No announcement yet.

Hacking & Exploiting on the rise again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacking & Exploiting on the rise again?

Yup I guess it's the time of year again guys, seems every summer there gets a point (especially this summer) where immature players like to find new ways to cheat. I've noticed a DEFINATE trend in people making next to impossible shots over and over again (one shot kills from riduclous distances sometimes), people that always seem to know EXACTLY where you are reguardless of the fact you where seen by nobody (you got all the way to the back or something, then this ONE guy makes a beeline right for you, over and over again everytime).... reguardless of the fact they had no UAV up, hell no commander even.... people inside buildings.... and people abusing the pod surfing to an EXTREME (I consider that a bit of an exploit when they traverse half the map with it).

Some of these "cheats" are so obvious they are using an exploit or EVEN a hack that there's absolutely no doubt in my mind they are hacking (like for instance sniping the ENTIRE map from the top of the tower on cerebere landing, even though you are like 3x outside of the maxium distance you can see because of the fog).... it's certainly not just me... I can't tell you for sure just how many or how bad it is, not all am I certain about, but certainly lots more "red flags" have been going off lately for me compaired to the WHOLE time previously that I've played this game. But like I said, some are obvious, and many people agreed with me on that server, even an admin sometimes when they are online with us (and yes, some have been banned according to the admins).

I just have two questions, has anyone ELSE noticed this trend lately? I've heard a few other people saying a similar thing recently on one of the boards I visit for BF2142.....

And two, WHY DO YOU GUYS WHO DO THIS DO IT? Seriously what's the point? The game is suppose to be fun, and hell if you ruin my time by kicking my *** legitimately then more power to ya.... lol... but to cheat? Um, well doesn't that kinda TAKE the fun out of kicking somebodies butt? I mean just about ANYONE can do that with a hack or exploit... so why? I don't see it being fun for ANY of the parties... do you somehow fool yourself into thinking that your that good or something? Please break this denial you guys (the people who cheat) are in about somehow that this cheat is making you better then us... I actually find it even MORE amusing when I find somebody I think might be cheating (or I know is) and STILL kick his butt.... what's that tell you then? Maybe that skill can sometimes even prevail over cheats..... but here's the thing, if you don't PRACTICE yourself instead of relying on exploits or cheats, you DO NOT get any better.

So I ask you guys who do such dirty tactics, why do you bother? Of course I don't expect any cheats to answer.... they are too chicken to do that!

Cant say that I have noticed anything.
    Sure sometimes I think "How did he do that?", but I will just assume lag made the kill seem more l337 than it was.

And being detected is noting special these days, any support worth his salt will be carrying some kind of detection device.

The cheaters very likely takes joy in knowing that their victims becomes steaming mad without having any way of getting revenge. It is just the old bully mentality.

Comment

Since that PB is not being updated like it use to when it first came out for games it does open the doors to this "hacking and exploiting". I remember back in the days of the RVS there was a community of gamers called Respected Admins who would config PB files to help improve PB.It would be nice in the BF2142 community that would do the same thing to help this issue.

Comment

All you have to do is go to punkbusted to see the amount of cheaters caught has doubled almost since summer. Well school is starting for these young punks and we can get back to worrying about which weapon is now the new noob gun lol.:laugh:

Comment

Been seeing a rise in aimbots, but that's about it...

Comment

I have noticed people glitching a lot lately. But nothing else has caught my eye.

Comment

You always think at one time or another ;wow that shot was impossible but I did something like it the other day stuck my nose round the corner of a titan corridor pulled the trigger and killed this support guy in a few shots with the Lambert.You'll always get cheaters i like to think that it makes the straight up players achievments all the more glorious

Comment

Maybe you're just getting worse at the game. The more time you play the game and the less time you spend thinking everyone is a hacker, the better you get.

True story.

Comment

nah, no rise in cheating here :shock:

Comment

well theres a trick u can do with EMP grenades to get mass amounts of points in a single round but here is not the place to tell u guys how and yes theres a rise in cheating

Comment

I have to say that recently there seem to be way more people romping around the battlefield who seem to be practically bulletproof but can take out my entire squad with near one-shot-kills. Last night 3 of us got the drop on a guy who ran in front of us and stopped. We opened up on his back from the kneeling position, only for him to turn round and off us with a couple of Lambert bursts and run off! I can believe some people are very skilled, and I know I've pulled off some lucky shots in my time, but no one is bulletproof AND lucky all the time.

Comment

had a chap last night on a camp gib server who was shooting from around the ruins with ganz whislt i was prone in the tower opposite toll station!!!.

he was soon kicked after complaints from 4 other players also

his name was terry_fied or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by xslaneyx View Post
                          had a chap last night on a camp gib server who was shooting from around the ruins with ganz whislt i was prone in the tower opposite toll station!!!.

he was soon kicked after complaints from 4 other players also

his name was terry_fied or something like that?
                          Yeah, that guy was hacking his butt off. After he killed me I got the sniper rifle and still could not even see him cause of the fog. Yet he was still trying to shoot at me lol. That just screams out he is hacking lol.

I think i got his tags tho, maybe his knife was not working or something.

Comment

Ive seen more n00bs, more hackers though? yeah, probably, haveseen some wierd ***-**** lately.

why the heck am i playing titan mode so much lately...its where n00bs congregate,...should go back to conquest.

and ICE*T i think that support may have been me, had a guy shoot me with a lambert and seriosuly, only the top of his head was showing, it was insane.

Comment

I don't think that we can be 100% sure about this until proven otherwise. Recently I was playing on Verdun Conquest (yes there are still servers out there running this) and I was constantly getting killed by a sniper who would consistently make one shot kills.

Now, don't get me wrong, there are a lot of excellent snipers out there but his consistency in one-shot kills was something else. His K/D ratio up to that point was equally impressive - 21/2.

Anyways towards the end of the game I saw him sniping from one of the towers in Verdun. Since he was too busy sniping other people, I managed to sneak behind him and knife him. When the dogtag came up - guess what - no name on it and, as some of you know, his name wasn't added to my dogtag list when I checked afterwards. After a horrible game for me at least I got the satisfaction of killing him, something that made him logout from the server shortly afterwards.

Personally this is probably the best way to figure out if someone is cheating or not without going through battle recorder.I would like to see EA do something about it though. I mean a cheater (even if he gets his stats deleted) will most likely try to do the same again. How about a monthly ban for repeating offenders?

Comment

Working...
                              X