Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a question for DICE! What is up with the FENCES?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question for DICE! What is up with the FENCES?!

Camp Gibraltar. 32 man. Central Camp. I am at bottom floor, I see an enemy above. Fire SEVEN Clark shells in him. NO HIT INDICATOR?! Not even one SINGLE pellet out of the ~120 I fired didn't hit?! wtf. Why are the fences of the future so bulletproof? Worst thing was that this guy turned around, brooped his Voss at me and I died instantly, as always. Ok, maybe I had bad luck or something =/

Camp Gibraltar. 32 man. Toll station. I am on the guard tower overwatching toll station as a Ganz user. See a guy behind the fence, back towards. Unload ~25 bullets. One single hit. Just one. 2% of my bullets actually hit their target whilst it should have been 95% or something.. wtf?! They guy turned around and well, seeing as it was a Krylov, I got instakilled again. Riiight. Can someone explain how to pass the unpenetrable power of a fence?

You don't. Patch 1.25 changed the fences to add deviation to the shot cause there was some exploit that involved shooting through fences. The most effective way would be to kill him when he's right up against the fence I think.

Comment

The fences got deviation added to them in one of the patches. However, Krylovs and Vosses can still fire through them with perfect accuracy because, well, they're Krylovs and Vosses. (and yes, I'm being facetious, so don't bother spending your time correcting me ).

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
        You don't. Patch 1.25 changed the fences to add deviation to the shot cause there was some exploit that involved shooting through fences. The most effective way would be to kill him when he's right up against the fence I think.

Hmm.. strange. What was that exploit? I think I never even heard a single word about it and I have played this game from the start.

Originally posted by TheRealWolfgang View Post
        The fences got deviation added to them in one of the patches. However, Krylovs and Vosses can still fire through them with perfect accuracy because, well, they're Krylovs and Vosses. (and yes, I'm being facetious, so don't bother spending your time correcting me ).

~Wolfgang
        Hey Wolf, off topic: what's your best weapon?
        On topic: Anyone else here has the feeling that especially the ARs have an easier time shooting through the fences of hell? Or is just purely a coincedence?

Comment

The same happens with railings, they have a miraculous ability to block entire magazines, very annoying, especially when dealing with campers at the top of stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
            yup this is correct. Fences are stupid now but are always going to be hard to implement in a game.

Comment

the fence thing has always bugged me too... I feel your pain brother!

Comment

Originally posted by DutchDude View Post
                Hmm.. strange. What was that exploit? I think I never even heard a single word about it and I have played this game from the start.

On topic: Anyone else here has the feeling that especially the ARs have an easier time shooting through the fences of hell? Or is just purely a coincedence?
                Not if I'm holding them.

I've used Vosses, SCARs, Kylovs and Baurs. The guy on the other side of the fence ALWAYS turns around and wrecks me after I fire 2-3 clips at his back (making sure that I'm using them in an accurate fashion, crouched, bursting).

My favorite was the sniper who headshotted me.

Fences are just evil. Avoid them at ALL costs.

-Avenger_One

Comment

Originally posted by DutchDude View Post
                  ... he's the one who founded 'clarkianity' and made allowances to those who follow the herzog... why does every weapon he touch get its own religion?

Comment

same question, why won't you let me, a sniper, shoot through them? It's only one bullet you know.

Comment

It is b**locks at times, but 4 me the rule of thumb is if the enemy's further from the fence forget it if not... mow em' down

Comment

I rarely have problems shooting through fences... it just takes more shots. Don't try to be accurate, it's a waste of time. Just spray through the fence and you'll get them most of the time. Of course, if they're beyond like 10m from the fence don't even worry about it

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost 1800 View Post
                          ... he's the one who founded 'clarkianity' and made allowances to those who follow the herzog... why does every weapon he touch get its own religion?

That's cos Wolfgang is like a holy person here. He gives us med boxes, he gives us ammos, he is not a voss/krylov junkie AND he is fully comprehensible, as opposed to the default 2142 player (wut u want ammos whell i dunt hvae ammos nred, i am spmaaing peekay rockits losar) .
                          Imagine the Voss having an own religion: Vossdom? Vossianity? Vossuism? Vosslam? When the voss would have it;s own religion it would be called the Vosslame. Definately.

Yesterday I had a situation like this:

I see a guy behind a fence. He is hugging the fence. He is almost one with the fence. I have ze clarke. I fire my precious. The precious proceeds by not hitting a single thing. omgwtfbbq?! Naturally, the fence hugger (A Vosslamitic fanatic) turned around, popped the last 2 bullets in his gun and dropped me. Mkay.

One question though: Wolfgang Abenteuer was a german prime minister (I believe they call them Bundeskanseliers, if I recall correctly), why did Wolfgang pick that guy as his nick? Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost 1800 View Post
                            :laugh:

I did not found Clarkianity. The one at DICE who created the Clark is responsible for that. I am merely a servant. :salute:

Originally posted by DutchDude
                            Well that depends on what you mean by 'best'. On two of my accounts, the Clark is listed as the most used, and the Clark is my favourite because killing with it is so satisfying, but the weapon I am 'best' with would probably be the Voss. Problem is with the Voss, even though I find it extremely easy to kill people with it, it's not really that fulfilling. *shrugs*

~Wolfgang

Comment

Well that depends on what you mean by 'best'. On two of my accounts, the Clark is listed as the most used, and the Clark is my favourite because killing with it is so satisfying, but the weapon I am 'best' with would probably be the Voss. Problem is with the Voss, even though I find it extremely easy to kill people with it, it's not really that fulfilling. *shrugs*

~Wolfgang[/quote]

I ment your favorite weapon. My best weapon would be the Voss as well, yet I refuse to use it =) Clark just rules.

Comment

Working...
                              X