What's up with the 1.40 patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with the 1.40 patch?

1st august already still no sign for the patch...
    if i'm not mistaken release date was end of july no?

yeah wtf is wrong ?it's not like a huge changes or something just shootgun rate of fire....
    EA stop working on sim 2 expansion packs and start working on the 2142 patch

Comment

They are also fixing the podsurf problem, and the Accipiter problem. Demize told me that two weeks ago. I hope it'll be released soon so we can play a BALANCED 2142 instead of this Voss/Krylov/Pk rocket crap.

Comment

the patch is taking longer than i expected but hopefully it will be excellent when we get to play an offical version of v1.40

Comment

Originally posted by zivmil View Post
          yeah wtf is wrong ?it's not like a huge changes or something just shootgun rate of fire....
          I think you are forgetting that it also includes a completely new map.
          And apparently a feature that causes the servers to crash.

Hasnt DICE been very reluctant to give a release date?
          I dont recall seing one.

Comment

And a new map.....

Comment

hopefully not till its ready. no rush for a bugged patch. Let them do it right. Do your remember 1.10 or better yet 1.3 for bf2. the stuff in the patch is looking good but there is something wrong with it.

Comment

I think they should build the patch again from scratch implementing everything instep by step and then see what causes the crashes in between step of the patch development, then they know which part to work on.

I cant see it being the clark buff or the scar buff and the new map is fairly easy to implement i would have thought, i think its the kit saves that is crashing the servers.

Comment

Originally posted by HoLyMaN View Post
                  ID rather see DICE do a proper job and get it all right ;not rushing the patch and creating loads of other probs;good on you DICE

Comment

Originally posted by HoLyMaN View Post
                    Dont be impatient and quit crying. The last thing they need to do is rush a half a$$ patch out the door that breaks more then it fixes. The next thing we'll see is you complaining how broke the patch is (because you were impatient).

Comment

1.40 Patch is not going to fix any of the real issues. Like the Titan issues, recuit bug, connection lost bug, and the other things. The only thing I saw in the beta was useful was the saving the kits and is about it. If they could fix the hit detection on the weapons, SAAW issues, and others things that have been reported would be a great boost for this game.

Do not expect 1.40 to come out anytime in the near future.

Comment

exactly. i'll wait until 08 as long as the patches actually works beautifully.

Comment

Yeah guys, they can delay the patch for days because they have to add a map that has been around for years.

Comment

Originally posted by ///BASIL\\\ View Post
                            hopefully not till its ready. no rush for a bugged patch. Let them do it right. Do your remember 1.10 or better yet 1.3 for bf2. the stuff in the patch is looking good but there is something wrong with it.
                            I totally agree here. LET THEM DO IT RIGHT !! JUST FOR ONCE !! :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
                              I think they should build the patch again from scratch implementing everything instep by step and then see what causes the crashes in between step of the patch development, then they know which part to work on.

I cant see it being the clark buff or the scar buff and the new map is fairly easy to implement i would have thought, i think its the kit saves that is crashing the servers.
                              From your statements you sound like you've never written a line of code. let alone debug a few thousand lines. Its abit more difficult then you "think". Usually thats the way it works.

As well when taking patches in mind. think this... the longer they take, the larger the chance they will come out as intended. obviously something at this point in the beta servers. that something is causing a crash. imagine if they released now. All servers would be crashing like those beta servers.

Comment

Working...
                              X