X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it begins...

"Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

With having ONLY seen the title in the "Activity Stream" I KNEW this was going to be about cheating.

Why?

Because my friends and I ran into a cheater yesterday on the first server we all joined. He was getting 100% one shot/headshot kills from any distance with a pistol. Immediately round the corner and BAM, dead. All of us agreed that he was hacking, so we left and found another server where nobody was (apparently) hacking.

Comment

Yeah.

And now there are two anti-cheat programs for BF4. It wont stop it all though.

EDIT: Fortunately spectator mode would show that this guy has an aim bot with his snaps and mis-fires. An admin would easily see this.

Not always 100%, but it would be something.
      Last edited by CptainCrunch; 10-07-2013, 03:09 PM.
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Punkbuster is one of them, what's the second anti-cheat?

Hold on... it's that terrible FairFight from GameBlocks, isn't it? You guys know who owns GameBlocks, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Zipay View Post
          Punkbuster is one of them, what's the second anti-cheat?

Hold on... it's that terrible FairFight from GameBlocks, isn't it? You guys know who owns GameBlocks, don't you?
          It is and I don't know. I know it wont matter much and from the sound of it, can cause someone who is actually doing better get banned.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
            It is and I don't know. I know it wont matter much and from the sound of it, can cause someone who is actually doing better get banned.
            Here's a hint: TGN was put on the chopping block by them.

Needless to say, I never much cared for FairFight and neither do most others around the web for other, obvious, reasons much like the one you described.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Zipay View Post
              Here's a hint: TGN was put on the chopping block by them.

Needless to say, I never much cared for FairFight and neither do most others around the web for other, obvious, reasons much like the one you described.
              How? And how long ago?

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0 View Post
                How? And how long ago?
                A few months ago. And a couple of months prior to that they wanted to close TGN. I'm sure those weren't the first times either as they wanted nothing to do with the site for ages now. This might ring a bell...

We are no longer associated with them at all. (This also means I won't be forced into posting about things and promoting things I don't want to... )

Comment

GG to the POS that is Fairplay.

Comment

Yeah, Ive heard grumblings in the Battlelog forums as well and everyone thinks its good and OK for that to happen.

I hope good players record their playing so they have something to fight against it.

Someone also posted that you dont just get banned from BF4, but your Origin account gets suspended. I dont see how they can do that or if that is true, but that wont be good if innocent people get that.

Comment

They seriously think something that bans and even SUSPENDS your entire Origin account (if that bit is true) is ok?! It's not even a cheat detection method, it's a score detection system and a complete shit one at that, it seems.

I really cannot understand how there isn't some massive boycott over this. Players will have to make sure they aren't TOO good and even make sure to kill themselves in game once or twice if they're getting too high of a K/D ratio just because of this.

Comment

Yeah, I find that hard to believe as well, but I have seen it several times. Doesn't mean its true though

The only thing that will really upset the cart is if someone very popular, like LevelCap or rivalXFactor, gets banned when they is playing. Someone with a lot of supporters that would go to bat for them.

Anyone else and most people will just assume they are cheating and got what they deserve.

Comment

Working...
                        X