This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest Passes Coming to Steam?

Once again, The Steam Review has dug up some tasty information regarding the future of Steam. What might that information be? Well, if you haven't read the news topic yet, allow me to repeat myself. Guest passes may be headed to a Steam client near you.
    Regards to Andy S, who spotted a series of new strings added to Steam’s interface in the recent platform update. “Guest Passes� are on the way: you’ll be able to hand out free copies of participating multi-player games to your friends, through Friends or via e-mail, for them to play online with you.
    Here is a list of what TSR believes will be the case when it comes to these passes.
    • There are only so many guest passes per game

• Passes can only be held in receipt by one account at a time

• Passes are returned to you after each use and can be resent

• You can only send someone a guest pass once every 24 hours

• An account cannot receive a guest pass for the same game twice

• Guest passes “expireâ€? after an indefinite amount of time (minutes, hours and days are mentioned)
    Of course nothing has been "officially" announced just yet, but you can always check out the details of this yourself by browsing the steamui_english.txt file in your own Steam directory.

good for cheaters, i guess

Comment

So like lets get high.

Comment

Rather not, tbh.

Comment

FLeK0 wrote..

good for cheaters, i guess
          I can't wait to try out some new hacks.

Comment

You do realize you'll have to have a non-VAC banned account to even do this, right? Furthermore you'd have to own the game on that account just to give out a pass.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. Liked it when Warcraft/Starcraft did it.

Comment

Zips wrote..

You do realize you'll have to have a non-VAC banned account to even do this, right? Furthermore you'd have to own the game on that account just to give out a pass.
                The cheater scene has access to huge steam account databases, that means thousands of free invites will be available for a group of them.

Comment

FLeK0 wrote..

The cheater scene has access to huge steam account databases, that means thousands of free invites will be available for a group of them.
                  Do you believe everything you're told? The cheater scene (as a whole) has no more access to a collection of steam accounts than anyone else.

Comment

Seriously way to make a good idea negative. Play on servers with admins and you won't have to worry about cheaters. This is a cool thing to add, I've always tried to get my brother into CSS and DOD, maybe he will try them out finally.

Comment

Diamond Dust wrote..

Seriously way to make a good idea negative. Play on servers with admins and you won't have to worry about cheaters. This is a cool thing to add, I've always tried to get my brother into CSS and DOD, maybe he will try them out finally.
                      Ah the whole "servers with admins" myth. Admins never hack of course! So easy to find "servers with admins" just connect to steam, look for a server with admins! So simple. Yeah right.

Why don't you give us a guide to finding these mythical "servers with admins"? Or better yet give us ones that don't have a ping higher than 200?

Comment

duhhhh wrote..

Ah the whole "servers with admins" myth. Admins never hack of course! So easy to find "servers with admins" just connect to steam, look for a server with admins! So simple. Yeah right.

Why don't you give us a guide to finding these mythical "servers with admins"? Or better yet give us ones that don't have a ping higher than 200?
                        I play on a few regular servers that nearly always have admins on in some fashion. Legit, non-cheating admins at that. Go figure.

Comment

Zips wrote..

I play on a few regular servers that nearly always have admins on in some fashion. Legit, non-cheating admins at that. Go figure.
                          You didn't list them, explain how you found them, or even what ping you get. Go figure.

Comment

duhhhh wrote..

You didn't list them, explain how you found them, or even what ping you get. Go figure.
                            First get a gun.

Point to your head.

Pull trigger.

Easy fix for your problem, and anyone that knows you.

Comment

duhhhh wrote..

And I will continue to not list them. I like the servers I play on, I'd rather they were kept as they are without being tainted. I find them as anyone finds servers, by playing on them. What does my ping even matter?

Comment

Working...
                              X