Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a question for DICE! What is up with the FENCES?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheRealWolfgang View Post
    I did not found Clarkianity. The one at DICE who created the Clark is responsible for that. I am merely a servant. :salute:
    There is one Clark, and Wolfgang is his prophet.

On topic, I usually don't bother firing through fences anymore. I never knew about the deviation thing; I just knew that firing through fences usually resulted in most of my bullets missing before my target sprays me with a Voss or machine gun.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchDude View Post
      One question though: Wolfgang Abenteuer was a german prime minister (I believe they call them Bundeskanseliers, if I recall correctly), why did Wolfgang pick that guy as his nick? Just curious
      It's actually from a character in the Sierra classic adventure/RPG Quest for Glory 1. Didn't know there was an RL person with that name, actually.

~Wolfgang

Comment

What? I always thought your name was named after Mozart. >_>

Comment

Mozart, Goethe, the QFG1 Guild Master...it's all good, yeah?

Edit: Ah, that's right, I forgot that I'm not actually 'Wolfgang Abenteuer' on the totalbf2142 boards because it didn't allow for enough characters for that long of a name during registration. On the totalbf2 boards as well as just about every other board I visit, that's my name.

~Wolfgang

Comment

lol qfg1 = best rpg of all time IMO

Comment

it seemed weird that they designed the maps and released the game and then thought 'oh we'll change the fences so you cant shoot through them, but only sometimes you can'

typical EA at the nonsenseical best

Comment

I usually kill them in one shot.

Comment

The fences are a joke now, for some people it's like nothing changed, for others (like myself) it's more like a wall now.

Comment

Originally posted by Spuddy View Post
                    The fences are a joke now, for some people it's like nothing changed, for others (like myself) it's more like a wall now.
                    Yep they're an impassable barrier for me as well. Strange strange fences.

Comment

What bug exactly could justify what is an incredibly unrealistic-looking fence? Not saying there wasn't one, but I can't think of one.

One bug I do know of, however, is that when people crawl or prone along thin walls (like those all throughout Fall of Berlin), their legs/arms often stick out through the wall which gives their position away in a horrendous fashion. Maybe related?

And those who weren't aware of that, yes, going right up to those walls is madness. Don't do it.

Comment

fences are a crap-shoot. i don't bother trying to shoot through them anymore. i adapted. i just consider them 1-way bullet proof glass: if i shoot at it, nothing happens, but the enemy can see me and can shoot through.

i just avoid.

Comment

I dont shot throu fences, i throw a nade at the guy, or use my RDX shoty to mortar the prick.

BTW: CLARK RULEzzzz, I snipe with it too

Comment

Ok, since we've all been there where we shoot through the fence and nothing happens, then the other guy shoots through the fence and we die, OBVIOUSLY there's something about those fences that lets that happen - it's not just chance or random luck. Let's try to figure out how to use those fences to our advantage. If I remember right it's about distance from the fence.

Is the optimal setup like this:
                            :ar15:______________________|_:dead:

Or like this:
                            :ar15:_|_______________________:dead:

Last night playing 16-man Tunis (and being lost half the time 'cause I never ever play that map I had a situation like the first one, we shot at each other and the other guy died, but IIRC he did hit me for some damage, but that's only one data point. Can anyone else give specifics (no speculation please) about a recent situation that will help shed light on this?

Comment

The should implement the fact that fences can be destroyed? or like create holes after bullets hit them, (and deviate duh).

Comment

Originally posted by Trippet View Post
                                :ar15:______________________|_:dead:
                                This one, I believe. The fence adds deviation to your weapon, so the closer your target is to the fence, the less deviation you will have (since the effects of deviation increases over distance) because of the fence. Granted, you will still have your weapon's natural deviation over that distance, but the effects from the fence won't hardly be noticable.

Originally posted by Trippet
                                Or like this:
                                :ar15:_|_______________________:dead:
                                In this instance, you have the devation from the fence compounded with your weapon's natural deviation and all of that over a long distance before finally reaching your target, so you'll be lucky to hit anything like that other than the fence itself. Hell, sometimes I think the fences deviate bullets so much that my own bullets deviate backwards into me.

That is, of course, assuming I'm correctly understanding how DICE did the fence deviation thing.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Working...
                                X