seen outright hacking

couple of players seem to get a ludicrous amount of kills in conquest, but i'd imagine they are just better than me. the netbat system can work wonders, as can the old 'remove the fog by looking through the corner of your eye' trick. i know i have headshotted people with the park from beyond the viewing distance by lining people up with known markers. they have to be stationary of course, but it still would appear dodgy for them.

regarding getting killed and not knowing where it came from... isn't that half of the game?
                        Ah yes, I've done that as well... but not CONSITANTLY. The people I'm talking about doing this do it CONSISTANTLY.... not just once or twice cause they got a little lucky. I try not to make judgements before I've seen consistant behavior that suggests people are hacking....

Originally posted by bravespear
                        They have something that does that? Wow.

I was wondering why I my team could not have a commander the other day when we were playing.
                        Yup, since battlefield 2 they've had that.

Originally posted by Seppuku
                        I love how one dude in this thread says something about seeing tracers(!) from 400m away, and everyone else is like "Yeah, I got killed by a guy with a Ganz from 400m too!" "Yeah and he was aiming for my head the whole time!"

How in the world do you guys know the range of someone shooting at you that you can't see, or where his rounds are hitting you, or for that matter, that he is aiming for your head?

Is there cheating in this game? Sure. Is it sad? Yes. Is there more than before? I dunno seems about the same to me: a loose ratio of about 500 spasmodic claims of hacking for every actual instance of it.
                        If you notice, there is a meter gauge at the bottom of your gunsight.. with the sniper rifle, zoomed in, you can see pretty far (i think about 350m+ ish?) and if there's some guy who keeps killing you from like across an entire map, you know WHAT direction it's coming from for sure because of the damage direction display that pops up when you get hit (even if you die). So you go wondering in the direction.... and get killed again... so you try it again, sneaky like... eventually you FIND the guy, who's been sitting in the same spot (you eventually realize where he's at, and that he hasn't moved because of the sniper rifle fire noise you keep hearing from that spot).... and he's like ACROSS THE ENTIRE MAP from where he shot at you.

Plus, there's been times say where somebody with the ganz is up on top of the big tower at the back of cerebre landing, and they are shooting you from halfway across the map (missing just about every bullet because they are THAT far off, so you can very clearly see it coming)... and because its coming out of the fog from like WAY up in the air, the only logical conclusion is either he's "flying" or he's on top of the tower way at the back of the level....

Basically, you can't tell if somebody is hacking or not everytime, but sometimes, when they are being pretty stupid about it... you DEFINATELY know somethings up... its not like there's even anything to doubt about it. My HIGH suspicions of people doing such things has been confirmed before even by admins who also think they are who get punkbuster screen shots and have evidence of the hacks in that. So I'm not just imagining things.

Comment

Originally posted by xslaneyx View Post
                          no wonder it was a pain getting his tags!...

i found the name of a guy who had aimbot and a tag hack last night. There were complaints from pretty much everybody in the server about his actions and people saying that they were being killed by pistol shots from miles off. I followed him for a bit and it was ever more clear when he kept making jerky movents when shooting diff players and killing everyone in 1 or 2 shots

anywho his name is.........Ad0siA

he scored 57-2 in camp gib before with just krylov. couldnt even get within 100 meters of the dam cheater.

Thats funny you should say that, I played against him about two nights ago on camp gibralter and remeber thinking he was incredibly dodgy. Me and my friend still got his tags though

Comment

Originally posted by blank90
                            Thats funny you should say that, I played against him about two nights ago on camp gibralter and remeber thinking he was incredibly dodgy. Me and my friend still got his tags though
                            ah nice one mate well done:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by ThirtyOughtSix View Post
                              WHY DO YOU GUYS WHO DO THIS DO IT? Seriously what's the point?
                              I have used cheats in this game and BF2 and Ill tell you why.....Because it amuses me that you let it bother you so much that you have to create a thread and complain about it. And yes I have been banned from both games for cheating....oh well

Comment

Originally posted by sogek1ng
                                Cause my PC will stop for 1-2 for a SS or jumps. When I play on ATU i sometimes get killed alot from it. But I like there area alot.
                                ooooohhhh... so that's why it does that so much when I'm on a good killing spree...

Comment

Working...
                                X